• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It's the conservative way. If you can't silence them then intimidate them.

the true irony is the person they are attacking is a conservative as well. If he wasn't going after Vic I would hate this guy.

Well he's a never Trumper so maybe he has at least one third of his soul left.

The "piece of shit" thing reminded me that the whole reason Penn & Teller called their show "Bullshit" and used terms like "asshole" instead of "scam artist" was to cover themselves legally. However you feel about their show, I think Vic's lawyers could have probably benefited from seeing an episode or two given their current situation.

I used to love that show when I was younger. I'm actually afraid to go back and watch it again except for the supernatural episodes.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
the true irony is the person they are attacking is a conservative as well. If he wasn't going after Vic I would hate this guy.

Well he's a never Trumper so maybe he has at least one third of his soul left.
They call him a RINO. Republican In Name Only. It's a term they use for conservatives that show dissent against the whole fascist agenda thing.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO! Things just keep getting better and better

I'm curious what documents this would be referring to, as everything that's been released *has* been official (as Beard's discussed them in Rakieta's stream) and also ridiculously incompetently written. Seems like Beard wants to get everything thrown out.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's a mass flag?
I suspect that's what's happening. Don't just look at the troll tweets, go into their accounts and look at some of their history. A lot of them don't seem to be well-rounded people; either they post nothing except Vic or cartoon stuff or they're completely out of touch with reality. I think a lot of them are young, poorly socialized, or perhaps mentally ill, and they're highly responsive to suggestion by authority figures related to this Vic business.

I also feel like people coming for an argument and then taking to frivolous reporting is a good sign that they're shaken and aren't as confident of their arguing anymore.

By the way, speaking of people who are completely out of touch with reality, I like this troll tweet sent to Doucette which uses the phrases "doxxing" and "thuggish behaviour" and somehow ascribes them to different people:

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I love how we have to keep pointing out to these assholes that you can't doxx someone whose entire life is public record already.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
See, I look at that tweet again, see someone saying that Doucette deserves doxxing because of karma, and then click that guy's username and look at the very first tweet:

Lo and behold, not only is the tweet on the very top of his feed horrible, it doesn't even follow as a conversation. Basic introduction to the burden of proof -> Male oppression

And I'll tell you, that same burden of proof that Doucette described along with the higher standard of proof required in criminal cases is one of the biggest reasons that there are people like Vic who aren't registered sex offenders.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
See, I look at that tweet again, see someone saying that Doucette deserves doxxing because of karma, and then click that guy's username and look at the very first tweet:

Lo and behold, not only is the tweet on the very top of his feed horrible, it doesn't even follow as a conversation. Basic introduction to the burden of proof -> Male oppression

And I'll tell you, that same burden of proof that Doucette described along with the higher standard of proof required in criminal cases is one of the biggest reasons that there are people like Vic who aren't registered sex offenders.

"Wahmen" huh? A PewDiePie fan.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
"Wahmen" huh? A PewDiePie fan.
I googled that because I don't know the connection it had to PewDiePie, and:

pdp8xj9t.png

okay then

Nov 3, 2017
My office is filled with former lawyers, and I've been passing that...letter of demand? I'm honestly not sure what that 'Vic is not a literally piece of shit' letter was even meant to be. Most the office doesn't even believe it's real, it's that stupid

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
What's worse is that they probably think that doing shit like that will make him actually get on the stream to "DEBEATE HIM!"

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
No doubt lol If Screech wants to debate so bad, he can do it on Twitter. But we all know he's a coward who can only "debate" people on his playing field.
I mean, he kind of has been debating it on Twitter. That's how we found out that he didn't know what "publishing" means, or that libel and slander are both forms of defamation. He's already humiliated himself on the neutral ground.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
You know your side is in trouble when you have to start resorting to Whataboutisms.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I like the accusation that someone cosplaying as Anty is blackface because it reveals both that you don't actually know anything about anime and that you're so fucking racist that you don't know what Indians are.

Last edited:

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019
I dont know the Jimmy Kimmel thing but its like people fucking didnt understand RDJ's character being a shitheel in the movie.

Yeah if I recall it was some BS about him being REALLY method and to get into character did some race altering surgery bullshit, but yeah no it was SUPPOSED to be racist and fucking stupid looking. That was the joke.

Jesus what year is it?!

ohzrd5t.jpg

I remember the Karl Malone skit from a fucking LIFETIME ago I think on the Man Show which Kimmel hosted said Lifetime ago. Same concept as the RDJ one in that it being really offensive is kind of the point of the joke. It obviously doesn't fly today and Kimmel has apologized for it, but yeah way different context.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

Jesus, had not seen this one.

Something I wasn't aware of until it came up in the defense's statement is that Texas requires you to request a retraction within ninety days of the supposed defamation, so Vic's apparently not giving a shit until his lawyers told him to go get that sweet Funimation money also works against him.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The funniest thing about the black face whataboutism is that they're basically acknowledging that black face is bad without actually saying it.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
If you scroll up a bit, Doucette also posits that the GoFundMe could constitute fraud, I believe since money that was supposed to be for Vic's defense is actually being used for a lawsuit, which is something else.

Also, people are trying to gotcha him on being a Republican. Like, you say you're a Republican but you use terms from left wing circles!

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Who is the Anthy cosplayer? It's problematic if it was a light-skinned person who darkened her skin for the character - the greater cosplay community self-polices this pretty hard from what I've seen.
Jessie Pridemore. She's also acknowledged that she was totally in the wrong for doing it.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
They're just trying over and over and over to catch him in a gotcha. It's like watching a computer stuck in an infinite loop

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Who is the Anthy cosplayer? It's problematic if it was a light-skinned person who darkened her skin for the character - the greater cosplay community self-polices this pretty hard from what I've seen.

It was Jessie Pridemore and she did catch shit for it and apologized.

What she didn't do was go on claiming it was her free speech and it was fine

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
My office is filled with former lawyers, and I've been passing that...letter of demand? I'm honestly not sure what that 'Vic is not a literally piece of shit' letter was even meant to be. Most the office doesn't even believe it's real, it's that stupid
I work at a law firm in admin and I'd pass it around but then I'd get questions on where the hell I found it and I don't want to get into that.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Jessie Pridemore. She's also acknowledged that she was totally in the wrong for doing it.
It was Jessie Pridemore and she did catch shit for it and apologized.

What she didn't do was go on claiming it was her free speech and it was fine
I don't know if that was her, but I remember seeing a picture of Anthy cosplay go around Facebook a few years ago, with a PSA message about "Don't make the same mistake I did when I first started cosplaying." I'm not sure that was her, but seems like the same story.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
God that picture of Vic just oozes ALL of the sleaze. Like if you saw that character in a movie you immediately knew it was a sexual predator/conman/serial killer or all of the above.

Oh man, I've had this same feeling for a while. I thought maybe I was just being biased with the allegations, but yeah looks like a total sleazebag. It kinda comes off like he thinks he's sexier than he actually is.

Mr. Zero

Apr 22, 2019
Holy shit at that supposed "defense from his friend".

"His mind reading needs work" indeed.

Add the fact that she is, "The Vic Whisperer." Admitting that she has to constantly tell him what is right and what is wrong. That is not something Percy would want out in the open as that just tells everyone that Vic has no moral compass and is very capable of doing wrong when not keep in line......oh wait Percy was the one the initially shared the article.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Add the fact that she is, "The Vic Whisperer." Admitting that she has to constantly tell him what is right and what is wrong. That is not something Percy would want out in the open as that just tells everyone that Vic has no moral compass and is very capable of doing wrong when not keep in line......oh wait Percy was the one the initially shared the article.
It's pretty hilarious and sad that Beard thought that this would be a exonerating testimony, ''see, even his FEMALE best friend says he is a saint that wouldn't hurt a fly!!''

''He was naive enough to miss the changing times where advances toward women that have been the norm for decades became a 'crime'.'' She is very clearly admitting that she knows what he did is wrong, but he was just too stupid to understand that. C'mon beardy, that's the best you can do?