• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bigosc

Oct 27, 2017
Working themselves into a shoot, as people on this forum like to say.
I was more quoting this
you-gonna-get-this-work.gif

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You got it wrong, Todd doesn't like Vic, but he outed himself as a rapist during all of this.
Ah sorry, my bad. Though it shows how bad a state this is in that a) a guy who doesn't even like Vic is still willing to flock to the crowd supporting him in order to watch his own scummy back, and b) the extent of these guys' crimes and behaviour is such that you nearly can't keep tabs on them throughout this.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Ah sorry, my bad. Though it shows how bad a state this is in that a) a guy who doesn't even like Vic is still willing to flock to the crowd supporting him in order to watch his own scummy back, and b) the extent of these guys' crimes and behaviour is such that you nearly can't keep tabs on them throughout this.
Todd isn't supporting Vic either, the last I heard he was happy about Vic getting shit on.

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
So, hey, now's as good a time as any to remind folks that Nick didn't disclose that he had known Beard for years before all this went down at any time before starting up the GoFundMe for Vic's defenses.
rekieta.thumb.JPG.9cf5c2a4c6de42b764c42d0d7bef0911.JPG

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Hahahaha, oh man, they actually filed a suit.

Vic has no chance in hell. He is bringing the case so he has to prove it. And he's gonna have a hard time doing so.

TeamLeftMatch

Oct 25, 2017
What are the Vic defenders going to do when he gets fucking slammed in this lawsuit (they'll probably just claim the law is bullshit while learning nothing).
I have no idea why he would even do this, I don't see any outcome where he wins this.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, hey, now's as good a time as any to remind folks that Nick didn't disclose that he had known Beard for years before all this went down at any time before starting up the GoFundMe for Vic's defenses.
rekieta.thumb.JPG.9cf5c2a4c6de42b764c42d0d7bef0911.JPG

Grifters gonna grift. It just so happens Trumpers, alt-righters/Nazis and misogynistic sexual assault supporters have open pocket books and are easy targets.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
We live in a hell-universe where Ken Penders won his lawsuit against Archie/Sega so I'm not gonna say Vic's definitely going to lose. But I doubt we'll hear much about any of this for about a year or so.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I guess if you're vic and it's someone else's money why not take the long odds? He has almost no chance of winning same way digital homicide has almost no way of winning when they sued Sterling, but I don't think he has much more to lose. His chosen profession has already (and rightly) shut him out and he's become a laughing stock outside of the alt-right anime fans.

At least once this lawsuit gets thrown out/vic loses his supporters will have even less leg to stand on.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
We live in a hell-universe where Ken Penders won his lawsuit against Archie/Sega so I'm not gonna say Vic's definitely going to lose. But I doubt we'll hear much about any of this for about a year or so.

The Ken Pender situation is WORLDS different than this. Penders had an actual point and an actual legal case.

This is literally someone suing because "How dare you not like me!"

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Delved into ANN comments... I'm still trying to figure out how anyone thinks that this will turn out well for Vic short of Funi deciding to settle out of court.

And Funi deciding to settle out of court proves nothing and does far from him getting future jobs. Also, why do people think that he's got a future in LA? Just because he was allowed to finish recording for Rohan? Given it's LA it might well be the actors have better contracts that can't be suddenly severed. The true test will be to see if he's in any future LA dubs, which will take a while, but I'd guess not. Though many LA actors have stayed silent, they have been liking posts related to KickVic since it started, and a number have spoken out. So. *shrug*

Edit: I'm repeating myself at this point I know, I'm just. Utterly bewildered.

Last edited:

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
So many idiots think Vic is going to easily win this, lmao. They are in for a rude awakening.

Delved into ANN comments... I'm still trying to figure out how anyone thinks that this will turn out well for Vic short of Funi deciding to settle out of court.

And Funi deciding to settle out of court proves nothing and does far from him getting future jobs. Also, why do people think that he's got a future in LA? Just because he was allowed to finish recording for Rohan? Given it's LA it might well be the actors have better contracts that can't be suddenly severed. The true test will be to see if he's in any future LA dubs, which will take a while, but I'd guess not. Though many LA actors have stayed silent, they have been liking posts related to KickVic since it started, and a number have spoken out. So. *shrug*
I really don't see Funi settling out of court on this, Vic has no case and settling out of court would send a pretty bad message.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I certainly hope they don't. I was hoping they could avoid court altogether for the victims' sake but... At this point they should pursue.
I've got a pretty good feeling Funi and Sony are going to fight this, especially since the suit claims there was a conspiracy.
That and Blackface and Vic's Lawyer dragging them and their VAs through the mud during this whole thing and even getting a hold of a confidential document and leaking details from it.

Deleted member 5334

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's kinda interesting that someone pointed this out in the ANN thread (I also noticed this too), there's a lot of men that are posting there from non-English speaking countries. I wanna say they're just burner accounts picking countries at random, but on the same side... I could see it, too.

Either way... They're definitely having a field day over this. What kinda gets me is the fact that Vic is filing a lawsuit to a company with HUGE industry power over the acting/voicing industry (Sony Pictures), which, regardless if he wins or loses, there's a huge chance said company will get him black listed from every recording facility in LA and the like. So what is even his end goal here? I don't understand...

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
What's kinda interesting that someone pointed this out in the ANN thread (I also noticed this too), there's a lot of men that are posting there from non-English speaking countries. I wanna say they're just burner accounts picking countries at random, but on the same side... I could see it, too.

Either way... They're definitely having a field day over this. What kinda gets me is the fact that Vic is filing a lawsuit to a company with HUGE industry power over the acting/voicing industry (Sony Pictures), which, regardless if he wins or loses, there's a huge chance said company will get him black listed from every recording facility in LA and the like. So what is even his end goal here? I don't understand...
I believe his end goal is to either get that $1mil or to settle out of court with a cushy retirement nest egg.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The fact they're pursuing this as a civil conspiracy is *hilarious*. Like, they actually seem to think the Sony investigation and resulting fallout was purely a ploy to make Vic lose his job purely because fuck that guy. Guess those 15 years of convention stories were part of the conspiracy too. Also the 1989 incident, totes a conspiracy.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
The fact they're pursuing this as a civil conspiracy is *hilarious*. Like, they actually seem to think the Sony investigation and resulting fallout was purely a ploy to make Vic lose his job purely because fuck that guy. Guess those 15 years of convention stories were part of the conspiracy too. Also the 1989 incident, totes a conspiracy.
All those posts on various forums and social media over the years were just sleeper agents, planting seeds for 2019 when Monica Rial and MarzGurl would get Vic fired for... reasons.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
is it me or is the civil conspiracy part going to be by far the most difficult thing for these idiots to prove, i mean defamation is one thing(which has basically no chance), but proving that it was all a plot seems like it would need much more concrete evidence than some tweets

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
is it me or is the civil conspiracy part going to be by far the most difficult thing for these idiots to prove, i mean defamation is one thing(which has basically no chance), but proving that it was all a plot seems like it would need much more concrete evidence than some tweets

Wouldn't he need to somehow prove the 20+ years of accusations false?

Which let's just say, will be impossible.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Probably shouldn't have tuned into the stream but the two of them were yukking it up that there's no point in the defendants filing a SLAPP motion because of the time and effort and expense involved in going through the evidence and preparing that motion is likely more than the defendant can bear. That in and of itself is almost an admission that there is a collateral purpose behind the action.

God, that's almost levels of "taking notes on a criminal conspiracy" obviously dumb

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
It looks to me like the entire case hinges on Vic insisting that he didn't do any of this stuff and demanding proof, which means that if any of the defendants actually do bring up any - including just naming some people they referred to because that information is requested - then the whole willful defamation bit falls apart because they had reason to believe what they said.

I'm assuming a hell of a lot about how these things work, so maybe it's just a thing where they make an exaggerated claim in the hopes that it still gets cut down to a favourable position. But just looking at the petition, it repeatedly pushes the narrative that this is a willful and intentional conspiracy, which is much more specific than just claiming that what they said wasn't true.

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019
To explain why Vic is doing this, martyrdom. He literally has absolutely NOTHING to lose here and LOTS to gain. He wins the case, he'll be exonerated of all past and future accusations. He loses, he'll be just another "innocent" victim of a corrupt systems setup to punish good Christian men like him that was setup by a shadowy cabal of people who want to steal roles from him. That's the entire narrative going on. Even settling out of court would be a massive win since it would be as close to a full exoneration in people's eyes. It's all about both ego and knowledge that even if he loses the suit, he has an easy fallback in grifting edgelord incels and other at-right trash.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really really reeeeeeeeally hope Funi and the VAs dominate this case. Anything less and the toxic sludge of hateful Vic fans will be empowered like crazy. Even an out of court settlement would be all they need to feel vindicated.

ChristianH94

Apr 14, 2019
If he loses this, he loses the argument of "guilty until proven in court" that has been thrown around, and I actually hope that's the case. I myself do strongly believe that yeah people should be innocent until proven guilty, but that doesn't excuse intimidating anyone who thinks Vic's attitude and apology to this drama isn't sincere, nor does it excuse going after the people who spoke out about this and claiming they're lying criminals who are part of some crazy insane conspiracy and then attempt to ruin their lives and also their family members who have nothing to do with this.

I've been following this since day one and I have been beyond disappointed in Vic. Even forgetting sexual misconduct claims for a second, Vic is himself an egomaniac and someone who more or less bullies his way into getting what he wants and this whole lawsuit is really no different. Whether or not he will win this suit I'm gonna be honest and say I don't know even though I think he won't, but my god do I love seeing jerks get what's rightfully deserved and I'm gonna be watching the show that this is until it's completely over.

It would be one thing if he actually acknowledged his faults and apologized for them, I've done some nasty shit in the past myself that I'm not proud of, but instead he doubles down and we get this and it's led to his ego actually going as far as trying this whatever the hell you want to call this dumbass stunt.

Last edited:

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The only things give me pleasure about the whole thing is that Penders was blacklisted by the comics industry for the stunt he pulled

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
If he loses this, he loses the argument of "guilty until proven in court" that has been thrown around, and I actually hope that's the case.

Does it? People throw that around, but that phrase has a specific meaning. This isn't a criminal case and Vic isn't the defendant, so innocent until proven guilty has only been applied to him by his defenders in Internet court. We're talking a matter of financial damages instead of guilt and it's Vic that has something to prove.

In reality, I don't think the question would ever come up in court, because actually proving sex offenders guilty beyond a reasonable doubt is a difficult matter, and Vic would be completely off his rocker to try to make a criminal charge, which would be harder to pull off. So I wouldn't be surprised if this lands at a much less conclusive finding, like the defendants had reason to believe that Vic was an offender or something along those lines.

(Texas does have a criminal version of defamation apparently, but I have no idea how it differs and it doesn't seem like he used it anyway.)

ChristianH94

Apr 14, 2019
Does it? People throw that around, but that phrase has a specific meaning. This isn't a criminal case and Vic isn't the defendant, so innocent until proven guilty has only been applied to him by his defenders in Internet court.

And you'd be absolutely correct, however the narrative being presented right now with this mob is "Vic's innocent JUST WAIT BECAUSE THIS LAWSUIT IS GONNA PROVE IT HAH" and on paper, if you're not fully invested in this, hearing that does sound pretty damning until you look more into it and realize this suit's insane. If they lose the lawsuit, they could definitely try and say that Vic's a victim still and of course he's gonna have people advocate for him, but as for the more moderate people that support Vic just because of this idea that he's standing up for something and there's false allegations against him that can be proven in court that he's gonna fight: they will realize they've been played and Vic and Co. won't be able to rally them up in the way they've been doing so far anymore.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
My favourite comment is that one guy who's comparing what's happening with Vic to literal lynchings in the past

Super Saiyajin Yikes God Blue

There was also one post using Monica Rial's choice of hairstyle as an example of why she's "unprofessional." And another dude saying that blocking people on Twitter is unprofessional because it could be blocking fans.

The way the people supporting Vic talk about Monica is really chilling to me. It's like she isn't even a person. Funny how in these situations, the focus ends up being on a woman. And it pretty much always happens like this. Gee, I wonder why women don't want to come forward after being sexually harassed/insulted etc.

I've had friends who've been sexually assaulted in the past and that thread makes me feel sick just reading it. There's just no sense of empathy to be found.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
Seeing the comments posted on that ANN thread and of course the laughable defense of him at the other board ... littered with "SJWS WANNA CONTROL EVERYTHING... NO PROOF!!" just cracks me up. The mental gymnastics...

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
There was also one post using Monica Rial's choice of hairstyle as an example of why she's "unprofessional." And another dude saying that blocking people on Twitter is unprofessional because it could be blocking fans.

The way the people supporting Vic talk about Monica is really chilling to me. It's like she isn't even a person. Funny how in these situations, the focus ends up being on a woman. And it pretty much always happens like this. Gee, I wonder why women don't want to come forward after being sexually harassed/insulted etc.

I've had friends who've been sexually assaulted in the past and that thread makes me feel sick just reading it. There's just no sense of empathy to be found.

Hair style is extremely important in voice work. /s

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible the plan for BFL and Beardface here is to just prolong this as long as they possibly can?

Like they know they'll lose, but the longer they can keep it going, the more money they can scam off of the idiots emptying their wallets for them?

Do they have any options for just... drawing it out without a verdict like that?

Also the 1989 incident, totes a conspiracy.

1989 incident? What happened there?

Can the judge have the case thrown out?

Maybe I'm being far too cynical here... but is there any chance a Judge might just ignore common sense and side with Vic? I admit, I have a VERY low opinion of the American court system, but there are a ton of religious nut republican asshole judges there who I'm worried will be more concerned with protecting one of their own than doing their job.

Maybe this is just paranoid bullshit on my part... but the state of the US on every level right now...

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I posted this in the ANN thread (I don't know why I even tried to post there, what they allow to get by is way too frustrating) but like.

It's very funny that for all the "innocent till proven guilty!!!", many of his supporters seem to miss what him being the prosecution, not the defendant(s), actually means here.

Like if you're assuming he's got this easy cause the defendants need to prove they're not lying... you're literally assuming they're guilty until proven innocent. So apparently it's fine to think that when it suits your conspiracies in court, but in contexts completely unrelated to a courtroom you're going to scream the opposite...?

you'd think they'd have managed to pick up on this, but... lol

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
y'all really think a company with a deeper warchest than one voice actor would settle?

hell nah

you get that creep in front of a jury he's losing the civil case, 100%

his lawyer is some random guy at some no name firm too. Funimation can afford to handle a whole different class of litigator

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
So I haven't been following this closely and I'm pretty out of the loop.
I just want to know how much damage is this doing to the Dragon Ball IP and Toei?