• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't find a photo of their lobby despite they having 3 locations. But they have their name on the side of a pretty tall building. I am guessing these dudes don't play
Found one. Looks pretty nice.
AF1QipP5DMrnqct6X1Q6ID-hm8YonUE-e5hw7JKKxDQQ

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Except in this case Vic's team is nowhere near close to a win.
Again, I was surprised that this lawsuit even happened because I was sure that no one would be stupid enough to put the burden on themselves to prove something that they had already pretty much admitted was true. After seeing the reactions from actual legal professionals, I can't help but be very relaxed at this point, because it turned out that that the only reason this happened was that there actually was someone that stupid.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Again, I was surprised that this lawsuit even happened because I was sure that no one would be stupid enough to put the burden on themselves to prove something that they had already pretty much admitted was true. After seeing the reactions from actual legal professionals, I can't help but be very relaxed at this point, because it turned out that that the only reason this happened was that there actually was someone that stupid.
It's still crazy to me that they actually thought they would be able to somehow intimidate a huge corporation into complying to their absurd demands, this case has been completely farcical from the beginning.

Especially considering that, as you said, he freaking admitted to his wrongdoings!

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It's still crazy to me that they actually thought they would be able to somehow intimidate a huge corporation into complying to their absurd demands, this case has been completely farcical from the beginning.

Especially considering that, as you said, he freaking admitted to his wrongdoings!

They thought that it was like TV and movies. The big corporations settle because it's easy.

They forgot it was real life.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
LMFAO

what a fucking clown

High schoolers learn that in mock trial clubs

Your Honour, my name is Name; N A M E and I am senior counsel for the claimant, I am instructed by ...

This is basic law school shit. Court etiquette isn't that complicated.

I LOVE how he had to bring up he was senior partner at his firm, that judge doesn't give a single shit about the structure of your law firm you fucking moron. He wants to know who senior fucking counsel is and why he isn't speaking.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
The part when Erick and the judge are talking about anime amuses me a little.
And also, Your Honor, the bigger picture behind all of this is that this case is very, very unique, and it involved Anime actors. I mean, if you know what --
THE COURT: No, I mean, I read it, and I mean, I think know what that means. It's little cartoons of some sort, and they're Japanese usually, right?

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I love how this was what Screech was basically saying was going to be there "Checkmate" moment (The "wait til the 31st" tweet)

And instead it was just them showing there ass and basically admitting "We know there is going to be an Anti-slapp the as soon as the Defense cross examines him"

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously though, nobody knows what in the hell their endgame is supposed to be, they keep talking about getting Vic's honor back or whatever but in small chance he wins this case what is even there for him?

Do they seriously think another company like Funimation is going to hire him, I can't honestly process how someone is that deluded.

Mr. Zero

Apr 22, 2019
Seriously though, nobody knows what in the hell their end game is supposed to be, they keep talking about getting Vic's honor back or whatever but in small chance he wins this case what is even there for him?

Do they seriously think another company like Funimation is going to hire him, I can't honestly process how someone is that deluded.

IMO, I feel their end game failed. I believe their plan was put enough pressure on the defendants through harassment and Vic will get a settlement. Makes sense when you put things together: Vic in his discord told his fans to do anything possible to stop the rumors and what not, you have Screech the Hype Fan getting all these lunatics riled up by twisting every piece of information in Vic's favor. Of course you can't forget Percy swooping in on Twitter with, "We'll be in touch." to Ron. It really had nothing to do with Vic's honor, just to make what they thought would be easy money.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, there are so many reasons this was flawed from the start. There's that there's no judgement that will actually fix his reputation, and then there's how they weren't even the start of this. That part even comes up in the transcript from the 31st, but like... even beyond this whole thing happening this year, it really bears repeating that this stuff was not news to begin with. If you mentioned Vic to me anytime in the past like... what, 6? 7? more? years maybe, I'd probably have thought 1. "ah, that creep?" and 2. "ah, the guy who voiced Ed in FMA?", in that order.

So to say they were somehow uniquely defaming him when 1. his reputation's actually been kinda bad for a long long time and 2.that somehow these 2 specific people are the source of the problems and not everyone else who spoke up and shared their stories when this became a thing, before Monica, is... I'm not sure how that argument works to begin with.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously though, nobody knows what in the hell their endgame is supposed to be, they keep talking about getting Vic's honor back or whatever but in small chance he wins this case what is even there for him?

The case never had reasonable prospects of success. They're basically just taking his money and half-assing it. Not sure about this jurisdiction but in mine this would probably be referred for disciplinary action.

That said here the statement of claim would probably be struck out either on application or at the Judge's discretion.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
First off, everyone should check Doucette's twitter again just to appreciate his new banner.

Second, what's got me puzzled right now is why Vic's side is willingly showing off these things. The screenshots of this transcript are apparently from Nick Rikieta's show going by that tweet. And I got to see Casey Erick responding to Ty Beard's manbaby tantrum and threats with the equivalent of "well I don't think it's going to work so you might as well just get it over with" only because Ty Beard decided to slap that in as Exhibit C and D.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

If memory serves, they were asking for over a million US fucking dollars in punitive damages. I, for one, can't imagine what their endgame was.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I can't even tell at this point.

On one hand, them outright being grifters would make the most sense.

On the other, you see shit like those latest emails from Beard, and that comes across as someone who so strongly believes that they're coming across as cool that they don't care about being incredibly unprofessional. Which to me seems like a bad idea for someone who's trying to get away with grifting. And also, assuming grifting gives them some amount of intelligence and awareness of the situation that they sure have not exhibited.

maybe they're grifters who bought into their own bullshit due to the audience (which either way they are absolutely trying to manipulate in their favor, it's just a matter of how much), or maybe they're just incredibly bad at grifting; either explains Beard well enough

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One of the only comforting things to me is that with this mess basically the whole world now knows how much of a fraud both Beard and Blackface are, before they were just some shitty lawyers nobody heard of. What a joke.

And given their actions (harrasment, doxxing, etc.) I also wouldn't be surprised if they are eventually disbarred.

If memory serves, they were asking for over a million US fucking dollars in punitive damages.
tenor.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHA What the fuck

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I can't even tell at this point.

On one hand, them outright being grifters would make the most sense.

On the other, you see shit like those latest emails from Beard, and that comes across as someone who so strongly believes that they're coming across as cool that they don't care about being incredibly unprofessional. Which to me seems like a bad idea for someone who's trying to get away with grifting. And also, assuming grifting gives them some amount of intelligence and awareness of the situation that they sure have not exhibited.

maybe they're grifters who bought into their own bullshit due to the audience (which either way they are absolutely trying to manipulate in their favor, it's just a matter of how much), or maybe they're just incredibly bad at grifting; either explains Beard well enough
Basically. It's very easy to see what makes the most sense from the perspective of reasonable people, but the spanner in the works here is that we're trying to figure out the actions of people who have repeatedly demonstrated that they are not reasonable people, but in fact, complete shitfucking morons.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone knows how this ends, seems people are just watching to see what route they are using to get there

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
First off, everyone should check Doucette's twitter again just to appreciate his new banner.

Second, what's got me puzzled right now is why Vic's side is willingly showing off these things. The screenshots of this transcript are apparently from Nick Rikieta's show going by that tweet. And I got to see Casey Erick responding to Ty Beard's manbaby tantrum and threats with the equivalent of "well I don't think it's going to work so you might as well just get it over with" only because Ty Beard decided to slap that in as Exhibit C and D.

I mean, to be clear, his supporters just spent some time yelling about the defendants accidentally admitting that people who reported Nick's behavior were "terrorists"... because one of the documents had an Exhibit that was some ridiculous article that claimed that. When the point of it being included was that the article was in support of Vic, and it documented Beard going on Nick's show. Not that the defendants agreed with it or were claiming the article was framed truthfully or whatever the fuck these fools assume it being included inherently means.

So why be picky about what you share, when they just always take away what they want to (or what Nick tells them to) from all of this stuff? It's why they keep framing recent events as the defendants going back on not wanting confidentiality while Vic wanted it to start, when that transcript pretty clearly shows it wasn't even close to the same thing to begin with. It's why they're hyping up sanctions when Beard wasn't even the one who mentioned them first.

oh also some of them now believe that the anti SLAPP stuff (not the new Funi lawyers, I think it's the motion to extend the deadline that they're focusing on) is secretly disingenuous and just done because the defendants wanted to delay depositions... specifically so they had more time to defame him? because... ???? I have no idea how that even begins to make sense to them

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
That's fair. If he's an idiot and his audience is coming to him for knowledge I guess it doesn't speak well for them either.

Everyone knows how this ends, seems people are just watching to see what route they are using to get there

Coincidentally, this is also the formula used in every episode of Columbo.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
That's fair. If he's an idiot and his audience is coming to him for knowledge I guess it doesn't speak well for them either.

Coincidentally, this is also the formula used in every episode of Columbo.
Columbo often went up against folks that thought they were a lot smarter than they actually were and was tripped up by the simplest things.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Percy has already admitted in court he doesn't know what a confidentiality disposition is.

He and the Fearful Beard were trying to use it as a gag order where they controlled the info.

They also revealed that they know the second Vic's deposition is done they expect an Anti-slapp.

Greg-Senpai (name used ironically) has been predicting every step of this LOLsuit correctly.

And did Vic give his deposition today? Seems like a no.

Seriously the guy representing himself in the Jim Sterling v Digital Homicide suit was more compentant than the lawyers Vic has.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Percy has already admitted in court he doesn't know what a confidentiality disposition is.

He and the Fearful Beard were trying to use it as a gag order where they controlled the info.

They also revealed that they know the second Vic's deposition is done they expect an Anti-slapp.

Greg-Senpai (name used ironically) has been predicting every step of this LOLsuit correctly.

And did Vic give his deposition today? Seems like a no.

Seriously the guy representing himself in the Jim Sterling v Digital Homicide suit was more compentant than the lawyers Vic has.

Reading the transcript has me laughing, it seems like Vic will lose this lawsuit and it will be the fault of his shitty lawyer team he hired.

Meanwhile Funimation is getting really good lawyers because they are part of Sony, I'm sure Sony is hooking up Funimation with the best lawyers.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Reading the transcript has me laughing, it seems like Vic will lose this lawsuit and it will be the fault of his shitty lawyer team he hired.

Meanwhile Funimation is getting really good lawyers because they are part of Sony, I'm sure Sony is hooking up Funimation with the best lawyers.

The funny part is that Sony doesn't even need to spend any money on it.

I work at a print store and I shared the original complaint with a lawyer who comes in to get his documents Bates numbered at my location.

He read the argument and said there is no way in hell I would ever take this case. He has no case.

He said he had a better chance, as a personal injury lawyer of getting someone money from them jumping off the top of a Scaffolding in the place that they worked, then this guy had a chance to get money from defamation.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
If you mentioned Vic to me anytime in the past like... what, 6? 7? more? years maybe, I'd probably have thought 1. "ah, that creep?" and 2. "ah, the guy who voiced Ed in FMA?", in that order.
Slightly tangential, but this is one of the minor things bugging me in all this. I also knew of Vic from FMA, and figured it was his most famous role. Now all of his supposed fans only ever talk about him being Broly, a role I wasn't even aware he had until all of this news broke.

It's just a dumb, minor pet peeves I've had about this situation. Maybe it's just a reminder that I'm getting old.

Last edited:

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Slightly tangential, but this is one of the minor things bugging me in all this. I also knew of Vic from FMA, and figured it was his most famous role. Now all of his supposed fans only ever talk about him being Broly, a role I wasn't even aware he had until all of this news broke.
they latched on to broly partially because it was his latest big role, and partially because they're a bunch of losers with inferiority complexes, so they worship characters like broly who are mindless power fantasies, I'll not that from what I saw most of them used the old version of Broly and sometimes Broly when he was in full on rage mode in the new movie, so I'd say that shows what kind of thinking goes through their minds

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
they latched on to broly partially because it was his latest big role, and partially because they're a bunch of losers with inferiority complexes, so they worship characters like broly who are mindless power fantasies, I'll not that from what I saw most of them used the old version of Broly and sometimes Broly when he was in full on rage mode in the new movie, so I'd say that shows what kind of thinking goes through their minds
Oh, I know. I said it's just a pet peeve. Feel like shouting, "That's not even what he's known for, ya morons."

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone link me to the transcript ?, I don't want to give any of these chucklefucks clicks if I can avoid it

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Hmm, kinda reminds me of Naruto fans with Hinata. The worship they got despite not being particularly interesting characters was due to Fantasy. I guess every fan base, there's a character with a toxic fan base.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Obligatory reminder: if you feel you were violated by Vic and the offense occurred at Otakon while it was still hosted in Baltimore, you should consider pursuing criminal charges. Maryland does not have a statute of limitations for this class of crime.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

D-FKdv3WwAA1r6-.jpg:large

Glorious haha.