• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
boogie2988_middle_by_digi_matrix-db3h3ud.gif

This is almost digital self-harm at this stage because every time I see that phrase, I can't not see the boogie gif and it plays havoc on my blood pressure.
It's his smile at the end that makes me start to twitch uncontrollably.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Imagine spending all this time reporting people on Twitter and arranging these types of harassment campaigns... these people have really sad sad lives holy shit.

RzrManifest

Banned
Feb 20, 2019
From what she said in the original tweets, it was actually that he was caught with a shady program he was using to pirate shows. I can't remember if it had infected his computer and added CP or if the police just considered having the program to be equivalent.
I used that excuse when my mom found some lewd comics on the family computer. Doubt that's gonna fly with the feds, tho.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know who this is but I always thought he was being sarcastic.
Boogie rose to "prominence" amongst gamer fans through the likes of privileged white joke skits like this:

And chimed well with said gaming fans (who unironically found his shtick funny, for the most part). He used his position to indulge in as much fence sitting and lip service to "both sides" of one crisis to the next, quickly learning, much like Jontron, he has a majority of fans who lean to the right, and as such by the time of GG was versed well enough to fan the flames of whataboutism, victim blaming, and "both sides", whilst steering very clear from ever remotely criticising anything the GG was doing, and throwing a lot of sideways digs at women and any voice of reason.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
The other dumb/cringy shit was that stupid #fearthebeard shit... like what's that supposed to mean, telling people to fear some hack lawyer sure sounds like you're on the morally right side of things.
You wanna see some real cringe shit? https://www.etsy.com/listing/689929719/fear-the-beard-patch

il_fullxfull.1821909490_bb6f.jpg

Do you stand with Vic? Do you want to let others know you support the lost Primach Ty-Beardius and his Amazon Legion of Doom? Well look no further than your custom Fear the Beard patch.

#Istandwithvic
#fearthebeard
10% of profits will be donated to the gofundme for Vic.

Max of 4 patches per order due to shipping.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
are people now trying to profit off of someone profiting off of this

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus... apparently blackface lawyer is doing a 24 hour livestream tomorrow.

I'm honestly wondering if the legal team doesn't have shit and all this is gonna dry up after kamehacon. This 24 hour livestream screams last ditch effort to try and milk as much money as possible out of people before they start catching on.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
The con that got trashed and robbed is back at it again. Now they're claiming that only some of the people involved were kickvic supporters and, conveniently enough, they were underage so they didn't press charges... Even though they only returned some of the stolen equipment and apologized for the vandalism.

According to them from the leaked discord chat all the damage and stolen equipment amounted to around $30,000... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that after a certain amount it becomes a felony and you couldn't choose not to press charges. Plus they're claiming theft and vandalism, most likely breaking and entering too since they said everything was trashed when they arrived in the morning.

But of course after all this they're already planning another event for October, that they've already invited Vic to and claims he's "excited to come", and anyone who comes dressed as a character Vic voiced will get in free.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The con that got trashed and robbed is back at it again. Now they're claiming that only some of the people involved were kickvic supporters and, conveniently enough, they were underage so they didn't press charges... Even though they only returned some of the stolen equipment and apologized for the vandalism.

According to them from the leaked discord chat all the damage and stolen equipment amounted to around $30,000... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that after a certain amount it becomes a felony and you couldn't choose not to press charges. Plus they're claiming theft and vandalism, most likely breaking and entering too since they said everything was trashed when they arrived in the morning.

But of course after all this they're already planning another event for October, that they've already invited Vic to and claims he's "excited to come", and anyone who comes dressed as a character Vic voiced will get in free.
I'm sorry, there was a convention that got robbed? WTF?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Wait what

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, there was a convention that got robbed? WTF?
Yeah, there was a small like college community thing that claimed kickvic supporters destroyed their gaming room and stage, stole a bunch of equipment, etc. because they came out in support of Vic. Despite the fact that they acknowledged that stuff was left unsecured and a bunch of "shady homeless people" were hanging around. This happened about a month ago, I think. It was discussed in the thread.

Also, for some reason, blackface lawyer was in attendance and was supposed to speak there.

It all sounds hella shady.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there was a small like college community thing that claimed kickvic supporters destroyed their gaming room and stage, stole a bunch of equipment, etc. because they came out in support of Vic. Despite the fact that they acknowledged that stuff was left unsecured and a bunch of "shady homeless people" were hanging around. This happened about a month ago, I think. It was discussed in the thread.

Also, for some reason, blackface lawyer was in attendance and was supposed to speak there.

jfc

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sounds like the perfect response to this con is that sureJan gif... yet I'm sure Vic stans will believe them without proof. But wont believe funi/rooster teeth/any side relating kickvic.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

How did they think they could prove "kickvic supporters" were involved? I mean, show me some evidence and Kickvic innocent until proven guilty andandand *vomit*

Obviously it's total bullshit, but it just goes to show how far off the deep end some of these fucking wackos have gone.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Boogie rose to "prominence" amongst gamer fans through the likes of privileged white joke skits like this:

And chimed well with said gaming fans (who unironically found his shtick funny, for the most part). He used his position to indulge in as much fence sitting and lip service to "both sides" of one crisis to the next, quickly learning, much like Jontron, he has a majority of fans who lean to the right, and as such by the time of GG was versed well enough to fan the flames of whataboutism, victim blaming, and "both sides", whilst steering very clear from ever remotely criticising anything the GG was doing, and throwing a lot of sideways digs at women and any voice of reason.

bufbnamzl5o21.png

I fucking love this comic.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"It was kickvic... no wait it was kickvic and some kids...

... okay it was all kids."

So they got robbed and blamed "kickvic" just... because? Were they even robbed at all?

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It was one of the #stand propaganda peddlers that really started pushing the "it was #kickvic" angle. Also, a whole lot more went wrong with that con than just that.

0f5da8db50756d44b4554c945980de94db5d10e5.jpg

D1fl7uhXcAEDlXs

Obviously, the dance stage, tech guy, lighting system, and homeless dude were all #kickvic.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
what's it got to do with funimation even if they were robbed by kickvic people, it's not like Funimation is responsible for that shit

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
The whole thing is just ridiculous to no end.

The same people who say that they won't believe any of Vics victims "without evidence" and don't accept anything are the ones who blindly believe every made up shit that blackfacelawyer, flashkiddo etc. spew.

The only thing even more stupid are the idiots using the #kickvic hashtag to complain that they never saw anyone from standvic to be anything else but civil, but only kickvic are mean. Even a braindead squirrel understands that there are obsessed and toxic assholes on both sides.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
It really bothers me that the accepted "truth" is that Vic is innocent and people at Funi are fumbling the situation. Every YouTube video and Instagram post I follow is still populated by thousands of people "spreading the word about the truth".

Even the new Masako X video today.

47693316dabf665e82d7d3e69678a8b7db64faef975bc59b381e06b281c0dee4a4c2ebd1.jpg

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It really bothers me that the accepted "truth" is that Vic is innocent and people at Funi are fumbling the situation. Every YouTube video and Instagram post I follow is still populated by thousands of people "spreading the word about the truth".

It's really damn annoying. They seriously seem to believe Funimation is going to bring him back or something. I'm wondering what'll happen when it's made clear that's not happening?

I'm thankfully the RWBY subreddit banned discussion of that shit outside designated threads.

I'm not looking forward to the mess that people are going to make when they announce his replacement.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

A lot of nutters have realized that you can override a narrative by overloading the web with so much spam that it becomes all a layperson sees.

It especially helps when you're in high school or college and have literally nothing else going on in your life outside of classes.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia

To be fair I imagine that those 'thousands' are actually a considerably smaller number of people with fake accounts who go screaming about it everywhere. It gives the impression of them being all-encompassing, when in reality, I think most people know damn well he's guilty, they just don't feel the need to bleat about it everywhere, because the right side already won.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
boogie2988_middle_by_digi_matrix-db3h3ud.gif

This is almost digital self-harm at this stage because every time I see that phrase, I can't not see the boogie gif and it plays havoc on my blood pressure.

The icing on the cake is really diving into what he means by "meeting in the middle".

One example of "meeting in the middle" according to Boogie is "Gays should have waited one or two decades to legally be allowed to marry so as not to piss of the nazis."

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

Oh man, thank god. I thought for a minute MasakoX was supporting vic, and I just went "Oh no!" Till I scrolled down and read the comments.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
"It was kickvic... no wait it was kickvic and some kids...

... okay it was all kids."

So they got robbed and blamed "kickvic" just... because? Were they even robbed at all?
So basically someone forgot to lock the door on the way out, a group of teens got in and trashed the place, and the person who forgot to lock the door decided to blame #KickVic.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The whole thing is just ridiculous to no end.

The same people who say that they won't believe any of Vics victims "without evidence" and don't accept anything are the ones who blindly believe every made up shit that blackfacelawyer, flashkiddo etc. spew.

The only thing even more stupid are the idiots using the #kickvic hashtag to complain that they never saw anyone from standvic to be anything else but civil, but only kickvic are mean. Even a braindead squirrel understands that there are obsessed and toxic assholes on both sides.

It's always projection and lack of self awareness.
"Sometimes we lie and spin stories of ours so why should we believe other people when they accuse our idols? They might be lying like the way we can too!"

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
Having just come back from WonderCon this weekend, where there was a Dragon Ball Super booth with a whole lot of Broly, my observations were:

1) Nobody tried to kill me (I know, Vic stans, you're really upset about that, let me just cut you off there since I just got somebody in the last 6 hours telling me to slit my throat)
2) Broly stuff existed, but people weren't swarming the Broly stuff by any means
3) There was no pro-Vic/anti-Vic movement to be seen anywhere

Mind you, WonderCon is a multi-culture event run by the same folks who do San Diego Comic Con. But it sort of made it feel like, in all honesty, for as overwhelming as it all feels online, literally nobody in real life gives a shit. This is not the hill to die on.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Having just come back from WonderCon this weekend, where there was a Dragon Ball Super booth with a whole lot of Broly, my observations were:

1) Nobody tried to kill me (I know, Vic stans, you're really upset about that, let me just cut you off there since I just got somebody in the last 6 hours telling me to slit my throat)
2) Broly stuff existed, but people weren't swarming the Broly stuff by any means

Mind you, WonderCon is a multi-culture event run by the same folks who do San Diego Comic Con. But it sort of made it feel like, in all honesty, for as overwhelming as it all feels online, literally nobody in real life gives a shit. This is not the hill to die on.
If they dont die on this hill, they'll find another women hating cause to die on.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Good to know it went smoothly, and fuck whoever told you that.

Yeah I don't think this kind of stuff will be felt that severely offline. Voice actors are replaced all the damn time.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017

First off, fuck the person who told you that, they're scum. Secondly, I'm not surprised about not seeing anything there. It definitely seems like the Vic defenders are an EXTREMELY vocal minority who have multiple twitter accounts to burn, as well as a bunch of _____gaters who jumped on the bandwagon.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there some stat that said that gamergaters were a lot smaller of a population than they seemed they were just spamming so much about it that it made them seem much more prolific than they actually were. I imagine its a similar situation here.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no

I'm glad to hear all of that except for the death threat. That person is horrible & you don't deserve that. But glad to know this is definitely not as bad in real life as it seems to be online. Thanks for the update!

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Just had Google suggest to me a YouTube video that was "MONICA RIAL GOT OWNED AT A CON. VIC INVITED TO 3 MORE CONS."

All I could think was... Really Google.?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for the Dragonball Super to come back and for Broly to be dubbed by someone else, so that it becomes explicitly clear that no one actually gives a shit about the guy that voices Broly.

Just had Google suggest to me a YouTube video that was "MONICA RIAL GOT OWNED AT A CON. VIC INVITED TO 3 MORE CONS."

All I could think was... Really Google.?

YouTube (and Google by extension) is horrible about recommendations. Oh, hey Thammy, I see you looked up one of the fights from Dragonball, you're probably a gigantic fucking misogynist you piece of shit anime fan
Like, you brush into this area in the loosest possible way and then they start trying to push these videos on you.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Google algorithims are awful. Back when this whole drama was bigger it kept quite literally recommending me YellowFlash and Quartering videos about Vic just because I kept typing "Vic" in a Chrome browser on this forum lmfao.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I've never had Youtube recommend me videos based on my Google or internet history, only what I had watched in my Youtube Watch History. I regularly go into my watch history and delete any videos I saw that I don't want to be included in the algorithm. Course, Youtube seems to like to just recommend some total shit-stains and their videos every now and then, so I use the Handy-Dandy "Not Interested > Tell Us Why > Don't want to see this channel" option on Youtube. Sadly, that option can only be used on PC and mobile and only on videos in your recommended feed.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I spent a month getting Bound For Comics Recommendations because I accidently clicked on article once.

On your PC you can fix that. On your phone you can only swipe it away.