• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Sooooo apparently Blackface Lawyer streamed the entirety of Vic's deposition, including redacted portions like this:

He was with his fiance longer than eight years, right? Truly a man of Christian faith.

This isn't just embarrassing. From the amended petition, end of page 9 and beginning of page 10:

Ronald continued carpet-bombing Vic on Twitter accusing him of "assaulting" Monica (February 21, 2019), of "cheat[ing] on his fiancé, assault[ing] ladies, [and] rob[bing] fans" and assaulting "way more people" than Monica (February 23, 2019), and of "forc[ing] himself on people in a sexual manner without consent and that resulted in assault" (April 7,​
2019).​

So Vic supported the veracity of the statements made against him here. Beyond that, his own fiancé probably won't support him if this is investigated further: https://io9.gizmodo.com/one-of-anime-s-biggest-voices-accused-of-sexual-harassm-1832390505

My 12-year relationship [and] engagement to Vic Mignogna ended in May 2018. Very soon after, information about Vic's previously unknown behavior began to surface, and has continued to do so over the last several months—each revelation more shocking and painful than the previous, spanning the entirety of our time together. I have had to face the reality that the loving, monogamous relationship I believed in and was devoted to never existed.​
This pattern of egregious behavior is so linked to his position of power that the voices of those stepping forward with allegations need to be heard clearly, and their claims taken with the utmost seriousness. And I extend whatever remains of my broken heart to every one of them.​

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Was there...anything else in Vic's deposition that could even remotely be construed as a positive for him? I don't understand why BFL would show this if it's all as bad as this clip lol

Mr. Zero

Apr 22, 2019
Was there...anything else in Vic's deposition that could even remotely be construed as a positive for him? I don't understand why BFL would show this if it's all as bad as this clip lol

It's because of his commentary. Also long he makes fun of the defendants lawyers, saying they screwed up etc, etc, Vic's fans will continue to believe it.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

As always, remember that they think outright bad things are wins for them, and that any extremely normal thing the defendants do is shocking.

still seeing people obsess over Ron's comments on his tweets during his deposition - and fussing over semantics regarding the hearing where Beard had to be told he already had the authentication for them - as if that is ever going to matter a single bit

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I....I got no words for this....

Well, it's been documented since this whole thing started and the amended petition just makes it more explicit that he's seeking a minimum of a million. So either he's lying or he genuinely isn't fully aware of the lawsuit that he's filing. I actually don't find either particularly hard to believe; he comes across as the typical megalomaniac, maybe he's just uninterested by situations where he doesn't get to have other people in his power.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's been documented since this whole thing started and the amended petition just makes it more explicit that he's seeking a minimum of a million. So either he's lying or he genuinely isn't fully aware of the lawsuit that he's filing. I actually don't find either particularly hard to believe; he comes across as the typical megalomaniac, maybe he's just uninterested by situations where he doesn't get to have other people in his power.
I legit wouldn't be surprised if Beard and Screech came up with the number and never asked him and he never asked them how much they were asking for.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I click on this thread it is like a madlibs of fuckery

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
So why did this Beard guy come to Vic's defense anyway?
moneyseized.jpg

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly Vic probably has 10x the stuff needed to win a malpractice suit against his "lawyers"

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
All I want is to be left alone and to be able to have my career and my work, and also to prevent other people from having exactly what I just said.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Watching these clips of the deposition and seeing the comments from the #IStandWithVic people is giving me whiplash.

ISWV: "Look at how genuine Vic is! He's on the verge of tears! Even if he's faking, it just shows what a talented actor he is!"
Vic: "Yeah, I hired some prostitutes when I was engaged. I've made some mistakes." *Grin*

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Watching these clips of the deposition and seeing the comments from the #IStandWithVic people is giving me whiplash.

ISWV: "Look at how genuine Vic is! He's on the verge of tears! Even if he's faking, it just shows what a talented actor he is!"
Vic: "Yeah, I hired some prostitutes when I was engaged. I've made some mistakes." *Grin*
Then entire MO of that type of group (and similar groups) is to always claim victory no matter what.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Vic: "Edward Elric can't be atheist because of my Christian beliefs, also all of my characters must be heterosexual even when they canonically are not"

Also Vic:

giphy.gif

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Vic had invited twins up to his hotel room for a threesome.

With the implication that they have sexual activity with each othera as well as him. Given his homophobia, it continues the fucking horrible idea that lesbian activity is for the excitement of the male viewer.

But noooo Vic wasnt suggesting that "Unless they consent."

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Vic is just coming across as cartoonishly diabolical at this point. Just what the hell is this guy? How much of a creep is he?
Also dare I ask, what is the incest context?
And did he lie about having discord?
So why did his lawyers release this?

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Vic is just coming across as cartoonishly diabolical at this point. Just what the hell is this guy? How much of a creep is he?
Also dare I ask, what is the incest context?
And did he lie about having discord?
So why did his lawyers release this?

1. He tried to get twin sisters to have a threesome with him and said he wouldn't have them do sexual things together "without consent"

2. He said he didn't know what Discord was "some internet thing"

3. They released it so they could tell the people the are scamming that he's totally winning and how amazingly alpha he is so they will give more money.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
the obsession with 'manliness'/'alphaness' really just goes to show how insecure and honestly dumb these chuds are. like basing your self worth on how much attention from women you get is always going to end up with 99% of dudes having some kind of inferiority complex.

Killer Tofu

Feb 18, 2019
I'm almost done watching Vic's deposition. Yeah Nick totally streamed this so he can tell his viewers how to think before they can formulate their own opinions. Whenever Vic looks bad Nick just changes the topic like making fun of the lawyer's voice for the billionth time or reads viewers' comments out loud. To anyone else watching or reading, Vic is just digging his own grave.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Sooooo apparently Blackface Lawyer streamed the entirety of Vic's deposition, including redacted portions like this:
That seems...
Illegal. Especially given it was agreed the public wouldn't actually see the video.

Are the redacted bits still legitimate for the court proceedings though? If so, Vic's fucked, he basically admitted the lawsuit wasn't really for damages but to get people to shut up and "leave [him] alone".

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
That seems...
Illegal. Especially given it was agreed the public wouldn't actually see the video.

Are the redacted bits still legitimate for the court proceedings though? If so, Vic's fucked, he basically admitted the lawsuit wasn't really for damages but to get people to shut up and "leave [him] alone".
Is that actually an issue? I don't have the expertise to know, but since punitive damages are being asked for, I would think that particular part of testimony wouldn't necessarily be inconsistent. He was never claiming that he wanted five million dollars solely because that was how much harm was caused to him.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Is that actually an issue? I don't have the expertise to know, but since punitive damages are being asked for, I would think that particular part of testimony wouldn't necessarily be inconsistent. He was never claiming that he wanted five million dollars solely because that was how much harm was caused to him.
I mean, I would imagine it is. But I myself am no lawyer. It sounds like something he really shouldn't have said if he wanted to avoid anti-SLAPP laws.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I would imagine it is. But I myself am no lawyer. It sounds like something he really shouldn't have said if he wanted to avoid anti-SLAPP laws.

My thinking is that if you were to pretend that that this case wasn't bullshit, Vic would want the intentional damage to his reputation to stop and would have had to make some effort already to have made that happen without taking to legal action. The end results would still be meant to discourage the defamation from happening. You might still read the statement he made generously enough to view that as the intention, rather than as an admission that it's a SLAPP, where the legal threat and costs themselves are being weaponized.

Mind you, this is all nitpicky devil's advocatey stuff. That little bit isn't going to make or break him on the anti-SLAPP when there's a zillion other reasons to throw this case out - like, him admitting to some of the supposedly defamatory statements in this same deposition itself.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Man, it's going to be so sweet when Vic loses. I'm gonna enjoy watching the goalposts shift into another timezone from the Vic stans.