• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Here is Vic's Panel last weekend at PA.

Obviously not mentioning anything on Funimation or court situation.
He is not so animated like previous panels: Stayed in one spot, unlike the past where he would walk around the room. Hands mostly in his pocket.

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
Hey I've just been paying attention to this on the perimeter so I was wondering has this effected Funimation financially at all? I wouldn't think so but I can't underestimate Vic's shitty "fan base".

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Hey I've just been paying attention to this on the perimeter so I was wondering has this effected Funimation financially at all? I wouldn't think so but I can't underestimate Vic's shitty "fan base".
I'd be really surprised if it did, because people would be more motivated to let this impact their purchasing decisions if Vic's voice was actually a deciding factor rather than if this was just a proxy war against the eternal incursions of the SJW-feminist cabal.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

Lol no. If Captain Marvel's success taught us anything, it's that these assholes never actually boycott what they're pissed off at.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

I would be incredibly surprised if most of the people involved with this even pay for their anime to begin with.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So it seems certain people on the #stand side have identified who the interviewees of the iO9 article were. Really creepy and stalkery, and they seem to think knowing their identities proves they're lying because ???. I can't seem to find why.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
So it seems certain people on the #stand side have identified who the interviewees of the iO9 article were. Really creepy and stalkery, and they seem to think knowing their identities proves they're lying because ???. I can't seem to find why.
Fucking disgusting. They literally just want more people to harass.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
These are organized harassment campaigns.
They don't even care what their cause is or who they're supposedly championing.
It's simply an opportunity to harass women for sport.
And when they're bored, they'll move on to the next group of women to harass... and so on and so on.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
These are organized harassment campaigns.
They don't even care what their cause is or who they're supposedly championing.
It's simply an opportunity to harass women for sport.
And when they're bored, they'll move on to the next group of women to harass... and so on and so on.
They're probably busy defending PewDiePie now.

Mar 6, 2019
Okay, so I know Vic got a lawyer but did he actually say he's going to sue? Or is that what is Stan's think because he said he got a lawyer?

Sorry if my question sound confusing.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
In a recent interview, Dante's Voice Actor from DMC, Reuben Langdon, stated how he has a "hard time" believing the allegations, talking to two hosts who described to him beforehand how Vic is a victim of a huge conspiracy:

They (including Langdon) also talk about how #metoo and Black Lives Matter have gotten "hijacked" and lament how even just "hugging someone" would be getting interpreted as Sexual Harassement. Very disappointing.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In a recent interview, Dante's Voice Actor from DMC, Reuben Langdon, stated how he has a "hard time" believing the allegations, talking to two hosts who described to him beforehand how Vic is a victim of a huge conspiracy:

They (including Langdon) also talk about how #metoo and Black Lives Matter have gotten "hijacked" and lament how even just "hugging someone" would be getting interpreted as Sexual Harassement. Very disappointing.

time to cancel dante

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

damn dude

Nero for Smash instead

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017

All this because they like the voice of a children's cartoon character.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Oof. Reuben even playing along with that whole conversation is the worst decision. Also he has no actual information on the Vic thing, he only went based on what they said and nothing else. Why ask for a TLDR on such a sensitive subject? Come on, Reuben...

Like, he isn't even aware that several of his fellow voice actors have come out and spoken against Vic. All he knows is what these dudes told him.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA

Didn't you hear? Rising of the Shield Hero PROVES that any woman who speaks out against sexual assault are just lying to advance their own agenda!

/s

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't you hear? Rising of the Shield Hero PROVES that any woman who speaks out against sexual assault are just lying to advance their own agenda!

/s
shield hero is who these people aspire to be so its no surprise that they like it so much or compare Vic to the guy

Killer Tofu

Feb 18, 2019
After 10 years of following him on Facebook, this stance does not shock me in the slightest because he's prone to chalking everything up to being a conspiracy theory.

The guy is crazy.

Yeah I had him on Facebook for a time. I met him at his UFO panel, not knowing he was a voice actor at all until afterwards. He believes in all sorts of conspiracy theories. So I'm not surprised either. It's just so harmful that a popular voice actor, who knows zero of the topic at hand, is agreeing publicly that there is a conspiracy against Vic. I know it's more fun to think it's a conspiracy because the truth hurts but my god. If he did any research he would know it goes beyond hugging without consent. What a great disrespect to the women who have come forward especially the voice actors.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I had no clue about Reuben. Heck. Is there any way we can get a new Ken in Smash? I'll even take the one that killed Ken & wore his skin in SFV if he's not voiced by someone problematic. Thankfully it seems most of the VA community is calling Vic out, but this has me concerned there are quiet sympathizers.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017

For some context to this (it starts at 25ish minutes and it lasts for roughly 10 minutes, then they bring it back up an hour later), one of the hosts brings up Vic completely out of fucking nowhere. Reuben noted that he has been completely out of the loop due to what happened in Guatemala and being over in Japan, and what he knows of Vic is from the Star Trek series or what he's seen at cons and he only knew him as friendly in those situations, and asked the hosts what happened.

What he absolutely should not have done was play along with this conversation at all because those two hosts fucking pounced on this opportunity and gave a really, really fucking terrible and incomplete description of the situation (I don't even think Reuben was even made aware that other VAs have come out against him as well).

What he said was dumb as shit, but given the context, I kind of want to see if he doubles down on this if or when he gets more information of the situation.

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
For some context to this (it starts at 25ish minutes and it lasts for roughly 10 minutes, then they bring it back up an hour later), one of the hosts brings up Vic completely out of fucking nowhere. Reuben noted that he has been completely out of the loop due to what happened in Guatemala and being over in Japan, and what he knows of Vic is from the Star Trek series or what he's seen at cons and he only knew him as friendly in those situations, and asked the hosts what happened.

What he absolutely should not have done was play along with this conversation at all because those two hosts fucking pounced on this opportunity and gave a really, really fucking terrible and incomplete description of the situation (I don't even think Reuben was even made aware that other VAs have come out against him as well).

What he said was dumb as shit, but given the context, I kind of want to see if he doubles down on this if or when he gets more information of the situation.
I feel like we to give him more information & catch Reuben up on what happened before we rake his ass over the coals. I agree that he shouldn't have commented, but it's clear that he's out of the loop.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
No Nero is the main character
Even then, I feel like Reuben's comments come from a place of ignorance (due to his trips to Guatemala & Japan) rather than anything malicious.

I'm not condoning Vic's actions at all, he has to go down. But what we need to do is direct Reuben to places like this thread so he can get up-to-speed on what he missed.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
God-fucking-dammit, Langdon. I had to look up QAnon, and if he truly believes that shit and also the things he said in this video... I think this should be a new thread. Considering he's a big part of a new game I think it's important this is brought to peoples attention. Is anyone here interested in making a thread about it?

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I sent Reuben a link to this thread. Hopefully he realizes what Vic did is real & can't be condoned or denied.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even then, I feel like Reuben's comments come from a place of ignorance (due to his trips to Guatemala & Japan) rather than anything malicious.

I'm not condoning Vic's actions at all, he has to go down. But what we need to do is direct Reuben to places like this thread so he can get up-to-speed on what he missed.
That's a good idea but I tend to expect the worst tbh

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I sent Reuben a link to this thread. Hopefully he realizes what Vic did is real & can't be condoned or denied.

If he believes in shit like QAnon as well as victim blaming and that the Me Too and Black Lives Matter movements have gotten too out of hand, I'm not holding my breath that he won't side with Vic even with the full picture. Note, I am just going off what I've heard people say about the video linked above. I haven't watched it myself because I refuse to give it a view. If people can quote the problematic portions of the video I'd be grateful.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If he believes in shit like QAnon as well as victim blaming and that the Me Too and Black Lives Matter movements have gotten too out of hand, I'm not holding my breath that he won't side with Vic even with the full picture. Note, I am just going off what I've heard people say about the video linked above. I haven't watched it myself because I refuse to give it a view. If people can quote the problematic portions of the video I'd be grateful.
MechaX summed it up pretty well.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm going off this post for the things I was mentioning: https://www.resetera.com/threads/hi...to-quit-capcom-after-dmc.105663/post-18902465 These things are what I meant in wanting full quotes of.
Ah, I didn't realize the thread was locked.

Either way, I'm of the belief that through ignorance can come true understanding. Hopefully Reuben takes the time to read this thread to get the whole picture of what happened while he was away. What he believes after getting all of the information should dictate how we proceed (I.E. if we rake his ass over the coals or not).

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I didn't realize the thread was locked.

Either way, I'm of the belief that through ignorance can come true understanding. Hopefully Reuben takes the time to read this thread to get the whole picture of what happened while he was away. What he believes after getting all of the information should dictate how we proceed (I.E. if we rake his ass over the coals or not).
I was just about to finally start my first playthrough of DMCV and I have been so excited to finally sit down and play it and now I gotta go through it thinking that Reuben can likely be an alt-right POS if everything mentioned in that post is true of the shit he said in the video.