• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I really really really want Vic to sue his shitty lawyers.

Vic already lost his career.

But the other two shit bags think they're above everything so hopefully Vic will attack them. That'd be funny.

It would be so easy to prove how much of a financial interest Screech had in all this too.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017

But the other two shit bags think they're above everything so hopefully Vic will attack them. That'd be funny.

It would be so easy to prove how much of a financial interest Screech had in all this too.

This. I want the sacks of shit going after each other until there is only a brown mess left.

But first this trial. And Friday is gonna be fun (deadline for anti slapp as I understand it).

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Screech leaked Monica' Depo last night.....and said this during the part where she was talking about her encounter with Vic in the hotel room..........

Mod Edit: Added Spoiler Tag. Content Warning for Description of Rape and Rape Apologism.

HOLY SHIT what a rape enabling/defending scumbag!

Wow

Oct 25, 2017
sitting here just stirring through how fucked so much of this all is, and just looking past it to think about how fucking stupid vic...like he just admits to everything in deposition like he has no clue that anything he did was so wrong.

Which quotes like the one on the previous page and his actions to this point really pointed to that being the case, but now hes just laying it out there

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
sitting here just stirring through how fucked so much of this all is, and just looking past it to think about how fucking stupid vic...like he just admits to everything in deposition like he has no clue that anything he did was so wrong.

It really is impressive, but I really do believe what lawyer twitter has been saying, as in, they didn't prepare him at all. He had no clue what he was walking into. He didn't even know that the there was monetary damage involved etc.

I do not have a positive thought of Vic, but he really just seems to be dream walking through this without a clue of what his very own lawyers are doing.
It is a rather fascinating slow motion car crash.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

The question in that situation would be who do the shitty people on the internet side with?

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
"I realize how this makes me sound--"
Stop.
Stop.
Then don't fucking say it. You KNOW it makes you sound like a rape apologist. Then why say it?

You fucking foolish, injudicious, irresponsible manchild.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
The question in that situation would be who do the shitty people on the internet side with?
All but his fan club will drop Vic as fast as they can. It's obvious lawyer turned outrage manufacturer is the only one who can come out on top of this and I'm sure he'll be the one reaping all the benefits through another stupid GFM even if he gets successfully sued.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Vic lied about suing 1 million?
That's not clear. He is suing for a minimum of one million and claimed he didn't know that, but there's always the possibility that he's genuinely unaware. I assume he'd be opening himself up to perjury if he lies which might be why he's so forthcoming otherwise; I don't know how he's supposed to prepare for this deposition aside from being told to clam up. Again, if his attorneys were smart, they would have recognized that this lawsuit was doomed from the start and would have tried to prevent these questions being asked of him.

By he way, I think this is an observation worth highlighting:

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
Wait the video clips with that twitch streamer looking dude are from his actual law firm?

I got a morbid fascination out of watching Alex Jones's deposition and thought I'd take a peak at this one but I'm not about to watch his lawyer's commentary.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Wait the video clips with that twitch streamer looking dude are from his actual law firm?

I got a morbid fascination out of watching Alex Jones's deposition and thought I'd take a peak at this one but I'm not about to watch his lawyer's commentary.
I don't think so? I think it's just from his law show. I believe his firm up until very recently was just him acting as a company, and when he was investigated by Funimation's lawyers they couldn't find any sign that he was actually a practicing lawyer.

Which reminds me. I was trying to look up details about his law practice, speciality areas or whatever. I couldn't find those, but I found his Tumblr, which has one video entry about Chris-Chan. There were no details saying what it was about or what legal aspect he was going to get into, it was just that he had a Chris-Chan video for some reason.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

No, it's from the grifter in charge of the Go Fund Me. He is not Vic's lawyer. Vic's lawyer, Beard, gave the grifter the depos to play in his videos.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Just from the snips of the video he seems checked out on the whole process.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
And he denied it earlier....wow

This, this moment right here, is why you pay lawyers to represent you, let alone paying them the big bucks.

I'm not going to get into whether or not Vic did it or not, or if he would have lied or not (personally, I think he fucking did what was in this vid), but even a goddamn law student going through a 2L evidence course would have objected "form, and assumes facts not in evidence, presupposes that my client grabbed [x]'s hair," and, not even necessarily saying a witness would always lie intentionally in this situation, would be tip a witness like Vic the fuck off if his recollection wasn't that clear to say that he didn't remember doing any of that.

Instead, his attorneys let Vic testify in a way that makes it super obvious that he was doing that shit no matter what happened earlier

My fucking god his attorneys are awful

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
This, this moment right here, is why you pay lawyers to represent you, let alone paying them the big bucks.

I'm not going to get into whether or not Vic did it or not, or if he would have lied or not (personally, I think he fucking did what was in this vid), but even a goddamn law student going through a 2L evidence course would have objected "form, and assumes facts not in evidence, presupposes that my client grabbed [x]'s hair," and, not even necessarily saying a witness would lie intentionally, would be tip a witness like Vic the fuck off if his recollection wasn't that clear to say that he didn't remember doing any of that.

Instead, his attorneys let Vic testify in a way that makes it super obvious that he was doing that shit no matter what happened earlier

My fucking god his attorneys are awful

pay [good] lawyers [who aren't interested in only cultivating an online fanbase with a slogan that will get the duck dynasty on their ass] to represent you

Jun 22, 2019
I've seen tweets where people call Vic a sociopath/psychopath, and it's like, no, this is merely what entitled white men with fucktons of privelege are like. This sort of behavior is sadly "normal."

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Another Lawyer is going step by step through Vic's obituary... I mean Deposition. Honestly you would think thought he was at a convention Q&A panel the way he rambles on.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh... so "Rekieta Law" or whatever is just some third party stanning for Vic. I'd heard the name a lot previously so I just assumed he was directly involved.
As I understand it...

Vic got kicked. Then "Rekieta Law" (is an alleged lawyer but he's mostly someone who rants about SJWs on Youtube) started up a GoFundMe in Vic's name for Vic's defense (which is actually attack, not defense). Vic endorsed this GFM and pointed his fans towards it and said that unused money would be donated to the Salvation Army, but then later said under oath that he has nothing to do with Rekieta, because Rekieta set up the GFM without asking Vic, and Vic later endorsed it because he doesn't care, and he frequently endorses the use of his name for things he doesn't care about. Vic doesn't actually know if unused money will go to the Salvation Army, Vic just made that part up because it sounded noble. And (still under oath) Vic said that he doesn't give a shit if his fans are getting grifted by Rekieta, because that's not Vic's problem (those suckers are only Vic's fans, and Vic only told them to go get grifted by Rekieta, that doesn't make him involved with any of it).

Then Vic hired Beard to be his real lawyer, because Rekieta told him to do it. Rekieta is deliberately "not involved" for some reason.

Vic doesn't know how Beard is getting paid. Maybe Rekieta is paying Beard with money from the GFM. Maybe Beard is going to take it out of the millions Vic is expecting to win, while Rekieta runs off to Mexico with the GFM money. Maybe Beard is charging Vic by the hour and he's going to drop a huge bill on Vic at the end of the lawsuit. Vic doesn't fucking know. All he knows is that Beard is apparently his lawyer, and Beard is helping him burn his career to the ground by suing his abuse victims and his former employers.

Beard gave Rekieta an uncensored copy of Vic's deposition that contains horribly damaging information so that Rekieta can air it on his Youtube show so that he can grift Vic's fans for some more money which may or may not go towards the Salvation Army (LOL, that's never happening).

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
As I understand it...

Vic got kicked. Then "Rekieta Law" (is an alleged lawyer but he's mostly someone who rants about SJWs on Youtube) started up a GoFundMe in Vic's name for Vic's defense (which is actually attack, not defense). Vic endorsed this GFM and pointed his fans towards it and said that unused money would be donated to the Salvation Army, but then later said under oath that he has nothing to do with Rekieta, because Rekieta set up the GFM without asking Vic, and Vic later endorsed it because he doesn't care, and he frequently endorses the use of his name for things he doesn't care about. Vic doesn't actually know if unused money will go to the Salvation Army, Vic just made that part up because it sounded noble. And (still under oath) Vic said that he doesn't give a shit if his fans are getting grifted by Rekieta, because that's not Vic's problem (those suckers are only Vic's fans, and Vic only told them to go get grifted by Rekieta, that doesn't make him involved with any of it).

Then Vic hired Beard to be his real lawyer, because Rekieta told him to do it. Rekieta is deliberately "not involved" for some reason.

Vic doesn't know how Beard is getting paid. Maybe Rekieta is paying Beard with money from the GFM. Maybe Beard is going to take it out of the millions Vic is expecting to win, while Rekieta runs off to Mexico with the GFM money. Maybe Beard is charging Vic by the hour and he's going to drop a huge bill on Vic at the end of the lawsuit. Vic doesn't fucking know. All he knows is that Beard is apparently his lawyer, and Beard is helping him burn his career to the ground by suing his abuse victims and his former employers.

Beard gave Rekieta an uncensored copy of Vic's deposition that contains horribly damaging information so that Rekieta can air it on his Youtube show so that he can grift Vic's fans for some more money which may or may not go towards the Salvation Army (LOL, that's never happening).
y

i

k

e

s

Thanks for that. Very informative.

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
They are making a terribly unfunny joke, yes.

Also kinda gross too.

I received a warning for the joke and rightfully so. I deleted it again. And while i don't want to beat the dead horse i just want to explain this "joke". Because frankly. It's not really a joke at this point.

CW: Sexual Assault, Rape
Nick has made it clear, that he is the lowest of the low. He doesn't give two shits about victims or even the truth. He is the kind of guy who doesn't care about power dynamics and the psychology of abuse. He doesn't consider putting someone under alcohol (and probably other drugs) an issue. As long as they don't say "convincingly" no (a.k.a. scream/bite/kickyourass) they consented and went along with it.

I was once raped by a woman. Not by force. Not through the use of drugs. But just out of fear. Because she was taller than me, bigger than me and i was in a foreign city i just groveled when she made it abundandly clear that i would not be sleeping on her couch in the living room but in her bed. I went along with everything she wanted that night because i just wanted it to be over with and i was scared.

Shitstains like Nick and Vic (and all the incels kissing their asses) would call this behaviour
"consenting". So yes. Part of me wishes he would experience something like that as well and that was the source of the "joke".

I lashed out in anger and i hoped marking it as a spoiler would be enough. But obviously it wasn't.

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
All this talk about grifting money from gullible Vic fans kinda reminds me of how televangelists get people to send them thousands of dollars for expensive jets by preaching that the donations will bring them a miracle or something.

It kinda good that Vic isn't going to get what he wants and that will end with pie in his face. Now it just a matter of time for the whole things to finish up unless he wants to make anymore claims just to delay it further.

The major thing that the anime community has to deal with is his supporters that will using an means to "help" him and push down others who disagree.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Another Lawyer is going step by step through Vic's obituary... I mean Deposition. Honestly you would think thought he was at a convention Q&A panel the way he rambles on.

Okay, as we go through this, here's what I'm left wondering. We're all saying that Vic's deposition went poorly. But was it even possible for it go well? Like, he's presented a tweet that no reasonable person would take as a factual statement and asked if there's a factual statement there. He needs the answer to be yes. He says no. What else can he do? If he says that there is, he's blatantly lying. If he's silent, well, he loses anyway, because he's the one on the attack and needs to prove this in order to accomplish anything. Even if Vic's terrible at this, it's like torpedoing a ship made of swiss cheese.

In terms of damage to his lawsuit, the thing that seems most substantial to me is his admitting to the hair-pulling incident. But he's already admitted to other instances, so that isn't a wildly new development either. Before the lawsuit was even filed, you could point to his apology and say "substantial truth, sorry buddy".

What strikes me as even worse for him - in terms of the situation after the deposition being worse than before - is that despite this case supposedly being in defense of his reputation, Vic's taken a Legendary Super Shit all over it. He's taken his open secrets and made them simply open. He tried to build up a wholesome, clean image, and if it's true that he filed the lawsuit for the sake of that image, I'm afraid that you can't do that do that while also sharing your opinions on Xvideos' trending tags.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Okay, as we go through this, here's what I'm left wondering. We're all saying that Vic's deposition went poorly. But was it even possible for it go well? Like, he's presented a tweet that no reasonable person would take as a factual statement and asked if there's a factual statement there. He needs the answer to be yes. He says no. What else can he do? If he says that there is, he's blatantly lying. If he's silent, well, he loses anyway, because he's the one on the attack and needs to prove this in order to accomplish anything. Even if Vic's terrible at this, it's like torpedoing a ship made of swiss cheese.

In terms of damage to his lawsuit, the thing that seems most substantial to me is his admitting to the hair-pulling incident. But he's already admitted to other instances, so that isn't a wildly new development either. Before the lawsuit was even filed, you could point to his apology and say "substantial truth, sorry buddy".

What strikes me as even worse for him - in terms of the situation after the deposition being worse than before - is that despite this case supposedly being in defense of his reputation, Vic's taken a Legendary Super Shit all over it. He's taken his open secrets and made them simply open. He tried to build up a wholesome, clean image, and if it's true that he filed the lawsuit for the sake of that image, I'm afraid that you can't do that do that while also sharing your opinions on Xvideos' trending tags.
What other incident did he open up to?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
What other incident did he open up to?
And what's this about him being a public figure?

He admitted to hiring prostitutes in a time frame that was when he was with his previous fiance, trying to convince twin girls to have sex with each other, that he didn't think it was appropriate for him to kiss her hug underage girls even without parental supervision.

Edit hit post by accident :
And he is a voice actor who makes public appearances for money and gets paid for autographs, that makes him a public figure

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Screech leaked Monica' Depo last night.....and said this during the part where she was talking about her encounter with Vic in the hotel room..........

Mod Edit: Added Spoiler Tag. Content Warning for Description of Rape and Rape Apologism.

For starters I had no idea Vic raped Monica so Vic can now go fucking god damn fucking die. Secondly fuck this piece of shit for mocking her confession regarding this. No wonder why I barely touch this thread because it always enrages the shit out of me.

Nov 2, 2017
And what's this about him being a public figure?

The reason it's important is that there are two standards for defamation. Public figures have a higher bar because of their status.

If you were some nobody, you could sue for defamation because someone was spreading untrue information about you. But if you're a public figure, it has to go beyond not just being true and into the idea that the person spreading that info either knew the info they were spreading was false or they didn't even try to verify the truth of it.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
As I understand it...

Omfg

This sounds like a fucking mess

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
For starters I had no idea Vic raped Monica so Vic can now go fucking god damn fucking die. Secondly fuck this piece of shit for mocking her confession regarding this. No wonder why I barely touch this thread because it always enrages the shit out of me.
Yeah I don't blame you though I go back and forth between anger and just enjoying the legal mess by incompetent lawyers

Oct 25, 2017
No, Monica was talking about being raped as a teenager in her twitter post but Vic did sexually harass/assault there
I hate everything about this case. The fact that Vic's acting like some sort of victim when Monica and an ungodly amount of women had to muster up the courage to admit to being harassed by him and to admit to being raped in the past to give people a reference point on why women don't admit it and to show why they have authority to speak on such matters and then have a bunch of self entitled pieces of shit shout down their stories. When Amanda Winn Lee admitted it and then got a ton of Twitter abuse I really just wanted to leave the internet for a bit I just felt so bad for her and the abuse she had to endure that day.
Yeah I don't blame you though I go back and forth between anger and just enjoying the legal mess by incompetent lawyers
I don't even enjoy the legal mess because all of this is just a rage inducing shit show.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I hate everything about this case. The fact that Vic's acting like some sort of victim when Monica and an ungodly amount of women had to muster up the courage to admit to being harassed by him and to admit to being raped in the past to give people a reference point on why women don't admit it and to show why they have authority to speak on such matters and then have a bunch of self entitled pieces of shit shout down their stories. When Amanda Winn Lee admitted it and then got a ton of Twitter abuse I really just wanted to leave the internet for a bit I just felt so bad for her and the abuse she had to endure that day.

I don't even enjoy the legal mess because all of this is just a rage inducing shit show.
What did Amanda say?

Vennt

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, looks like the threadnought is teasing affidavits about that "School" question, Vic is going to have to sue his own Lolyers for Defamation if this keeps up.