• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In a recent interview, Dante's Voice Actor from DMC, Reuben Langdon, stated how he has a "hard time" believing the allegations, talking to two hosts who described to him beforehand how Vic is a victim of a huge conspiracy:

They (including Langdon) also talk about how #metoo and Black Lives Matter have gotten "hijacked" and lament how even just "hugging someone" would be getting interpreted as Sexual Harassement. Very disappointing.

Just an FYI, the two additional other guests they have on this, Hero-Hei and Yellow Flash, are two of the biggest producers of pro-Vic propaganda videos. Not surprising that Reuben would get the most polluted version of the events.

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really wanted to avoid engaging in this but I will never understand these types of statements.

I think what they meant is "Maybe it was a good idea to reboot Devil May Cry without Reuben Langdon because Reuben is starting to look like a piece of shit and the less his voice is out there the better."

It's how I interpret it. If he really is one of these assholes then I'd be fine with us still having real Devil May Cry but without Reuben. People are trying to give him an out by pointing out that he was basically ambushed with the questions and lead to believe certain things, and think maybe, hopefully, he'll re evaluate his stance once he knows more about what Vic has done. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I finally brought myself to watch the video with Reuben, as much as I hated giving the channel a view. I needed to hear what he said. I definitely think this is worthy of its own thread, the relevant part of the conversation of the video just needs to be cropped out and hosted on a video site where the channel doesn't get views for it.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems one of the louder #standwithVic'ers was outed a registered sex offender and pedophile. Details available if you search Xeynas on Twitter. Dude was 23 with a 15 year old. These are the kind of people defending Vic.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Seems one of the louder #standwithVic'ers was outed a registered sex offender and pedophile. Details available if you search Xeynas on Twitter. Dude was 23 with a 15 year old. These are the kind of people defending Vic.

I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of them were like this.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

Wow, I wonder why a sex offender pedophile would want to defend Vic Mignogna.

EDIT: Just noticed the Reuben Langdon bit posted earlier, that's disappointing.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Not at all surprising. If I've learned nothing else from my dealings with Trump supporters/alt-right scumbags in recent years it's that projection is a common thing with nutcases like these... seemingly because they tend to have some serious skeletons in the closet themselves.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Not at all surprising. If I've learned nothing else from my dealings with Trump supporters/alt-right scumbags in recent years it's that projection is a common thing with nutcases like these... seemingly because they tend to have some serious skeletons in the closet themselves.
They all circle the wagons and defend their own so hard because they know, when when one falls, it's only a matter of time before they're next.

Mar 6, 2019
Mar 6, 2019
Newsweek actually covered the beginnings of the Vic situation fairly well. Be nice if they reported on the more recent happenings.

They covered it in the beginning when he was recast with Funimation https://www.newsweek.com/vic-mignogna-rwby-allegations-1318722

And when he was official fired https://www.newsweek.com/vic-mignogna-rwby-allegations-1318722

This was an article that was done in 2018. I might be reading too much into it but am I the only one reading the sarcasm in their voices? https://www.newsweek.com/dragon-ball-super-broly-movie-interview-vic-mignogna-1188314

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So Vic had a role in the Baki dub, & Part 2 got delayed to April 30th. Are we expecting him to be replaced?

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
Huh... guess I'll skip DMC5 then.

Don't worry. You can play the game with Japanese dub.

And after a while i finally registered here to point one thing out. There's a huge reason Rekieta and Flashguy are so involved in the whole thing. It's literally their job by now.

https://imgur.com/mFLsJBj

In comparison Marzgurls channel. Because the Vicstans still think she invented the whole thing in order to boost her views. Pretty hard to do that if you don't make a single video about the issue though.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
iu

This is the company for consumers to watch out for in the AAA space.

time to cancel dante
...realistically, it's time to cancel Big Money.

Last edited:

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems Vic has been kicked by KamehameCon, and the current conspiracy is that Monica Rial and Chris Sabat "bullied" the convention into making this happen. It's not like Vic's entire career is a toxic dumpster fire right now or anything. Nope, it's those mean VAs.

Also, idiots really do think this is some stupid anime bullshit. There's fucking fanart of the lawyers.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Seems Vic has been kicked by KamehameCon, and the current conspiracy is that Monica Rial and Chris Sabat "bullied" the convention into making this happen. It's not like Vic's entire career is a toxic dumpster fire right now or anything. Nope, it's those mean VAs.

Also, idiots really do think this is some stupid anime bullshit. There's fucking fanart of the lawyers.

Pics of the fanart? Not gonna give these guys a YT view.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Also noticed a "STORY & ART" on the "DRAGON BALL JUDGMENT" fanart. Is there a comic/story to go with it????!

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
From what I could see this info came from blackface lawyer who claims he talked to the person in charge of the con and that the person was "harassed on the phone for three hours by Rial and Sabat", and was close to shutting the con down entirely due to the "harassment".

Because that's so much more believable than Vic being cancelled because he's a fucking predator.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Spotted this on PULL, not a good look for Hawaiicon.

Harass those sponsors to get a sexual predator to attend your cons, kids.

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
Spotted this on PULL, not a good look for Hawaiicon.

Harass those sponsors to get a sexual predator to attend your cons, kids.

This answer is actually not really surprising.

One of the Co-Chairs of Hawaiicon is Tim Slater. Full Name Timothy F. Slater.

And what do we find when we google this man?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...s-sexual-harassment-case-came-out-in-congress

Slater became the focus of a University of Arizona investigation in 2004 after several people told school officials about "sexually-charged and retaliatory conduct" in the astronomy department, according to a court filing. While three people interviewed by the university said they never experienced harassment by Slater, the investigation concluded in 2005 that Slater violated the sexual harassment policy because he, as the school put it in a court filing, "conducted himself in a sexual manner."

So yeah.... figures they are defending Vic. Very "Aloha" this guy.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...s-sexual-harassment-case-came-out-in-congress

Disappointed but not surprised.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017

Birds of a feather and all that...

Idk about y'all, but I don't think I'd want my lawyer and the guy running my legal fund to be out here livestreaming and throwing around accusations and insults.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
By chance while looking at the page of someone who was being shitty in replies on Twitter yesterday, I saw some stuff from him, and I guess he's trying to make a point of him not being on the actual legal team so he can get away with stirring shit up about Rial and her SO.

But I'm not sure that - even if you're not considered as representing him - you're really that distant from him if you're managing the fundraising. And I have to assume this kind of behavior from a lawyer isn't going to be seen as a good thing regardless. So I certainly hope he gets what he deserves on that front.

Honestly he just reminds me very much of the people who took advantage of GG to become popular, by continuously stoking the flames and became authority figures in it simply by trying to get attention. So it's grating to see someone do that again, but I'd say it's maybe such a limited niche that he's at least less likely to be harmful beyond this.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Vic having a blackface lawyer does not look good.
Also, sad to see so many people defending the blackface lawyer

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand, why are fanboys so hellbent on defending Vic?
They care more about a perceived injustice to their image of a person than the safety of the people who were actually harmed by him. I mean, how could *they* be wrong about Vic's character? The people saying mean things about Vic are *obviously* in the wrong.

Last edited:

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I legit saw a defender on twitter asking why cosplay is okay but blackface isn't...

This level of cluelessness is made funnier by the fact that every other week I see the people I follow on social media have to reiterate that blackface isn't ok, "even if it's for cosplay" and that if you're dressing as a character with a realistic skintone or different race from yourself you're better just wearing the costume w/o trying to change your skin. Some people are still trying to "but accuracy" their way into an excuse to blackface.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I'm 38 years old... And when I was freaking 8 I knew that blackface was wrong and an embarrassing part of our history here in the United States.

How is this debate happening 30 f-ing years later?!?

I'm 38 years old... And when I was freaking 8 I knew that blackface was wrong and an embarrassing part of our history here in the United States.

Either they 1. aren't aware of the damage it brings or 2. just want to be racist openly.

It funny how the defenders of vic asking for some evidence but will not accept the statements of a large company investigation. It the continue narrative of they only like a company when they agree with the toxic view of their audience.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Either they 1. aren't aware of the damage it brings or 2. just want to be racist openly.
I mean I do get that. I mean how can so many things have progressed forward in understanding and tolerance yet we are somehow debating a settled issue.

An issue so settled that in a rural area with NO black people 30 years ago I knew it was a horrible thing when I was a child.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

Blackface is bizarre to me too. I'm in Canada and wasn't really aware it was a thing until I was a teen, then suddenly I learned that all the American folks song I learned from Bugs Bunny were originally blackface songs, then I learned that people in colleges keep on getting in trouble every year. I feel like I'm eventually going to learn that adaptations of Shakespeare with an all blackface cast are still the most popular form of theatre and I somehow just didn't learn that in all of this time.

Samantha Inoue-Harte has posted a detailed explanation of what actually halted with the supposed 'faked swatting'. Worth a read. And thank you to Marz for tweeting it.
I wonder if whoever did this went online and posted about false flags.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Samantha Inoue-Harte has posted a detailed explanation of what actually happened with the supposed 'faked swatting'. Worth a read. And thank you to Marz for tweeting it.
Been vetted by the fucking police department for accuracy, even. With picture evidence of being harassed by the demented Vic stan. And she has a clear alibi. So unless the police department is in on this whole thing (which is a wild ass thought)... Yeah. This was just a case of someone rightfully shaken reacting with a partial untruth when the reality is still pretty bad.

Oct 26, 2017

Has Sabat come out and made a statement about Vic?

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017