• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
The crazy part (well, one of many) is that they are spending all this time and energy on a guy who literally has no impact on the case. Like Doucette has zero connection to the suit outside of personal interest.
well i'd say he actually is having an impact on the case...by making everyone on the Vic side look even more like the idiots that they are

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to "insult" Doucette by bringing up that he used to be homeless and later became a fucking lawyer is one of the most hilarious things I've seen in years. The fact that the guy that brought it up is blocking everyone that mentions it despite having "Pussies who have blocked me" in his Twitter bio makes it even better. Looking at that tweet, it sure looks like he thought this was going to be some sort of "sick burn", but it didn't get the reception he was hoping it would.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to "insult" Doucette by bringing up that he used to be homeless and later became a fucking lawyer is one of the most hilarious things I've seen in years. The fact that the guy that brought it up is blocking everyone that mentions it despite having "Pussies who have blocked me" in his Twitter bio makes it even better. Looking at that tweet, it sure looks like he thought this was going to be some sort of "sick burn", but it didn't get the reception he was hoping it would.

"Hahahaha! Look at this guy who was homeless and is now a Lawyer! What a loser for improving himself and his situation!"

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Every other one of their usual defenses has failed in spectacular fashion so they're basically left trying to catch him in a gotcha moment which fit obvious reasons is also failing hard.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been keeping up, so catching up on this whole lawyer dunking has been a real treat. I can't believe they're still going.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
This is one thing in the mindset of conservatives (US context) that really bugs me. This idea that being born a certain way gives you this "status" that means you're inherently entitled to certain things no matter your actions.

The mindset that you should be forever shamed for ever being homeless is another side of this thinking. Being vulnerable, ever, is WEAKNESS and a black mark upon you forever.

Tl;dr: conservatives really seem to hate legitimate meritocracy. Doucette is arguably an example of the mostly bullshit "American Dream." But nah, they try to frame that as a bad thing.
This video is a good intro to that way of thought.

tl;dw: Having people above them in the social order is fine as long as the "right people" remain below them.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
When people speak, they can use words either for the actual meaning of the statements or for the effects the word cause. That's part of why you always seem obvious projection in cases like this; they said things about me that made other people dislike me and take their side, so I'll say those things too. It's also the same reason why white supremacists love to claim victimhood, because they see the people who were actually victims of white supremacists talking about their victimhood and gaining sympathy for it. If you don't care about reality you can say whatever the hell you want.

And sometimes you see people operating on that sort of level for an entire argument. I sometimes see it even on Era, even for relatively innocent conversations. Someone drops a dumb off the cuff remark, maybe trying to look smart in a situation they know nothing about, then when that's actually engaged they making great arguments against positions that no one actually took or throw frivilous accusations at others, which just entangles them deeper in this argument that they can't bring themselves to just disengage with.

So I tend to think that's what's going on here. They see that Rekieta's history is being dredged out and makes him look bad, so they try to mimic the behaviour without considering that it doesn't have the same effect when the information in someone's background isn't demonstrating them to be an unabashed racist. The upper part of their brain isn't even online; they aren't actually engaging with the information they spout. It's an endless loop where they're desperate not to look stupid, but they are stupid, so they keep providing proof of it instead.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
So I was browsing ANN and found this from a poster

VA Jamie McGonnigal has been doxxed by Vic fans

His Twitter has been taken private, but a user copied down his text.

"I've been doxed by Vic Mignogna's fans. The doxing includes some of the most hateful homophobic and racist comments I've ever seen about me, my husband and our son. All this, because I decided to speak out about a serial sexual predator and people he's hurt. #theinternetistrash"

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.

"I've been doxed by Vic Mignogna's fans. The doxing includes some of the most hateful homophobic and racist comments I've ever seen about me, my husband and our son. All this, because I decided to speak out about a serial sexual predator and people he's hurt. #theinternetistrash"

Thanks, Ty Beard! And by that, I mean, "Fuck you,."

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Every day we hit a new low in stupidity surrounding this circus. Lawd.

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
Turns out Luminatrux is one of Screech's accounts. You can see where he slipped.

Screech deleted the tweet(Greg was smart to take a screenshot instead of linking it in that tweet) and then on the same sockpuppet account tried to play it off as a "typo"

Because "I have" is definitely a typo to "Nick has" on your keyboard. A common mistake! /s

Surejan.gif

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
FYI, Nick actually has a panel at Anime Matsuri. He is also listed as a guest. I don't think he's on the main guest page, which I guess means he's more of a panelist?

Found this line in the panel description particularly interesting: This is a Panel discussion with multiple YouTube personalities talking about how organizations and professionals are professing their social and political ideologies to the detriment of the fan-communities that support the medium.

Gee, I wonder what these social and political ideologies that are detrimental to fandom are? It creeps me out that Anime Matsuri has someone like this as a guest (with some other YouTubers).

Other than that, from what I've read over the past few days, Anime Matsuri is just a shit show in general.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is a Panel discussion with multiple YouTube personalities talking about how organizations and professionals are professing their social and political ideologies to the detriment of the fan-communities that support the medium.
2xgDJM.gif

Is Sargon or mundanematt going to be there also? Maybe they can invite Davis Aurini or something too.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
"hey thammy do you want to go to an anime con?"
"i don't really like anime. do they have any lawyers there who spout terrible shit"
"well obviously, what else would they have"

Well that sucks. As funny as Ty Beard and Nick Rekieta's recent self-humiliations have been, it's probably better than this ends sooner rather than later. hopefully this lawsuit quickly gets hit with an anti-SLAPP motion as the various legal twitter folks have predicted and it cools down from here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Just in case anyone needs a reminder,

After Anime Matsuri 2015, John Leigh, the conventions event manager was accused of sexual harassment by several members of the Lolita fashion community.[20] Significant financial improprieties have also been alleged against the convention organizers.[21] In May 2016, Anime Matsuri announced that the former CEO of Anime Expo, Marc Perez would join the convention as COO.[22][23] The convention sent YouTube channel Last Week Lolita News a cease and desist letter in 2018 after reporting about John Leigh's sexual harassment.[24]

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017

Fuck these "alt-right" idiots and fuck their bullshit "free speech" fascist dogwhistle. This is exactly the opposite of what they claim to want. And they always wonder why people choose not to debate with them.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Just in case you needed anymore proof that Anime Matsuri is fucking trash.

Hei, Umbrella, Nick, and Ty. I'm kind of at a loss for words at how completely dumbfuck this is. Like... Vocal comicsgaters that have repeatedly attacked women, spread doxx, constantly lied, thoroughly grifted people, just being massive (figuratively literally figurative) pieces of shit. So on-brand for Anime Matsuri.

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019
Hei, Umbrella, Nick, and Ty. I'm kind of at a loss for words at how completely dumbfuck this is. Like... Vocal comicsgaters that have repeatedly attacked women, spread doxx, constantly lied, thoroughly grifted people, just being massive (figuratively literally figurative) pieces of shit. So on-brand for Anime Matsuri.

Who the fuck are these guys? Like seriously, who are these guys?

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, wait, so what was that picture of Vic that the ISWV crowd thought was photoshopped? It's been difficult for me to keep up.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, wait, so what was that picture of Vic that the ISWV crowd thought was photoshopped? It's been difficult for me to keep up.
One of the testimonials for Vic being a child predator dates back to the 80s, when she was a high school student and he was an acting coach for a high school before he ever found acting work. The photo proves Vic was there and she wasn't making it all up; previously people had attempted to use Vic's own resume to try to "prove" the timeline didn't work out for her meeting Vic at all.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
One of the testimonials for Vic being a child predator dates back to the 80s, when she was a high school student and he was an acting coach for a high school before he ever found acting work. The photo proves Vic was there and she wasn't making it all up; previously people had attempted to use Vic's own resume to try to "prove" the timeline didn't work out for her meeting Vic at all.
Gotcha. Thank you!

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
...what pedophiles do we protect and endorse?
There's new drama today.
It's located on neogaf.

To sum up: a discord may exist/have existed wherein some member-users said questionable things, and the era staff didn't.....nuke the discord server which they don't own or manage....and that's bad.
You can search for random closed threads on et cetera for the staff response.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
There was a mod on GAF back in the day who turned out to be a pedo. My guess it has something to do with that
Yes. Amir0x is doing time and even if he wasn't he would be completely cut off from the community. I know this would be the case because the entire reason this forum exists is due to a community decision to leave since the owner and founder of GAF was a creep. These sad people have no leg to stand on here.