• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
QplUBQa.png
ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Perhaps someone should contact them?

They are literally sponsoring someone who is suing them LOL

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
I figured out a long time ago... the reason why some horrible people don't jump for incredibly easy and obvious opportunities to prove their innocence is because... brace yourself for it... they're guilty as sin. They can't see the innocent path ahead of them because they're not on the innocent path. That's why you (as an innocent observer) can facepalm so hard when you see someone miss something so obvious. Because it's painfully obvious to you (innocent), while it's not at all obvious to them (guilty).

This is kind of profound, actually.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
"Vic's fans love him and have their very own dedicated fan club called the Risembool Rangers."

good copy

Oct 26, 2017
Huh, it's weird that Vic's side keeps attracting people associated with a website that was literally formed to harass an autistic person. I wonder why that keeps happening?
The biggest irony here is that place claims they only make fun of people who make fools of themselves online, so shouldn't they really be targeting Vic?

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
The biggest irony here is that place claims they only make fun of people who make fools of themselves online, so shouldn't they really be targeting Vic?
If it's between sexual harassment accusations and SJWs, they'll always lean towards the former. Kiwifarms is pretty good at uncovering people's personal information but generally cares more about entertainment and schadenfreude than about accuracy. If Vic's creepiness was well known enough without the twitter call outs they'd probably have a thread on him at some point.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
What if it's used in colleges and law courses on libel lawsuits, but only because it's really funny?

I mean, he is supposedly making history here.

it's just, y'know, the "crowdfunding to legally attack those who are rightfully accusing me of sexual harassment/assault" thing, not because he has any chance of winning

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, he is supposedly making history here.

it's just, y'know, the "crowdfunding to legally attack those who are rightfully accusing me of sexual harassment/assault" thing, not because he has any chance of winning
"If you are this dumb as a lawyer, please don't put our law school's name on your resume."

I honestly wonder how they passed the bar in the first place.

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019
I gotta say, so far my favorite narrative is "This will go down as a monumental lawsuit, it will be used in colleges and law courses on libel lawsuits"

This literally will never escape the realm of the internet, Vic will never get his job or reputation back, Funimation will continue to grow, Monica, Jamie and Ron will continue to have work in the industry and Nick will probably get wet brain or liver failure, whichever comes first.

Everyone but Vic will still have their jobs by the end of this

I remember reading some garbage like that, but can't recall where.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Yeah, putting aside the absurdity of TSSZNews' comparison to Ken Penders earlier, that probably is the best-case scenario for Vic, and it's still not good for him.

Best case scenario for Vic at this point is that he gets away without paying for lawyer fees. There is a very good chance he'll be on the hook for the defense costs.

Oct 28, 2017
"If you are this dumb as a lawyer, please don't put our law school's name on your resume."

I honestly wonder how they passed the bar in the first place.

I suspect it's like a lot of people in these situations.

They probably actually felt sympathetic to Vic's situation and thought they might be able to muddy the waters, add something to their resume and gain a lot of (financial) support the sort of MRA/incel crowd that this trial is attracting.

They got into a situation where they can't pull out without losing their gravy train but probably also know that they're totally screwed and screwed over Vic with poor advice.

They went in hard based on gut feelings and a desire for their political beliefs to be proven right. They got in so deep that there's really no way to go but to dig down and hope you strike gold. This is basically the story of Fargo, where people hatch up some get rich plot but completely lose control of the situation and do nothing but make the situation worse.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Reading Vic's comments in his deposition made me want to go wash my hands. He's such a gross person. He shouldn't be allowed near minors ever again.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
They got into a situation where they can't pull out without losing their gravy train but probably also know that they're totally screwed and screwed over Vic with poor advice.
Seriously, the moment in the deposition where Beard was like, "Wait, Fuhrer? Like Hitler?" had to have been a moment where Beard realized he'd fucked up.

CesspoolofHatred

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So apparently Blackface Lawyer has been livestreaming the depositions - he's going to go through the second part of Ron Toye's tonight, then Monica's at some point in the future, and then Vic's

Do we have a brave soul here who'd be willing to make a supercut of them sans Nick's slurred screeching commentary?

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently Blackface Lawyer has been livestreaming the depositions - he's going to go through the second part of Ron Toye's tonight, then Monica's at some point in the future, and then Vic's

Do we have a brave soul here who'd be willing to make a supercut of them sans Nick's slurred screeching commentary?
They have to know that leaking this shit is going to come back to bite them in the ass right?

And of course he's gonna save Vic's for last, I expect it to be heavily edited too.

CesspoolofHatred

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They have to know that leaking this shit is going to come back to bite them in the ass right?

And of course he's gonna save Vic's for last, I expect it to be heavily edited too.

Oh, it will most definitely bite them in the ass. Beard's not really gonna have much more plausible deniability that he isn't the one leaking all this to Nicky.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

idk, you are talking about someone who a few hours after vic's deposition was publicly available tweeted about how kick vicers made fun of him and yelled about how he was sharing private files and yet shane leaks the whole thing and no one seems to have an issue with it.

I'm not really sure they know anything besides the more he whines about stuff the more the go fund me gets.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It's all about that grift now. Screech and Percy have to keep the ALT-Right and anti-SJWs going until with there donations until they are acuallly Slapped down.

After that they will all talk about how the Sjws have won and you need to give them more money so that they can continue defeating the LIBS.

Vic will continue on getting certain con appearances here and there. But never a very big voice acting role again except for those people who don't care about what has done.

In the end the only thing that will come up this, is that some lawyers will in Texas will learn about this LOLsuit as a cautionary tale.

How the fuck is the Digital Homicide suit against Jim Fuckin Sterling Son better put together than this suit?

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
?

Why would he ? He's from a rich family, has money on the side, isn't spending much of anything on this dumb lawsuit. Nobody is suing HIM.
If he loses he will have to pay for the defendants' lawyers' fees. Probably won't bankrupt him (and he can always do another GoFundMe, considering how many gullible idiots are in this world).

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of the current gofundme is already enough to cover all of it though.
Assuming it hasn't been spent on other stuff. Like "witness consultant's" fees & such. And wasn't there some rumor that Beard & co had some absurd wages. Like, they had already cost Vic something like 200 000$ pretty early on.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of the current gofundme is already enough to cover all of it though.
I think the common belief is that Vic's lawyers are grifting and overcharging him, using a lot of that money. Also Funi recently added some high profile consultants that are probably pretty pricey. I'd genuinely be surprised if the Gofundme covers all of it.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
So Vic lied about the funds going to charity, correct?
God, how much of a scumbag is this guy? He seems cartoonishly diabolical at this point honestly

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
So Vic lied about the funds going to charity, correct?
God, how much of a scumbag is this guy? He seems cartoonishly diabolical at this point honestly
The funds were always for his legal fees. He's only lying about that if at the end there is left over money and it doesn't get donated.
And even then, that's more on blackfacelawyer, because according to Vic's deposition he started the gofundme without Vic's permission, before even informing Vic about it and long before Vic had even thought about suing anyone.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
There's deceit involved in the GoFundMe, it's just not entirely clear what it is. What we know for sure is:

- The funds were supposed to be for Vic's legal defense. No one sued Vic, so he has no legal defense to speak of.

I suppose you could argue that that much is semantics. But with the deposition, it's thrown thing into question. We're now left unsure if:

- If the money has gone to Vic at all
- If the money has gone to Vic's attorneys
- If Vic's attorneys are receiving any payment at all
- How aware Vic was of the GoFundMe
- If the remainder of the money went to charity

So definitive statements probably shouldn't be made here.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
The funds were always for his legal fees. He's only lying about that if at the end there is left over money and it doesn't get donated.
And even then, that's more on blackfacelawyer, because according to Vic's deposition he started the gofundme without Vic's permission, before even informing Vic about it and long before Vic had even thought about suing anyone.
Well, the GFM was for his DEFENSE. Now it's being used to sue people. So that's a lie from the start that should have even brought this GFM down ages ago.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Sorry, letting my feelings get in the way, just really want this guy to crash and burn along with Blackface lawyer

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Also, remember, guys: Vic said in his depo that he hasn't paid any legal fees yet. So who knows what that $200k is going to. I wouldn't be surprised if the grifters blew it all already.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I wouldn't be surprised it Percy and Screech told him "To even file for the lawsuit its going to be 200k."

Erik Zarkov

Dec 4, 2017
Basically if the Anti-SLAPP goes through, Vic is on the hook for the costs of the defense team's lawyers. Now each defendant has their own Anti-SLAPP to file and it's possible that one might go through and others don't. However, given Twitter Lawyer has seen of Vic's deposition, they're pretty much convinced the case is going to get tossed. Assuming that happens, he's going to hit with the fees for the defense teams. But we've still got until July 19th for the other Anti-SLAPPs to be filed, and then wait till the ruling in September.

As for what funds are in the GFM, just have to wait and see how much Percy has drained from it. Even then, given that Vic's come out saying he's got no clue what's going on with the GFM, we have no idea what will be left over when they're done.

Stryk3r

May 8, 2019
This is just one of those things you absolutely need a really good legal team for, going off what we can see publicly and not redacted it's obvious that Beard didn't do anything help him prep for this, my assumption is that so it could sound more organic but god damn, this just proves that

A. Vic knew it was creepy
B. He's extremely ignorant about what goes on around him

He went in with his head up his ass and it showed, I haven't read the other depos and only have Vic stans to go off so I'll withhold opinion on the others until I read them.

But the lights turned off and they pulled the shirt over Vic's head and let him swing wildly in this fight, the figure he's suing for is extremely unrealistic, I find it really hard to believe he's ever made $1million in a year off VA work and con appearances, this is just all so terribly put together, his ego will be his ultimate downfall.

Killer Tofu

Feb 18, 2019
Well looks like Liberty City Anime isn't having Vic after all. It's funny, they did not announce him at all but slipped him into the schedule and guest page quietly. After only a day or two, they removed him from the website and posted this on their Facebook. Sounds like they really wanna sweep this under the rug as discretely as they made Vic a guest. Maybe enough people or Funimation themselves said something. Either way I'm relieved.

I've also recently learned the con is run by Ryan Kopf, another creep. I think it's safe to say any convention that still invites Vic has their own skeletons.