• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol.. even for a fan film that's... embarassing.

The idea of Vic throwing tantrums at cons because he wasn't allowed to play that is just as cringeworthy as that completely unmoving statue playing Alphonse.

Ah, neutral stances on sexual assault.

Christ but I've run up against a lot of "I don't care about this case BUT..." assholes this past week alone and it's always the same "both sides" "innocent until proven guilty" "but timing!" bullshit like they're all reading from one script with the same ill-conceived youtuber talking points every time.

It's fucking maddening... like trying to fight the Borg collective of rape apologist weeaboos.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
The actual funniest thing about this motion is that it's trying to quash something that doesn't exist. It's incredibly premature, though I wasn't sure why until I read its contents.

Basically, Funimation's filing of the TCPA motion automatically halts all discovery in the case. Because of this, nobody can request any new documents or depositions at this time. If they want new stuff, they need to get the court's permission, which, if all parties don't agree, will require filing a motion.

Rial and Toye's lawyers are aware of this. That's why they didn't send a subpoena to Nick Rekieta. Instead, they sent a Notice of Intent, declaring that they're planning on asking for this discovery, but that they can't until they get the permission of the court. At this time, there is nothing formally requiring Nick Rekieta to appear for a deposition. The draft subpoena they sent out is unsigned and has sections for the judge to fill in if he grants them permission to ask for discovery.

Vic's lawyers don't appear to grasp that this is what's going on, and have therefore filed a motion to take down a notice that has no legal force whatsoever. When the judge hears this, he will be very confused.

I appreciate that this motion is a better structured piece of legal writing than their last discovery motion (in how it presents its exhibits), but its legal reasoning is even worse.

Basically:

Even funnier is that, if you read the emails, Ron and Monica's lawyer tried to explain this to Beard and he filed the motion anyway lmao

I kind of love the motions Ty Beard files in the sense that he includes his own e-mail correspondence, which always very clearly demonstrate how Beard is little more than a belligerent moron. The man is shooting himself in the foot with a frickin' tommy gun. He's putting such a constant and ferocious effort to assassinate his own character that he should sue himself for defamation, and no one has any idea of why he's doing it, let alone having asked him have done so.

Based on the level of intelligence and self-awareness I've been shown, the amount of respect he has for his own dignity, I have to find it more surprising if he doesn't act like a Looney Tune.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. He used to show it at cons all the time, and got in deep shit with Funimation and Aniplex.
Can you Imagine being so proud of something like this that not only did you show the world this but got upset when you were told not to show it?

With how much of a ego that Vic has its no wonder that he has such bad lawyers. They probably just told him whatever he wanted to hear.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, just watched that video, knowing nothing about Fullmetal Alchemist. Google tells me who made it but not why it exists.

I get Star Trek Continues because Vic is exactly the sort of guy who would identify with Captan Kirk, but this looks like something that would come out of a high school anime club.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Riot Games released new Lee Sin VO by a different VA to the League of Legends test server recently, Lee Sin being voiced by Vic.

Vic also voices another character in the game - Malzahar - so it's likely that character will receive a new VO too soon.

Seems like Riot has dropped him as well.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you've ever been curious just how garbage Vic's Fullmetal Fantasy video is:

mHP4rvB.gif

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Riot Games released new Lee Sin VO by a different VA to the League of Legends test server recently, Lee Sin being voiced by Vic.

Vic also voices another character in the game - Malzahar - so it's likely that character will receive a new VO too soon.

Seems like Riot has dropped him as well.
If fucking RIOT GAMES drops you, you know you're REALLY shit.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
Woah. That clip, that like physically hurt. As a FMA fan, this was just really really bad. The cringe was so bad that it hurt and I couldn't finish it lmao.
He was proud of that?

Aine

May 27, 2019
Fan films were a mistake. Vic also did a whole Star Trek fan-series, by the way. As Kirk.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
It's worth noting that Bill Shatner's Twitter account is run by an alt-right chud with a history of making crap up, so I wouldn't necessarily take any of the stuff he says on Shatner's behalf at face value.

Not like Vic needs this to make him look like a lowlife scumbag though, especially when he's done far worse stuff than "lied about an infamously shoddy actor giving him acting advice."

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
It's worth noting that Bill Shatner's Twitter account is run by an alt-right chud with a history of making crap up, so I wouldn't necessarily take any of the stuff he says on Shatner's behalf at face value.

Not like Vic needs this to make him look like a lowlife scumbag though, especially when he's done far worse stuff than "lied about an infamously shoddy actor giving him acting advice."
Got proof of this?

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of an open secret within the journalism community. A very specific dude runs both Shatner's account and Malik Obama's account, but I don't even wanna post it because he's one of those dummies who name-searches himself on every platform just to pick fights with people. I guess DM me if you want to know specifics, but it's not gonna blow your mind or anything.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of an open secret within the journalism community. A very specific dude runs both Shatner's account and Malik Obama's account, but I don't even wanna post it because he's one of those dummies who name-searches himself on every platform just to pick fights with people. I guess DM me if you want to know specifics, but it's not gonna blow your mind or anything.
And they haven't gotten rid of him? That's weird.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If true:

Shatner just doesn't know how his Twitter is run? Or knows and doesn't care?

Do his politics expressed elsewhere align with these tweets?

Curious how this could happen if the person doesn't endorse them somehow.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
What is it about the Internet and law in general that spawns these faceless hordes of "well I have no experience whatsoever in the field of law but here's 97 reasons why my legal analysis is on the mark and that of actual trained, practicing lawyers isn't" ?

People like that are the living embodiment of

tenor.png
I'm an actual lawyer and I never really wade into actual legal analysis on these things because lol

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Why? Legit curious since I only know Riot as the LoL guys.
They have a very misogynistic, toxic bro-culture with all the inappropriate commentary & behaviour towards women that comes with that around their offices. Probably other forms of bigotry too but I don't remember if I've read anything specific about that.

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019
They have a very misogynistic, toxic bro-culture with all the inappropriate commentary & behaviour towards women that comes with that around their offices. Probably other forms of bigotry too but I don't remember if I've read anything specific about that.

Holy Shit! I had never heard of that. What the fuck? I had heard of some places having a toxic bro culture, but could recall who it was. Didn't realise it was them. Yeah fuck those guys then.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Holy Shit! I had never heard of that. What the fuck? I had heard of some places having a toxic bro culture, but could recall who it was. Didn't realise it was them. Yeah fuck those guys then.
It's wilder than you can even imagine.
Throughout Kotaku's interviews, one name kept cropping up: Scott Gelb, Riot Games' COO, whom current and former employees allege participated in "ball-tapping" (flicking or slapping testicles), farting on employees or humping them for comedic effect. "It just became so normal," said one employee who witnessed Gelb's behavior. Another added, "The ball grabbing and things like that—that was absolutely well known across the board." Other former employees who witnessed this believed that this style of bro comedy trickled down into the company's lower ranks, where employees comfortably settled into a fraternity mindset that has, sources say, disadvantaged women.

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019

I can't even get angry about this. It's so goddamn fucking stupid and juvenile. Like just...fucking come on man act like a fucking adult. I can get behind a little joking and humor to lighten things up the story about the old days in Atari where they'd ride the conveyor belts for fun, but that shit is just the most God Awful cringey Blue Mountain State dudebro crap ever.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
With the Riot Games thing, unless I'm confusing them for another company, they've always presented a very social conscious front in terms of character representation and such. Not sure if it enters into their hiring practice at all, but I don't think this is necessarily out of character for them, if just because they wanted to get good press out of it.

Anyhow, that's more in the area of trivia. It's good that it happened because a guy like Vic should not be allowed in any opportunity to have in any sort of power considering how he uses it.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
With the Riot Games thing, unless I'm confusing them for another company, they've always presented a very social conscious front in terms of character representation and such. Not sure if it enters into their hiring practice at all, but I don't think this is necessarily out of character for them, if just because they wanted to get good press out of it.

Anyhow, that's more in the area of trivia. It's good that it happened because a guy like Vic should not be allowed in any opportunity to have in any sort of power considering how he uses it.

You've missed some threads. Riot works to make interesting characters in their games but their upper management and company culture is rumored (based on verified anonymous employees) to be awful. Everything from casual sexism asking female applicants if they actually play games to claims of sexual harrassment and assault.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
You've missed some threads. Riot works to make interesting characters in their games but their upper management and company culture is rumored (based on verified anonymous employees) to be awful. Everything from casual sexism asking female applicants if they actually play games to claims of sexual harrassment and assault.
No, no, no, I've heard that before. I'm saying that since VAs (actors in general, really) are more directly connected to the audience and the audience is more invested in them, whether or not to hire Vic is more of a decision on the external face than the internal culture.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
No, no, no, I've heard that before. I'm saying that since VAs (actors in general, really) are more directly connected to the audience and the audience is more invested in them, whether or not to hire Vic is more of a decision on the external face than the internal culture.
Oh I completely misread. Yeah I agree with you there.