• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
So Roosterteeth's twitter account has been getting spammed by Vic stans since they cut ties... a lot of their claims were laughable from "Vic is going to bankrupt them" to "all RWBY fans want Vic back" but this...

Vic's situation is the same as the lynching and discrimination received by minorities

Yes I'm sure Vic wasn't kicked out because Roosterteeth either didn't want a creep or didn't want the bad pr but because he was rich and white the most oppressed people in the world

Also is vic even rich he's a va he's probably probably just comfortable at most

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I don't think it's fake. There are many people like this on twitter. The platform is an outrage vacuum where people scream at comments.

Well I knew I'd be setting myself up for failure if I didn't say almost. XD

Maybe it is because I'm not a Twitter user but some of her posts just come off as a boisterous tryhard. Like, "Welp, it's Saturday, time go kick a puppy because that's how I roll!" where it just sounds like words and not actual thoughts or actions.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I mean we've known conservative-minded marginalized folks can and have used their group's historical suffering as an allegory-shield for well-off, cis white men being held accountable or critiqued. It's thankfully not too common, but it's always a bit perverse to see.

Regardless of your race, comparing anything related to #MeToo to a witch hunt or lynching is horrific. These men and other sexual abusers aren't being murdered or even imprisoned. They're being called out and forced to change their ways or go away forever- the latter of which, MANY of these guys can afford to do. Those who can't will always be able to find a subsistence job somewhere thanks to the patriarchal and white supremacist structure of our country.

Equating this to people being murdered by a mob due to sexism or racism is vile. Hell, equating it to imprisonment is just foolish.

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do I keep seeing bullshit about accusations being "proven false" and yet can't find a single instance of that actually happening?

Mr. Zero

Apr 22, 2019
Why do I keep seeing bullshit about accusations being "proven false" and yet can't find a single instance of that actually happening?

Didn't you know?! All these YouTubers are expert investigators and have managed to disprove every claim that Vic did something wrong in a matter of days!.......at least that's what the delusional think....

sugururu

Apr 16, 2019
Didn't you know?! All these YouTubers are expert investigators and have managed to disprove every claim that Vic did something wrong in a matter of days!.......at least that's what the delusional think....
Ah yes, the same youtubers who blame the LEFTIST NPC SJW FEMINIST WOMEN BOOGEYMEN for all vic's wrongdoings, according to their video titles. All they're missing is the rest of the alt right's least favorite groups. That's the kind of lunacy they're fostering.

I couldn't even search Jamie or Monica's names and see videos pertaining to their actual voicework, because the results were filled with sensationalist yellow journalism lies and slanderous videos blaming them for Vic's actions. God I fucking hate YouTube.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.

Gotta enforce that narrative. At best, I'm assuming it's just stuff like the Swatting incident and, uh, that one girl from the ANN article who had a consensual hug from Vic or something.

But hey, all those decade-plus allegations? Totally proven wrong because the Youtube demagogues said so.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Taking a peak at her feed she's so over the top deranged I'd almost call fake.

My very first thought was "how come these people always pretend to be black women," so yeah, agreed. It just feels really unnatural for anyone to actually open with, as a black lady, I'm concerned with how the treatment of this white man is so similar to generations of violent racial injustice. That sounds like cosplay to me, but you know. #notyourshield

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
There have been cases of real black people defending this stuff, not saying that this one particular case is real or not. But never the less even if that person is black or not it doesn't mean that they can speak for the entire community.
In the end it's basicaly a reverse "black friend" defense, like "I'm black and give my frined Skinhead Mcgge the privilige to use the N-word". They don't realize that the world doesn't work like that.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
What wasn't he banned for? Considering his channel was full of targeted harassment towards Marzgurl, renfamous, Monica Rial, Ron Toye etc. etc. etc.

OH I get he was a piece of shit. So are a lot similar people on Twitter and they rarely receive permabanns. Wanted to know what tipped the scales.

Between the first couple minutes of his latest yt channel and the snarkiness of his "intern" on the new account, seems like sort of body-shaming which I'm assuming translates to normal people as some sort of targeted harassment of an individual.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I don't watch his videos. My recommendations already get cringey shit I don't want to taint it further.

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
There have been cases of real black people defending this stuff, not saying that this one particular case is real or not. But never the less even if that person is black or not it doesn't mean that they can speak for the entire community.
In the end it's basicaly a reverse "black friend" defense, like "I'm black and give my frined Skinhead Mcgge the privilige to use the N-word". They don't realize that the world doesn't work like that.

Yeah, check out this jackass's defense of blackface:
https://i.redd.it/pkrqhdy22aq21.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrWVGkfUcAARhxX.jpg

stupei

Oct 26, 2017

There's that one screenshot of someone saying she's the girl in one of the pictures and that she doesn't think what Vic did was wrong. She definitely is not lying about being that girl, we just know that for sure, and also that proves that literally all the other instances where he was accused of touching fans that didn't want it where there appears to be photographic evidence is definitely false. If they don't have photos, we don't believe them. If they're just adult professionals who risked their career to say he did these things where nobody could see it, we don't believe them. The only thing we believe happened is the jelly bean because other people saw it, and that was just a JOKE, man.

So there. All proven false!

That basically appears to be how it's done.

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's that one screenshot of someone saying she's the girl in one of the pictures and that she doesn't think what Vic did was wrong. She definitely is not lying about being that girl, we just know that for sure.

I'm only vaguely aware of the details on this picture story. So it's never been proven the girl in the pic actually was the one claiming there was nothing wrong with what was happening in it? It could basically just have been faked bullshit like that thing where someone was suggesting shopping pics to make Vic look worse?

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
I'm only vaguely aware of the details on this picture story. So it's never been proven the girl in the pic actually was the one claiming there was nothing wrong with what was happening in it? It could basically just have been faked bullshit like that thing where someone was suggesting shopping pics to make Vic look worse?

I mean I don't know how anyone can indisputably prove whether or not someone on the internet is the person in the image on the internet that they say they are, unless they're someone well known or can provide a shoe on head style photo.

It could very well be that girl is the one in the photo. Maybe she is and maybe she isn't. That doesn't actually prove anything at all. If one girl in one photo has no problem with Vic, it doesn't actually prove anything about anything except that single photo.

I'm not even sure the photo being referred to was ever supposed to be about a specific girl with a specific complaint. Many, many photos of girls (usually with faces blurred) with Vic were shared around in those early days of the accusations coming to light as examples of "look how close he gets to these underage girls." Many of those were never actually people saying, "I am this girl, and I am mad." Of course, some of them were.

Was the photo this girl says is her ever intended to be the latter? Or was it just an example of how weirdly close Vic puts himself to underage girls? No idea. The whole thread of that part of the discussion was left deliberately hard to follow.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Blackface lawyer's Twitter account got permabanned.
https://twitter.com/NickRekieta

He's already ban evading, might be worth reporting.
https://twitter.com/LawArchive

I tried reporting it but couldn't find any "Alt Account" reason. I just reported for further Targeted Harassment.

Considering he seems to say most of the same shit in his videos as he does on Twitter any chance of getting his Youtube account shut down too?

I hope, but for some reason I'm more doubtful YouTube would do anything than Twitter.

Nice Darkstalkers avatar, btw!

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I don't know how anyone can indisputably prove whether or not someone on the internet is the person in the image on the internet that they say they are, unless they're someone well known or can provide a shoe on head style photo.

It could very well be that girl is the one in the photo. Maybe she is and maybe she isn't. That doesn't actually prove anything at all. If one girl in one photo has no problem with Vic, it doesn't actually prove anything about anything except that single photo.

I'm not even sure the photo being referred to was ever supposed to be about a specific girl with a specific complaint. Many, many photos of girls (usually with faces blurred) with Vic were shared around in those early days of the accusations coming to light as examples of "look how close he gets to these underage girls." Many of those were never actually people saying, "I am this girl, and I am mad." Of course, some of them were.

Was the photo this girl says is her ever intended to be the latter? Or was it just an example of how weirdly close Vic puts himself to underage girls? No idea. The whole thread of that part of the discussion was left deliberately hard to follow.

Yeah, my understanding is the same- that it was just people going "here are some pictures where he was creeping on girls", including but not entirely made up of people posting pictures of themselves. And then one of the people in the pictures went "actually, I was cool with it", so for some reason people are taking that as it being the only example and/or that someone was pretending to be her, such that the whole thing is "proven false" because ???

Why exactly did he get banned

Unless he himself posts a message from Twitter listing the offending tweet(s), I don't think there's a way to know specifically.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Extremely unlikely.

In Australia for instance we have a codified defence to defamation called fair reporting.

Not sure if Texas have a statute but I know they have the common law defences of fair comment/criticism and public figure.

The latter especially applies in journalism. The only way I could see them initiating proceedings would be if there were some investigative journalism that published new, or more specific allegations.

You're right about the posturing though. As someone in the same field the entire way Mignogna's side is conducted themselves is childish and frankly, embarrassing.

In the US, the truth is an absolute defense against defamation. In other words, if your reporting is truthful, it cannot be defamatory.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
I worry that Vic's mob will get Rekieta unbanned. It seems like if enough people make a stink about it, sites like Twitter and YouTube will cave.

Hopefully that doesn't happen. Their obsession with renfamous is downright creepy. Really, everything that crowd does is super disturbing.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I worry that Vic's mob will get Rekieta unbanned. It seems like if enough people make a stink about it, sites like Twitter and YouTube will cave.

Hopefully that doesn't happen. Their obsession with renfamous is downright creepy. Really, everything that crowd does is super disturbing.
I mean, they got Renfamous banned in the first place. They will be able to get him unbanned, easy. It's the sad reality of social media.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been evidence of that already? As in, has anyone involved in a harassment campaign been reinstated due to popular demand?

At any rate, I don't think Rekieta is the source of the issue, is he? I haven't looked at the coverage here but I've been assuming it's a Gamergate situation where it's a loose network of people supporting each other, albeit maybe without leading to Breitbart.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes Twitter bans are temp bans starting from when you delete the offending tweet(s), which they show to you.

So it wouldn't necessarily be an active reinstatement if he shows back up.

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has there been evidence of that already? As in, has anyone involved in a harassment campaign been reinstated due to popular demand?

At any rate, I don't think Rekieta is the source of the issue, is he? I haven't looked at the coverage here but I've been assuming it's a Gamergate situation where it's a loose network of people supporting each other, albeit maybe without leading to Breitbart.

He is definitely A source if nothing else. He's the one that is supplying the talking points that the mob are repeating ad nauseum, so he is absolutely at the core of this entire thing.

Oh, and on a related note, I got a message from Twitter telling me why they banned him... official reason is "hateful conduct" which is more than fair. Dude was a hateful piece of shit.

He has absolutely been banned with good cause, there is no reason for them to undo it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
There's that one screenshot of someone saying she's the girl in one of the pictures and that she doesn't think what Vic did was wrong. She definitely is not lying about being that girl, we just know that for sure, and also that proves that literally all the other instances where he was accused of touching fans that didn't want it where there appears to be photographic evidence is definitely false. If they don't have photos, we don't believe them. If they're just adult professionals who risked their career to say he did these things where nobody could see it, we don't believe them. The only thing we believe happened is the jelly bean because other people saw it, and that was just a JOKE, man.

So there. All proven false!

That basically appears to be how it's done.
This is it, there is no convincing these people. They're fanatically minded about it.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Milo Twitter has been a meme for years and he was big I doubt he's getting reinstated

Honestly depends what he got banned for though Twitter apparently only bans as a Last resort and gives a lot of leeway so basically once you're banned you're banned

Dark Cover

Apr 20, 2019
on Vic Case, out of the 3 points one need to win a Defamation case (a lie, malicious intent and Done Public) he has both 2 and 3rd, he would then "only need" to prove that the statements were lies, but this on its own is the hardest part, cause, unless some weird evidences comes up, it will comes to "my word vs they word" and that alone gets really murky.
The problem with all this is that Vic does not have to prove that the statements are lies, the accused have to prove that the statements are true. If one statement, like Ron and his "over 100 women" cannot be proven by names and statements, Ron loses. Sad

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with all this is that Vic does not have to prove that the statements are lies, the accused have to prove that the statements are true. If one statement, like Ron and his "over 100 women" cannot be proven by names and statements, Ron loses. Sad

Not necessarily the case. He is suing for defamation. Which in this case he has to prove that the specific people he is suing are the ones responsible for the defamation and not the many others of accusations. Then they are going to look at this case. Even without the investigation that got Funi to part ways with him, there are so many accusations with pictures. Not just recently, but over many years of this behavior. That is gonna throw it into doubt. Because Vic can not deny these meetings did not happen, and he has to push the idea that these moments were 100% just him being friendly and consensual touching and words.

The defense does not have to prove someone's feelings. If his actions were felt to be inappropriate and people were felt then that is all hat is needed for the defense as they already have proof on many things. Heck if that jellybean or whatever incident is true, that is already enough to throw Vic attitude and behavior into doubt within the court.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't the burden of proof in court cases lie with the Accuser, so if Vic can't prove it they're not guilty?

I'm not sure where you'd get the idea otherwise. No one has legally accused Vic of anything, so there's no innocent until proven guilty on his end. He's claiming defamation, so he's the one who needs to have proof for his statement. It's a weird claim to make.

I also think that's a weird first post, but whatever.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure where you'd get the idea otherwise. No one has legally accused Vic of anything, so there's no innocent until proven guilty on his end. He's claiming defamation, so he's the one who needs to have proof for his statement. It's a weird claim to make.

I also think that's a weird first post, but whatever.

You misread my post i think. I said Vic needs to prove the accusations (that the accused are telling lies) true, because he's the accuser in a Suit.