• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Pathetic.

Are the guys on the stage from Rooster Teeth? I saw something about some asshole throwing shit at them during a panel, so just wondered if that's the same event.

Rooster Teeth had fans submit questions to be vetted in advance. It was the first time they did that so people assume it was to not let Vic stans hijack RT's own con as a platform. Seems like it was a good approach since I know lots of people who were at RTX and they didn't see anything from Vic people the whole weekend.

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
This is all just BSing from me, but I imagine many of them will jump ship when Vic doesn't win. It's far more likely that they would stick on supporting the lawyers (paradoxically, as they would be the ones who lost the case) than they would him, he's just a lightning rod for them to project their shitty regressive agenda on right now. I'm sure he will always have his fans that maintain his innocence and that he was set up, despite all the- you know- evidence. The majority will move on to something else as he fades into obscurity. Cult of personality is not sustainable forever, especially when no one is able to hear your message anymore because your platform got knocked out from under you.

This is all just presuming he isn't countersued into oblivion which I don't know enough about the legal situation to know whether or not any of the parties involved would do that, but him losing on that would certainly drive all but the most delusional away.

Let's be honest. Nobody gives a damn about Vic anymore. At least not on the big spectrum of kv/iswv/kf. The focus has shifted to the grifting lawyers, the doxxing, the youtubers, all the people attacking each other and the real lawyers who just shake their heads at this stupidity.

Btw. Do Nick and Ty get paid from conventions when they go there? Do they sell stuff themselves? Does Vic pay Ty to go there as part of the lawyer fees?
Right now it feels to me like Ty is milking a naive idiot (Vic) dry while Nick parades him around to get more money from the idiots watching him.

Vic is just the stupid, dancing monkey bringing Nick the Petty-cash while Ty steals it out of the bystanders pockets.

sPHEmy1.jpg

Stryk3r

May 8, 2019
Let's be honest. Nobody gives a damn about Vic anymore. At least not on the big spectrum of kv/iswv/kf. The focus has shifted to the grifting lawyers, the doxxing, the youtubers, all the people attacking each other and the real lawyers who just shake their heads at this stupidity.

Btw. Do Nick and Ty get paid from conventions when they go there? Do they sell stuff themselves? Does Vic pay Ty to go there as part of the lawyer fees?
Right now it feels to me like Ty is milking a naive idiot (Vic) dry while Nick parades him around to get more money from the idiots watching him.

Vic is just the stupid, dancing monkey bringing Nick the Petty-cash while Ty steals it out of the bystanders pockets.

sPHEmy1.jpg

I imagine Vic is paying a retainer to keep Ty around him at these public events for insurance reasons. The only monetary gain I can see them getting is from publicity increasing their donations but I'm positive Nick and the gang fly on their own "dime".

Can't speak on merch but I'm sure Nick probably sells his own, i don't think they're actual guests of honor, sure there's a screening process but pretty much anybody can hold a panel or a booth at a con if they shell out the money.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Now wait a goddamn minute, if he's not incurring legal fees, where is that money raised going?
Yeah, wtf? So did they lie about needing more funds to sue when they raised the cap on the GFM? Vic stans should be pissed about this, we tried to warn them that these dudes were grifters.

Seeing this dude get dunked on will always put a smile on my face.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Destroying evidence, oh boy that's definitely what an innocent person does. :/ tell me when we got a defense force for it and whatever fucking line they spew to say it was fine.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I think some people are misreading what Greg has revealed. Percy AKA Ty beard is being paid because he is Vic's lawyer. Screech AKA blackface lawyer AKA Rekieta is not being paid as he is not Vic's lawyer

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
But wait! There's more!

These are done under oath right?
If so
6FbDI4N.png

(which is in regards to whether he had a hand in the GFM)

vs the original tweet should be a slam dunk for perjury

There is no way to argue that a tweet blessing his GFM is not blessing his GFM o.O
(watch, his lawyer told him to not confirm any of that because he thinks tweets can't be used in the courtroom because twitter lawyer has said repeatedly that they are almost never valid evidence.... for defamation cases)

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
So Vic basically just washed his hands of the entire GFM situation and said he doesn't care if his fans are being taken advantage of in his name...
yes, while under oath, and directly contradicting things we know he has said/posted in the past.
So he is not only saying he doesn't care about his fans, he is committing a crime in the process lol.
(granted even if they followed through I can't imagine he would get more than just a fine for it, but still)

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
But wait! There's more!

Every damn day I come in here and I'm amazed at what I read.
I think some people are misreading what Greg has revealed. Percy AKA Ty beard is being paid because he is Vic's lawyer. Screech AKA blackface lawyer AKA Rekieta is not being paid as he is not Vic's lawyer
It says plaintiff isn't incurring legal fees period. It doesn't say specifically to someone. Unless I'm wrong plaintiff is Vic, correct?

Deleted member 25712

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
These are done under oath right?
If so
6FbDI4N.png

(which is in regards to whether he had a hand in the GFM)

vs the original tweet should be a slam dunk for perjury

Not if he's just contradicting himself from when he wasn't under oath. The original tweet could've been the lie. I really want Rakieta deposed now after watching this Doucette guy dunk on him constantly.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
See, this has been a key thing for me this entire time.

As far as I know, Vic's never like... actually tried to rile these fools up in support, at least not actively on Twitter or anything? He mighta said stuff at cons, I guess, but in general it feels like he's not done that himself. He's just been happy to let Nick and Beard do it for him, but as a result all the "support" he's gained is on an entirely imagined basis.

I'm sure they'll instinctively spin this into just being smart or something, but it'll be interesting to see how people react overall. Not like most actually care about Vic to begin with, but they've told themselves they do, so...

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Not if he's just contradicting himself from when he wasn't under oath. The original tweet could've been the lie. I really want Rakieta deposed now after watching this Doucette guy dunk on him constantly.
Whether the original tweet was a lie or not (aka things went down the way he said under oath), it was still a public blessing of the GFM.
Which means that he at some point blessed the GFM even if he didn't want to.
Which means him saying he never blessed it is in fact a lie.

edit:
though greg is with you :P

Last edited:

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As far as I know, Vic's never like... actually tried to rile these fools up in support, at least not actively on Twitter or anything? He mighta said stuff at cons, I guess, but in general it feels like he's not done that himself. He's just been happy to let Nick and Beard do it for him, but as a result all the "support" he's gained is on an entirely imagined basis.
He did, pretty sure in his discord server he expressly asked his fans to go out there and defend him.

edit:
DxpsXnOVYAEBjQB.jpg:large

Dxpsu9dUUAAy4_-.jpg:large

Last edited:

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
There are already people trying to spin this as Screech, Percy and Vic not getting wrecked, lmao.
"You don't know anything about law!" or variations of that are what they are saying.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to FL Supercon tomorrow, and I really hope I don't run into any of these crazies, in addition to the pot smokers and Nazi cosplayers (they might've been doing it "ironically" but it's still something I'd rather not encounter).

Are there any good videos that catalog this sordid story up to the current point?
Does "pot smoker" mean something else here?

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Allegedly, as per Vic's words, the Salvation Army. But I'd bet good money it's going right to Rekieta's pockets.
About that... read the footnote in the first pic of this tweet:

See Mignogna Depo. Ex. 17. Apparently Vic did not select the Salvation Army as the recipient of any unspent SLAPP funds, nor has he ever donated to this certainly worthy cause. See Mignogna Depo. at pp. 57-58. Presumably, Rekieta, recognizing the distasteful nature of the GFM War Chest, sought to create this disingenuous cover for the use of the money.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Every damn day I come in here and I'm amazed at what I read.

It says plaintiff isn't incurring legal fees period. It doesn't say specifically to someone. Unless I'm wrong plaintiff is Vic, correct?

Your right. I misread. Thank you for correcting me. I assumed all the bullet points were towards Screech.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
All these people putting money at his feet to defend him, and he couldn't care less about any of them.

Amazing.
Vic has never cared about these online armies of angry white men that have proffered their support in his name so they could have a new anti-woman outrage flag to rally around. The only fans Vic has ever cared about are the young fangirls that largely comprised the Risembool Rangers that he could groom and occasionally molest.

Frankly, I've always considered this to be a mutual understanding situation. Hence I doubt this revelation will upset his more outspoken supporters.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
He did, pretty sure in his discord server he expressly asked his fans to go out there and defend him.

edit:
DxpsXnOVYAEBjQB.jpg:large

Dxpsu9dUUAAy4_-.jpg:large

These are just the Resembool Rangers though, no?

I'm talking about the people who watch Nick, who came into this from Comicsgate, etc. Who are getting worked up over this despite barely having any connection to Vic the entire time, because he hasn't really been actually trying to pander to them outside of possibly conventions. Not the existing young women in his fanclub.

Point wasn't to absolve Vic of anything, to be clear. It's that their actual attachment is really to Nick/Beard, cause they're the people who are actually directly involved with spinning all this up on a day to day basis, and now they're gonna have to deal with that some way or another.

EDIT: Good timing on the post above, haha. That's basically my feeling too- they didn't actually care about him, so it's not like it'll change much. But it's maybe gonna make it more awkward for them when it's even more obvious that they're just in it for those reasons, and blindly following Nick.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
That's fair. His defense force doesn't actually give a damn about him either, they're just in it to try and hurt women.
True, this isn't going to affect people like TUG or Yellowflash or those that followed them into it. Hopefully it wakes up whatever is left of the Rangers into realizing that he doesn't give a shit about them though.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
These are just the Resembool Rangers though, no?

I'm talking about the people who watch Nick, who came into this from Comicsgate, etc. Who are getting worked up over this despite barely having any connection to Vic the entire time, because he hasn't really been actually trying to pander to them outside of possibly conventions. Not the existing young women in his fanclub.

Point wasn't to absolve Vic of anything, to be clear. It's that their actual attachment is really to Nick/Beard, cause they're the people who are actually directly involved with spinning all this up on a day to day basis, and now they're gonna have to deal with that some way or another.
The thing is is that Rekieta claims he is very close friends with Vic, that's where the attachment comes from. So when he asks people to go out there and defend Vic, his base identifies that this is a message that comes from or is approved by Vic.

And of course Vic himself never really countered that idea, in fact he did the total opposite by being chummy with Screech on his current public appearances.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
So they've raised over $200k but Vic hasn't paid any legal fees.

That shit ain't going to the Salvation Army.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is is that Rekieta claims he is very close friends with Vic, that's where the attachment comes from. So when he asks people to go out there and defend Vic, his base identifies that this is a message that comes from or is approved by Vic.

And of course Vic himself never really countered that idea, in fact he did the total opposite by being chummy with Screech on his current public appearances.

Right.

And now we have Vic's deposition claiming otherwise- which I'd say is pretty obviously the truth. So you have this situation where there's now awkwardly nothing really tying them together, and nothing from Vic to really encourage this audience himself. It's not gonna stop them, but it does hurt the ease with which they can frame it certain ways.

This is what I was getting at the other day when I talked about Vic not really being able to ride this into still having a career. Cause he didn't really try to pander, just was happy to let others do it in his name, he can't benefit from it as much long term.

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
Obviously, my favorite part is where they say exactly what their intentions are for raising the funds, which is actually to sue me and ensure that a lean gets put on the Volkswagen that I don't drive and have never driven.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously, my favorite part is where they say exactly what their intentions are for raising the funds, which is actually to sue me and ensure that a lean gets put on the Volkswagen that I don't drive and have never driven.

Ummmmmm I assume PissFlash isn't a lawyer because that's not how any of this works.