• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if anything super serious against him has come out in regards to all this, all I remember is that he's a flat earther and I think one of those weird hardcore christians or something. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
He seems to be a Catholic based on what I can find online, which generally don't fit the definition of "weird hardcore christians" - I think that would best fit Southern Baptists like Vic, but they're definitely something most prominent from around that area. The more Catholic areas in the US like Maryland and New England tend to be solid blue states. And like, even medieval Catholics didn't believe in a flat earth, there's nothing traditional about that and it's totally on him.

But he's also in the biggest Southern Baptist state, he's potentially close to Vic Mignogna, and he participates in faith-based entertainment stuff (I think he's involved with that Fantasy Soft which allied with #StandWithVic?)

Last edited:

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
He seems to be a Catholic based on what I can find online, which generally don't fit the definition of "weird hardcore christians" - that would best fit Southern Baptists like Vic. The more Catholic areas in the US like Maryland and New England tend to be solid blue states. And like, even medieval Catholics didn't believe in a flat earth, there's nothing traditional about that and it's totally on him.

But he's also in the biggest Southern Baptist state, he's potentially close to Vic Mignogna, and he participates in faith-based entertainment stuff (I think he's involved with that Fantasy Soft which allied with #StandWithVic?)
What I meant by the weird christian thing is simply I think I remembered people talking about some of his beliefs or ties people or something, not that that was tied to him being a flat earther, but its more a vague recollection so it's not something I'm going to make accusations about.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
What I meant by the weird christian thing is simply I think I remembered people talking about some of his beliefs or ties people or something, not that that was tied to him being a flat earther, but its more a vague recollection so it's not something I'm going to make accusations about.
Might just be on me. I looked up the flat earth stuff and it was from an interview from a religious website, so I was thinking "oh, could he one of these Jack Chick sorta guys", but I can't find anything really pointing out that. He might just honestly be into non-mainstream science / pseudoscience for whatever reason.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
From what I can make out from twitter Chuck was acting as "mediator" for a bit and then started siding with Vic and he may have name dropped him to come to court to defend himself. So it may be that he will summoned to be defend Vic in court.

We'll have to wait a little more to get more details, but if that's true it would be a terrible look for Chuck.
Did he really side with vic?

Oct 25, 2017
Did he really side with vic?

chuckimage.png

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
even if Vic somehow did win ain't shit gonna happen to Funimation Ron Monica or Jamie for real, and Vic is still gonna be out of the Anime VA game. There is literally no situation where Vic comes out ahead here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Same. I really fucking hate this vagueness that they're going with. Either tell us what he did or stop bringing him up.

Except any lawyer would tell you that if you know something's Plastering it on social media isn't the way to do it if there is an active litigation going on.
Honestly even these vague statements are probably stuff that people who want to help should not be doing.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Same. I really fucking hate this vagueness that they're going with. Either tell us what he did or stop bringing him up.

Vic mentioned him in his deposition. That's probably all you're going to know unless the case doesn't get dismissed.

Cause they only need to act on this list if it's not dismissed. That's all "they're going with"- he's just one of the people Vic brought up that they're keeping from destroying relevant information.

Erik Zarkov

Dec 4, 2017
It's probably going to be four months till we get a ruling on this filing, and the other defendants still need to file their own as well. It's not going to be over for a good while.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
maybe watching a show called "My little sister can't be this cute" shouldve clued you in

the thing was it was moving away from any incest undertones. Until a law was under consideration that would have restricted the sales of incest stuff.

The novel author went all in on incest after that. Destroyed the characters of several popular charcters in the story all to justify the sudden shift and ending.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
All those glorious billable hours. You don't go for overkill like that unless you're sending a message.

Vic will be on the hook for paying for all of it if Funi wins the motion.
He could have just taken the L and disappeared, but instead Vic decided public bridge burning and self combustion was the way he wanted to go out.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Luckily, only a few people seem to be defending Vic in the comments of the ANN article. Most of the thread is rightfully saying that Vic and his little cult are fucked.

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019
the thing was it was moving away from any incest undertones. Until a law was under consideration that would have restricted the sales of incest stuff.

The novel author went all in on incest after that. Destroyed the characters of several popular charcters in the story all to justify the sudden shift and ending.

I hate it when stuff like that happens. Isn't he also the author of just about every little sister novel and show that's come out in the last few years as well? Also, ANN and Crunchyroll are cancerous alt-right cess pools when it comes to this shit so it comes to no surprise to me that they'd side with Vic.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also, ANN and Crunchyroll are cancerous alt-right cess pools when it comes to this shit so it comes to no surprise to me that they'd side with Vic.
I don't know about Crunchyroll, but in the case of ANN they have some good people on staff who at least try to have proper moderation on their forums, but of course the alt-right garbage invaded their forums when this Vic shitstorm blew out because unlike era their account system has no restriction, so any idiot can create multiple accounts pretty easily.

I really don't envy them having to moderate and ban people like them been doing, shit must be exhausting.

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019
I don't know about Crunchyroll, but in the case of ANN they have some good people on staff who at least try to have proper moderation on their forums, but of course the alt-right garbage invaded their forums when this Vic shitstorm blew out because unlike era their account system has no restriction, so any idiot can create multiple accounts pretty easily.

I really don't envy them having to moderate and ban people like them been doing, shit must be exhausting.

Imagine ANN...except worse, because the mods barely care at times and from cursory overview it's very pro-vic there and has been since all of this took off or at very least centrist as all fuck on an issue that really shouldn't be.

The whole thing over there has been tellingly quiet ever since the shellacking of Vic and his "lawyers" started.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine ANN...except worse, because the mods barely care at times and from cursory overview it's very pro-vic there and has been since all of this took off or at very least centrist as all fuck on an issue that really shouldn't be.

The whole thing over there has been tellingly quiet ever since the shellacking of Vic and his "lawyers" started.
Another thing that attracted the vicstans to troll on the ANN forums was the fact that they were one the first big sites to broke out the story about Vic's harassment over the years, so his brigade flocked in there with multiple accounts to defend the honor of the fuhrer (as his mom likes to call him).

Again, I don't envy the mods there.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The ANN forums can be awful but let's at least try and make the distinction between main site and the forums. The staff are generally really great.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Another thing that attracted the vicstans to troll on the ANN forums was the fact that they were one the first big sites to broke out the story about Vic's harassment over the years, so his brigade flocked in there with multiple accounts to defend the honor of the fuhrer (as his mom likes to call him).

Again, I don't envy the mods there.
lol they do understand that Bradley was a bad guy right? Not to mention the real life connotations of being given that title.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The ANN forums can be awful but let's at least try and make the distinction between main site and the forums. The staff are generally really great.
Yes, that's basically my point here. Any site that has people like Jacob Chapman and Lynzee Loveridge on their staff is good in my book.

And again, the mods seem to be good people too, but sadly any idiot can easily create a account.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a chat room with someone who's defending Vic and calling Monica Rial "Moronica" ....I don't want to get in trouble because I have good relations with some of the chat members but this person is REALLY starting to push my last nerve.

TSSZNews

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
.........There are people on the ANN site saying this will bankrupt Funimation.

If the anti-SLAPP dismissal doesn't work and this drags on for months/years, it well may force Sony to consider offloading Funi.

I'm 50-50 on whether the SLAPP motion will work because my understanding of the law in Texas is that it's more regarding free speech against the government - the question will come down to whether Mignogna's allegations are a "matter of public concern", and because he hasn't been charged with a crime, I'm not sure that's a lock. The court basically has to determine whether Vic is a public figure and then make a call from there.

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
Damn. Literally every time I learn something new about Vic's personal life it paints him out to be even more of a scumbag than I thought possible.

That's the thing about this whole lawsuit

The majority of lawyers who dunked on the initial filing had no idea who Vic was until the Vic stans decided to defend him. That's when lawyers decided to look into it and learned how really bad this whole thing is.

The Vic stans are their own worst enemies

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
If the anti-SLAPP dismissal doesn't work and this drags on for months/years, it well may force Sony to consider offloading Funi.

I'm 50-50 on whether the SLAPP motion will work because my understanding of the law in Texas is that it's more regarding free speech against the government - the question will come down to whether Mignogna's allegations are a "matter of public concern", and because he hasn't been charged with a crime, I'm not sure that's a lock. The court basically has to determine whether Vic is a public figure and then make a call from there.
it's kind of difficult to argue that someone who regularly attends conventions to sign autographs for fans isn't a public figure

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
That's the thing about this whole lawsuit

The majority of lawyers who dunked on the initial filing had no idea who Vic was until the Vic stans decided to defend him. That's when lawyers decided to look into it and learned how really bad this whole thing is.

The Vic stans are their own worst enemies
"It's best to avoid fights that you will not only lose, but will look foolish losing."

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

Sony isn't going to get rid of Funi, worst case they offer a settlement. But they seemed to be going hard to the paint instead

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017

On what basis? Gawker and Hulk Hogan? If it drags on too long then Funi would just settle and move on. This is not remotely as big of a deal as VicStans would like to believe even if Funi were to lose.