• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Knowing nothing about this dojo, maybe it's like, "are there any small business owners in the area who are big qanon fans? I might be up your alley. Ex-cop baby"

Although their next entry on Facebook is a women's self defense class so maybe not. EDIT: Actually, they have a fair amount of female empowerment posts. Maybe they would respond to being told about Vic?

Maybe they're inviting him to train women how to deal with a handsy jerk who won't take no for an answer.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so looking into it more the new event seems kinda shady... Vic hasn't said anything about it and one of the guys who created the dojo event is in the comments of the cancelled mall post claiming that he's Vic's agent. Plus the dojo event page was created at the beginning of this month. Two weeks ago someone asked if he was actually going there and the guy running it replied yes, so if this was a last minute venue change how did they know two weeks ago?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so looking into it more the new event seems kinda shady... Vic hasn't said anything about it and one of the guys who created the dojo event is in the comments of the cancelled mall post claiming that he's Vic's agent. Plus the dojo event page was created at the beginning of this month. Two weeks ago someone asked if he was actually going there and the guy running it replied yes, so if this was a last minute venue change how did they know two weeks ago?
The Facebook page lists a website for the dojo, which looks like a standard cheap family business website. It has a link to "super model cage girl" which I'm not sure I should be looking at right now, but also a lot of women empowerment stuff. I don't see anything obviously wrong with that much.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
The Facebook page lists a website for the dojo, which looks like a standard cheap family business website. It has a link to "super model cage girl" which I'm not sure I should be looking at right now, but also a lot of women empowerment stuff. I don't see anything obviously wrong with that much.
I think they were referring to whoever set up the Dojo Facebook event page, not the dojo itself.

Oct 25, 2017
Huh? I wonder why it got cancelled? Did someone alert mall staff to the ongoing Vic shitstorm?

Probably. The manga section of the Jacksonville Mall's Barnes & Noble tends to be pretty regularly populated by a variety of different people (or at least it used to be when I lived in that general area a couple years ago). Wouldn't surprise me at all if a few regulars spoke up.

May 29, 2019
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I was actually looking for the contact info for the dojo when I stumbled in here, so I felt obligated to make an account and say hi. 😁

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Vic confirmed the dojo event on twitter, so I guess it's less shady now. Still weird that the event page was created at the beginning of the month though, way before the mall event even went up.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit! Blackface Lawyer getting called out: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1salWLHQMWXAUUM_N2JCTiiAZAVEMp-WL/view

10. Plaintiff's actions outside of this lawsuit have proven that his request for

confidentiality is a disingenuous and he is wasting the courts valuable time and resources.

Plaintiff's attorneys have appeared on episodes of the YouTube channel for Rekieta Law

describing the facts of the case, the pleadings and the Defendants, providing images of evidence

they intend to use in the case, and discussing their legal strategy. Rekieta Law is a YouTube

channel that describes on its own webpage the following: "He's a lawyer who lawsplains [sic]

legal topics to the internet, fueled by whiskey and rage." Plaintiff's attorneys are sharing

information about the case with Nick Rekieta, the creator of the YouTube channel, to be

disbursed to Plaintiff's fanbase and viewers of Rekieta Law. Many of Rekieta Law's episodes

have over 75,000 views from different individuals. Furthermore, Plaintiff's attorneys have even

attempted to sell merchandise (patches and t-shirts) in support of Ty Beard and Plaintiff with the

slogan "Fear the Beard" as a way to intimidate Defendants and rile up the fanbase of Plaintiff.9

The amount of publicity and public attention that Plaintiff voluntarily created, and continues to

create, regarding this case shows that he has no actual concern for the protection of

confidentiality or the sensitivity of the subject matter.

I knew those livestreams would end up being used against them. They're also seeking fees and arguing sanctions:

REQUEST FOR ATTORNEYS FEES AND COSTS PURSUANT
TO Tex. R. Civ. P. 215.1(d) AND LOCAL RULE 3.12

16. Plaintiff's deliberate attempts to avoid a properly noticed deposition could rise to
the level of sanctions. Certainly, filing a motion that includes only unsupported, conclusory
allegations should give rise to sanctions. As the Texas Supreme Court stated in Masinga, 792
S.W.2d 940, "the conclusory allegations of the movant amounted to little more than a general
objection to any form of discovery authorized by Tex.R.Civ.P. 202(1). As such, in the future this
type of motion could support the entry of sanctions rather than the granting of relief. Masinga,
792 S.W.2d at 941. Rule 215 provides "[t]he court may, after opportunity for hearing, require the
moving party [or attorney] ... to pay to the party ... who opposed the motion the reasonable
expenses incurred in opposing the motion, including attorneys' fees." Tex. R. Civ. P. 215.1(d).

17. Defendants timely served their notice of deposition and request for documents.
And, despite agreeing to the date and time for Plaintiff's deposition, Plaintiff decides he does not
want to be deposed but fails to provide any evidence in support of his motion to quash or request
for protective order. At the same time, Plaintiff notices Defendants' depositions to occur with
inadequate notice and attempted to jockey for position by choosing earlier dates for them to
occur. Next, even though Defendants have provided multiple dates for their depositions, Plaintiff
has yet to serve a notice or attempt to schedule the depositions.
18. Defendants request the Court deny Plaintiff's motion in its entirety and order
Plaintiff's deposition to be conducted with five (5) days of the order subject to being held in
contempt if Plaintiff disobeys the order. Last, Defendants request that the Court award
reasonable expenses incurred in opposing Plaintiff's motion.

VI.
PRAYER

WHEREFORE, PREMISES CONSIDERED, Defendants request that the Court deny
the Motion filed by Victor Mignogna, deny the improper request for a protective order, order
Plaintiff's deposition to occur within five (5) days, award Defendants' reasonable expenses for
Plaintiff's conduct in avoiding his deposition and for filing a motion and request for protective
orders without any discernable basis or evidence.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit! Blackface Lawyer getting called out: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1salWLHQMWXAUUM_N2JCTiiAZAVEMp-WL/view

I knew those livestreams would end up being used against them. They're also seeking fees and arguing sanctions:
giphy.gif

Get fucked blackface lawyer.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It's sad when the guy from Digital Homicide seemed to more professional and had it more together than these actual professional lawyers are.

And the guy from digital homicide was a total shitshow when it came to the courtroom stuff. Even he knew to stop posting publically and to respond to motions on time.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
So blackface lawyer would have avoided having this filed if he could just stick to the schedule that he already agreed to and was set around him and his client or given a reason why they couldn't do the original date?

And he randomly drops a request for a confidentiality agreement so that the public can't see them discussing this scheduling debacle?

And then he tried to file a request to get the confidentiality agreement and avoid the date he already agreed to?

What could May 30th possibly be that they're avoiding it?

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
So blackface lawyer would have avoided having this filed if he could just stick to the schedule that he already agreed to and was set around him and his client or given a reason why they couldn't do the original date?

And he randomly drops a request for a confidentiality agreement so that the public can't see them discussing this scheduling debacle?

And then he tried to file a request to get the confidentiality agreement and avoid the date he already agreed to?

What could May 30th possibly be that they're avoiding it?

To be clear, blackface lawyer is not the actual lawyer (Beard)

he just has the actual lawyer appear on his live streams, and so on...

Mr. Zero

Apr 22, 2019

Still finding this hilarious! Sure YouTube lawyer will have some sort of emergency stream to tell Vic fans what a load of crap it is. Ironic that constantly going public with the case may end up screwing Vic in the long run. Than again, not surprising since both YouTube lawyer and Beard have as big as egos as Vic. Too caught up in entertaining their fans lol

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Judges tend to take a dim view of folks playing with cases outside of court. I wouldn't be shocked if they slap a universal gag order on everybody. Also I wonder how aware Vic is of all of this.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Judges tend to take a dim view of folks playing with cases outside of court. I wouldn't be shocked if they slap a universal gag order on everybody. Also I wonder how aware Vic is of all of this.

Yeah, that's the thing. Maybe it's generous, but I've never gotten the sense that Vic was distinctly wanting any of the ridiculous lawyer stuff to happen. Of course, he hasn't done anything to stop it either.

I'm just thankful they're bringing it into the mix, in any case.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I wouldn't be surprised if they're just telling Vic, "Let us worry about the law stuff. We promise you this is a slam dunk and we are running rings around them."

Stryk3r

May 8, 2019
You gotta think at some point Beard is gonna have to call him and just be like "Okay dude shut the fuck up this getting serious."

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Probably not since if he was going to that literally would have been yesterday.

That reminds me. Didn't those scammers say something was going to go down today?

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I wonder how long it will take before we hear:

"Yeah, but you see, the reason why this is actually a win for Vic is because..."