• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
That's not even the worst part of the the two tweets.

"So she had this horrible experience, then a second situation, she agreed to come to my room briefly. INow I wonder why she would do that?"

Does that read as a subtle "she was asking for it" to anyone else?

I definitely think it can be read that way, and it's certainly not subtle if that's the case. I think it speaks to a different more disturbing idea though, if that's even possible, and that's that he genuinely does not understand (or is pretending not to understand) how power differentials and dynamics work when it comes to coercion and how people can agree to something even if they don't want to do it.

Edit: Just saw some of the latest updates, somehow it gets more and more creepy and uncomfortable each time.

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Vic stans just realized they got played, crash and burn idiots
They will NEVER realize this unless there's 100% clear video of him assaulting someone.

And even then there will be stans, look at people who have been caught. Remember Ian Watkins from Lost Prophets? He was jailed for a whole host of disgusting things and there are still fans online who support him and deny the reality of it.

And even minus that core of super deluded fans, the main brunt of the support force will just slowly skulk off and never admit Vic lost anything.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
What percentage of them do you think believe he's innocent vs the percentage who just enjoy attacking women and enjoying anime more than being a good person?
I actually do think a lot of them are "innocent until proven guilty" kids who don't really get this yet. I wasn't quite that far gone, but I was closer to it in my early 20s and knew a lot of people like that. Not making excuses for them, they should be looking into this a lot more and listening to the victims, but I've tried debating with quite a few of the more reasonable voices and they just keep repeating the fact there is "no clear evidence, so we cannot burn a man's career".

Of course, the loudest voices shouting his defense are almost certainly just those kinds of outright shitbags.

Redmond Barry

Nov 24, 2017
They will NEVER realize this unless there's 100% clear video of him assaulting someone.

And even then there will be stans, look at people who have been caught. Remember Ian Watkins from Lost Prophets? He was jailed for a whole host of disgusting things and there are still fans online who support him and deny the reality of it.

And even minus that core of super deluded fans, the main brunt of the support force will just slowly skulk off and never admit Vic lost anything.

In this day and age, they could also pull a "That's clearly a deepfake!" card should such a video ever surface.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
In this day and age, they could also pull a "That's clearly a deepfake!" card should such a video ever surface.

We already had photo proof from the one woman who said she knew Mignogna from her high school and it was littered with the Vic defense force going "Pfft, that's obviously Photoshopped! His head clearly doesn't match the light source! Trust me, I'm an objective expert!"

It's people either too dense to ever be convinced or people pretending to be dense to push a narrative. And that difference really don't matter no more.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
This was just an ill conceived lawsuit from the start and I can't imagine a lawyer who wouldn't have warned Vic against going forward with it.

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
We already had photo proof from the one woman who said she knew Mignogna from her high school and it was littered with the Vic defense force going "Pfft, that's obviously Photoshopped! His head clearly doesn't match the light source! Trust me, I'm an objective expert!"

It's people either too dense to ever be convinced or people pretending to be dense to push a narrative. And that difference really don't matter no more.
Yeh, that entire situation really brought to light how invested many of the stans are in their dellusions.

Stryk3r

May 8, 2019
I gotta say, so far my favorite narrative is "This will go down as a monumental lawsuit, it will be used in colleges and law courses on libel lawsuits"

This literally will never escape the realm of the internet, Vic will never get his job or reputation back, Funimation will continue to grow, Monica, Jamie and Ron will continue to have work in the industry and Nick will probably get wet brain or liver failure, whichever comes first.

Everyone but Vic will still have their jobs by the end of this

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say, so far my favorite narrative is "This will go down as a monumental lawsuit, it will be used in colleges and law courses on libel lawsuits"

This literally will never escape the realm of the internet, Vic will never get his job or reputation back, Funimation will continue to grow, Monica, Jamie and Ron will continue to have work in the industry and Nick will probably get wet brain or liver failure, whichever comes first.

hell even if Vic somehow struck a 'miracle' and won the lawsuit he still would never get work in the industry again, nobody wants to work with someone who sues you just because you don't want to work with them

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
hell even if Vic somehow struck a 'miracle' and won the lawsuit he still would never get work in the industry again, nobody wants to work with someone who sues you just because you don't want to work with them

Even if Vic won, he'd still have to prove monetary damage to his reputation.

With all the shit out there about him, even if Vic proves he was legally defamed, the trier of fact may find that his reputation was so shot even before this all happened that he gets no money or nominal damages if Texas allows it (we're talking like $1).

And there is no requirement that any voice acting firm should hire him back too

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, it's weird that Vic's side keeps attracting people associated with a website that was literally formed to harass an autistic person. I wonder why that keeps happening?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
"I find him to be an incredibly brilliant tactician. He's a war history buff with what I believe to be an eidetic memory for detail regarding strategy."

*Camera switches to Ty looking up the dictionary definition for "shit", the actors on stage are forced to wait several minutes for the laughter to die down*

I assume by being a war history buff, she means he's got a gigantic confederate flag on the back of his car.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
"I find him to be an incredibly brilliant tactician. He's a war history buff with what I believe to be an eidetic memory for detail regarding strategy."

*Camera switches to Ty looking up the dictionary definition for "shit", the actors on stage are forced to wait several minutes for the laughter to die down*

I assume by being a war history buff, she means he's got a gigantic confederate flag on the back of his car.
Where is that quote from? It's gloriously absurd...

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

What if it's used in colleges and law courses on libel lawsuits, but only because it's really funny?

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
This lawsuit is so pathetic and Vic's supporters are so monumentally dumb that I keep thinking "hold on, they can't be that stupid, can they? Like, am I just in a bubble and getting a skewed perspective of this whole thing?" and then I take a look at what they're saying and no, they really are that fucking stupid.

They've got me doubting reality it's such a shambles, that's how bad it's gotten.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
This lawsuit is so pathetic and Vic's supporters are so monumentally dumb that I keep thinking "hold on, they can't be that stupid, can they? Like, am I just in a bubble and getting a skewed perspective of this whole thing?" and then I take a look at what they're saying and no, they really are that fucking stupid.

They've got me doubting reality it's such a shambles, that's how bad it's gotten.

Vic is going to have to pay damages to Funimation and his victims and his stans will be like "HE HAS THEM RIGHT WHERE HE WANTS THEM!"

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm shocked Greg Doucette is still doing the threadnaughts. I feel like others might have gone insane from the amount of idiotic responses they must be getting on a daily basis.

I really hope this is resolved soon so all of the Vic supporters can go cry in the corner.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yeah Percy has been bragging about his "Amazons" since this all started. They are supposedly women lawyers at his firm that can intimidate any Witness.

I like how none of them were at the deposition, instead it's one he picked up from online

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
Bold of you all to think his admission of kissing on children will harm his defense. He's obviously playing 4D chess. You simply cannot comprehend the strategy he is unfolding before you.

Nov 3, 2017
Man I'm shocked Greg Doucette is still doing the threadnaughts. I feel like others might have gone insane from the amount of idiotic responses they must be getting on a daily basis.

I really hope this is resolved soon so all of the Vic supporters can go cry in the corner.

He seems pretty aware that his continued antagonisation of Vic stans focuses their energy and attention on him, rather than women who report sexual assault. I think that's one of the main reasons he's continued this for so long

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Yeah, putting aside the absurdity of TSSZNews' comparison to Ken Penders earlier, that probably is the best-case scenario for Vic, and it's still not good for him. Penders has become a laughing stock of the industry, won't get work from anyone (because they know what he'll try and do when he inevitably quits or is let go!) all so he could own "his" characters which he's done fuck-all with, especially since he can't really use them the way he wanted to (i.e. in explicit connection to the Sonic universe and canon, because Sega still owns those).

Luckily Funimation - and more accurately, Sony - is way more competent than Archie Comics, so he won't even get that.

Dude even got fired from playing Bubsy. What a sad lowlight of a career.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Uh yeah.... maybe this isn't the place but I found someone who STILL has a JewWario hat on their Twitter profile.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
The Hyundai logo got me, lol

TkYBChB.jpg

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I got a new car from a Hyundai dealer(though it isn't a Hyundai) coincidence?