• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many followers Greg has gained since he started talking about this, lol.

Well deserved. This should be getting mainstream spotlight because this shit is NOT OKAY and the con industry harbored this guy for years.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many followers Greg has gained since he started talking about this, lol.

Well deserved. This should be getting mainstream spotlight because this shit is NOT OKAY and the con industry harbored this guy for years.
he started at like 29.6k
he got up to 30.2k at the highest I saw it
and last I saw he was at 30.1k.

I'm sure there is some tracker that would give you better numbers than my memory though :P

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
You've missed some threads. Riot works to make interesting characters in their games but their upper management and company culture is rumored (based on verified anonymous employees) to be awful. Everything from casual sexism asking female applicants if they actually play games to claims of sexual harrassment and assault.

Not to defend any of the abhorrent stuff, but it is important to keep in mind that there is also an effort being made to change Riot from within; the management is horrible which in turn harms the culture, but there's still good people working there overall. So it's not totally surprising that he'd be dropped by them over this. (Though of course, it could also partially be trying to not take a hit to their image.)

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm actually glad that the con bullshit is being dragged into the light because of Vic. Obviously its not a cure-all but the attention has been long and hard on how a lot of these shows were run for decades. If nothing else hopefully its enough to at least make some changes for the future.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
It's nice, though, that these people are consistently getting booed by the crowd whenever they pull this shit.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to FL Supercon tomorrow, and I really hope I don't run into any of these crazies, in addition to the pot smokers and Nazi cosplayers (they might've been doing it "ironically" but it's still something I'd rather not encounter).

Are there any good videos that catalog this sordid story up to the current point?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to FL Supercon tomorrow, and I really hope I don't run into any of these crazies, in addition to the pot smokers and Nazi cosplayers (they might've been doing it "ironically" but it's still something I'd rather not encounter).

Are there any good videos that catalog this sordid story up to the current point?
Videos I can't help you with, but if you're willing to read it, the TCPA filing is probably the most comprehensive summary at this point. Don't be intimidated by the page number - most of it consists of supporting evidence, images of tweets and such.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017

As far as I know, and people can correct me if I'm wrong, the timeline is something like:
  • A decade plus of Vic's shitty behavior comes to a head when he's MeToo'd during the theatrical release of Dragon Ball Super: Broly movie.
  • #KickVic campaign is started to, well, kick Vic from the VA industry and conventions because of his shitty behavior.
  • Rival campaign #StandWithVic also begins, the banner that all Vic's supporters gather under.
  • Vic issues a half hearted apology, mostly deflecting criticism.
  • Conventions begin dropping Vic from attending, Funimation and Rooster Teeth drop Vic as well.
  • Around this time, Black Face Lawyer starts to get involved in covering Vic.
  • io9 publishes an article about Vic's sexual assault of Monica Rial, as well as other voice actresses. Vic corroborates the story, but claims it wasn't assault.
  • Black Face Lawyer runs a GoFundMe for the legal fees to give to Vic. Vic brings on Beard as his attorney, on BFL's recommendation.
  • Vic and Beard bring the lawsuit against Monica and Funimation.
  • Greg Doucette, an unrelated third party in all of this, finds about Vic's lawsuit and begins the Threadnought.
I think that's pretty much everything. I was writing that all from memory, so I may have missed some things or have some of the details wrong.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of the threadnought, the header image seems to rotate regularly.

Otp7HX1.jpg

Mr. Zero

Apr 22, 2019
I think this is my favorite part.

What makes it even better that there is a high possibility that VA companies are probably monitoring this whole thing. Who is gonna wanna hire a guy with a fan base of lunatics? And that's not even considering all the other crap involving Vic. This lawsuit will be the final nail in the coffin.

Nov 3, 2017
This lawsuit will be the final nail in the coffin.

I wish I shared that optimism. Vic will almost certainly be able to build a career as an outrage merchant, specifically marketed as the incel crowd in the anime fandom

Black Face Lawyer will almost certainly pivot to other anti feminist cases, especially if they are happening in the nerd community. His subscriber base grew exponentially since he started covering Vic. Nerd fandom is a seemingly endless source of directionless men angry at women, and I can't imagine him ever letting go of that dumb goldmine

Killer Tofu

Feb 18, 2019
so I gotta ask. How do we know for sure Chelsea Beard is Vic's girlfriend? I don't see anything about the couple in either of their social media. Only the text Todd made about Vic's gf having a 30 year age difference. I don't doubt anyone just curious how that came to be common knowledge.

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019
I wish I shared that optimism. Vic will almost certainly be able to build a career as an outrage merchant, specifically marketed as the incel crowd in the anime fandom

Black Face Lawyer will almost certainly pivot to other anti feminist cases, especially if they are happening in the nerd community. His subscriber base grew exponentially since he started covering Vic. Nerd fandom is a seemingly endless source of directionless men angry at women, and I can't imagine him ever letting go of that dumb goldmine

Tragically I agree. The nerd community is not known for its open mindedness or introspectiveness.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

I'm not so sure about that.

Vic's whole deal is that he's an actor, mainly a voice actor. He's not necessarily a content creator by himself, and given his whole "wholesome Christian" thing I don't know if he'd go as far as working directly on anyone's altright/Comicsgate/whatever shit himself even if his new audience would theoretically eat it up. That's assuming they'll even stick with him to that degree when there's no active case to riot over, either; he may be saying stuff at con panels, but he's certainly not as much of a "character" in this compared to Nick or even Beard, right? Don't really know if he's up for selling outrage himself.

Plus... for better or worse, it sounds like his family's wealthy? I could see him doing the projects he can get here and there, but largely just kinda fading out. And the Rangers will hopefully largely age out of it, with no new big roles to really sustain them with new younger members.

Meanwhile... unfortunately Nick's more likely to get away with the audience boost and move on to whining about whatever gets big next, yeah. Unless this really blows up in his face, and sadly given the way these fools talk I'm sure they'll spin even the worst results as totally in line with whatever he's said, he's probably not going anywhere. Probably depends more on how long it takes to find the that next big thing and/or how long he can drag the results of this out, but even if they're not watching him nightly I guess they could come back later. Probably not the last we'll have to hear about him inserting himself into some shit.

really, the hope might be that things go so poorly that Nick and Beard turn on each other and sides have to be picked and that whole mess gets torn apart from the inside, but that's also too much to hope for

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
so I gotta ask. How do we know for sure Chelsea Beard is Vic's girlfriend? I don't see anything about the couple in either of their social media. Only the text Todd made about Vic's gf having a 30 year age difference. I don't doubt anyone just curious how that came to be common knowledge.
I had heard it several months back. At this point, I can only imagine that her name has come up in that filing because they were apparently basing it off of Vic's deposition. If she is his girlfriend (and I'm pretty confident that she is) then his deposition and whatever is coming next is going to reflect that. I suppose anybody with any suspicions or hesitations one way or the other will know for certain eventually as it slowly comes out through court.

Killer Tofu

Feb 18, 2019
I had heard it several months back. At this point, I can only imagine that her name has come up in that filing because they were apparently basing it off of Vic's deposition. If she is his girlfriend (and I'm pretty confident that she is) then his deposition and whatever is coming next is going to reflect that. I suppose anybody with any suspicions or hesitations one way or the other will know for certain eventually as it slowly comes out through court.

Got it. Thank you!

Oct 27, 2017

That well has a bottom though, at least for Vic. Aside from voicing alt-right flash animations or something, which I don't think he'd actually do, Vic is done as an actor/VO. He may be able to mine patreon support for a while or put out shitty music through SoundCloud for his hardcore fans but he he'll have to start applying for jobs outside of the industry. Dude is marked toxic now and nobody is going to hire him for any large scale gigs unless they're a sketchy as fuck company, and even then those wouldn't be any mainstream projects.

Black Face Lawyer just seems like a shitty lawyer in general so he'll probably continue to lose whatever any-SJW crusades he fights to appease the peeps, and there's probably a disbarring in his future based on his conduct already.

Mr. Zero

Apr 22, 2019
That well has a bottom though, at least for Vic. Aside from voicing alt-right flash animations or something, which I don't think he'd actually do, Vic is done as an actor/VO. He may be able to mine patreon support for a while or put out shitty music through SoundCloud for his hardcore fans but he he'll have to start applying for jobs outside of the industry. Dude is marked toxic now and nobody is going to hire him for any large scale gigs unless they're a sketchy as fuck company, and even then those wouldn't be any mainstream projects.

Black Face Lawyer just seems like a shitty lawyer in general so he'll probably continue to lose whatever any-SJW crusades he fights to appease the peeps, and there's probably a disbarring in his future based on his conduct already.

Pretty much. Vic will always have some sort of following. Far as Screech goes I will be curious to see what happens after Vic's case. He has been backtracking quite a bit lately, but that hasn't stopped him completely from bragging about how the defendants are doomed. But how many followers will stay if Vic's case gets thrown out?

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much. Vic will always have some sort of following. Far as Screech goes I will be curious to see what happens after Vic's case. He has been backtracking quite a bit lately, but that hasn't stopped him completely from bragging about how the defendants are doomed. But how many followers will stay if Vic's case gets thrown out?

This is all just BSing from me, but I imagine many of them will jump ship when Vic doesn't win. It's far more likely that they would stick on supporting the lawyers (paradoxically, as they would be the ones who lost the case) than they would him, he's just a lightning rod for them to project their shitty regressive agenda on right now. I'm sure he will always have his fans that maintain his innocence and that he was set up, despite all the- you know- evidence. The majority will move on to something else as he fades into obscurity. Cult of personality is not sustainable forever, especially when no one is able to hear your message anymore because your platform got knocked out from under you.

This is all just presuming he isn't countersued into oblivion which I don't know enough about the legal situation to know whether or not any of the parties involved would do that, but him losing on that would certainly drive all but the most delusional away.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alt Right figureheads don't tend to have a very long shelf life. Vic being a white dude means his star will burn brighter and longer but he'll eventually serve his purpose and someone knew and more in the moment will come along and the zealots will move on. That or Vic will just wear out his welcome and they'll turn on him like so many others who couldn't wield the cudgel as well as the alt right and their like would hope. Its inevitable with such a toxic group.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Lol Doucette set up a GFM to become a texas lawyer

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
If Nick Rekieta and Percy Beard are both to get disbarred, Greg Doucette needs to become a double lawyer to return the world to its proper balance.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
the last resort of Vic stans still fuming at Greg was "you shouldn't talk about texas law if you're not a texas lawyer"

fuckin played themselves there

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Let's be fair......Screech and Percy combined wouldn't be enough to compare to Greg Doucette. Hell, Greg has gone as far as to help Screech lol

So you're telling me he was originally a sole proprietor? And we could have directly sued his ass? Gee, thanks for telling him to file for an LLC, Greg! /s

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Does Rekieta mention specialty areas anywhere? Because between this LLC thing and having to admit that he didn't know what "publishing" meant in the context of defamation, I'm hoping that it's business law.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Does Rekieta mention specialty areas anywhere? Because between this LLC thing and having to admit that he didn't know what "publishing" meant in the context of defamation, I'm hoping that it's business law.
Around the time he got involved someone looked up his case records and the handful he'd been involved in mostly seemed to be misdemeanor criminal defense stuff. It might be in the thread somewhere.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
So the conVics are now making fake go fund me's for Monica and Ron and pulling Shane holmberg into it as well

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I, for one, would definitely trust an account that says "worst of all, he eats Jellybeans" unironically. This reminds me of that time I was looking at the Twitter timeline of a supposed anti-Comicsgate Magic the Gathering sort of person, and their tweets were going on about purging the infidels in a holy war.

Also, it's weird how sensitive they are about the KKK. Like, I get that they're just dropping SJW buzzwords like Russian bots, toxic masculinity, and queens, but has anyone even brought up the KKK in relevance to this?

EDIT:
I'm not finding it on GoFundMe right now.