• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Well if this was 10 years ago this kind of comedy was more socially acceptable than today, and if it was 20 years ago then it was completely socially acceptable. It's not downplaying to state facts. If they did stuff like this recently, like Vic, then it would be a problem.

This whole thing is just Vic's disgusting supporters trying to get Funi and the rest of the cast in trouble for revenge.
Exactly.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Sean Lemoine (Funimation's super high-powered Texas lawyer who specializes in anti-SLAPP suits) started calling out Ty on Twitter tonight.

It's fucking brutal.

If I had been taking a beating for over a month I'ld totally file the brief my opponents had fully researched and anticipated I would file, before 12 p.m. On the off chance the judge might take it home. #realtriallawyerssettraps

There's about 4 more tweets, and they're so shady you'd think it was the middle of deep space it's so dark.

What's with the Vic Stans' references to mosquitos? Some Screech in-joke?

Oct 25, 2017
Watch. The various actors will issue sincere apologies, say they'll never do it again, Funimation will smooth things over with Toei (gonna need a source on that Conan story) and Vic... will still not have a career as he loses his lawsuit.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
The defenses lawyers: "It is now time for Plaintiff to come forward with clear and specific evidence for each of his claims against Funimation."

Plaintiffs lawyers: "Listen to these complete irrelevant shitty edgelord type 15 year old recordings."

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So did they give up trying to find dirt on the judge? Guess it's onto the next terrible plan of action!

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I won't make excuses for off-color jokes involving slurs and whatnot, but I'm not going to pretend there isn't a bad faith push behind this. Screech and co. are leaking this shit *now* for reason.

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
Exactly this. It's the most transparent agenda.
The fact that people here aren't able to see that makes me worry.
They see it, what they're confused about is how this is isn't being looked at as an issue because it may have been 10 years ago. Meanwhile people will dig up decade old things on Twitter someone said and it can ruin their career. Both are bad. When I first heard it I thought it was a fan thing, someone just mocking the voice, but for it to be the legit VA... that's really bad, imo. In comparison to Vic, though, well, it's no comparison. Vic is in a quicksand of shit and it's only getting worse for him.

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
posters who have never participated in the 160-some pages of the thread suddenly show up to only talk about how awful the stuff that was dug up by the vic supporters is

seems legit
I prefer the sidelines for keeping up with this stuff rather than putting my hand in the oven if I get something wrong, especially with a sensitive topic like this.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
posters who have never participated in the 160-some pages of the thread suddenly show up to only talk about how awful the stuff that was dug up by the vic supporters is

seems legit
Yeah and all of them have relatively low post counts and refuse to respond to anyone who quotes them.

No coincidence whatsoever.....

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
"ITS NOT FAIR! OTHER PEOPLE DID BAD STUFF AT SOME POINT SOMEWHERE! THAT MEANS VIC IS TOTES INNOCENT LIKE FOR REALZ!"

I have seen that kind of shit all over Twitter this morning. It's pathetic.
Yeah. Doubly idiotic because it's not like anyone here is handwaving away anything they did, so there's no hypocricy. Just acknowledging where it's coming from, and how it has nothing to do with this current case.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Anyway its cool that Vic stans are trying to burn down the franchise because they can't get their way.

1d0e94e91f.png

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway its cool that Vic stans are trying to burn down the franchise because they can't get their way.

1d0e94e91f.png
While this is obviously people thinking this will take down kickvick (it wont), its more than dirty jokes its slurs and rape jokes and shit and that's genuinely not great and shouldn't be downplayed or removed. But also we should aknolwedge why the people dredged that up in the first place

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Look above, apparently these MIGHT be from Kai's recording sessions from a decade ago. It's not confirmed, but may be the consensus?

Didn't they redub DBZ for that "uncut" release before Kai existed? These clips could be from that which means that these are probably ancient. Shitty, but still ancient.

And Schemmel's use of the f-word was definitely known years and years back even from the Berserk dub outtakes.

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I won't make excuses for off-color jokes involving slurs and whatnot, but I'm not going to pretend there isn't a bad faith push behind this. Screech and co. are leaking this shit *now* for reason.
Weird thing is, the first I heard of it was a youtuber (who I immediately unfollowed lol..) talking about this all offended, who suddenly swapped to talking about how poor innocent Vic got kicked out for a much much milder joke.

And I was just flabbergasted as I looked through the comments and there was literally only a single person pointing out that Vic had far more serious allegations than an offensive joke.

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
Is it weird that when I first heard about the leaked Funimation stuff, my first thought was those old Thundercats outtakes?

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Going to be funny when the other actors apologize and then nothing happens while certain groups on Twitter become surprised-pikachu.jpeg.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Interesting you choose to comment now rather than at any other point in the entire Vic controversy. Do you really think the use of unacceptable language in quotation of a piece of R34 at what was literally the height of ableist and homophobic humor in nerd culture (people forget how fucking edgy and vile the language of nerd culture was at the time, even if so-called "normie" culture was better then than it had been 10 years earlier) is equivalent to continuous sexual assault over the course of 30+ years? Like, shit, I'd argue Vic's own homophobia I'd say is worse. Sure it's not using a slur, but it's shutting down LGBTQ fans looking up to you for acceptance. Which, a single use of a slur to quote something vs. continuous "sorry I don't believe in that, that's sinful :))))" to a bunch of lost young people...? Hmm... Like if you're LGBTQ as well, feel free to give me your take on that, but I dunno, the latter seems worse. Like if it was continuous homophobic language, yeah, the former, but one use...? Hrm.

As a queer man, in a vacuum I'd be outraged. Hell I'd make the topic on its own myself. The f-slur is a word that should never touch a straight person's lips, regardless of if it is a quote or regardless of the era. And Sean needs to apologize. But given the circumstances-- have we learned nothing? This is a sad attempt to discredit victims of fucking sexual assault by pointing out the past faults of their allies.

Sean should absolutely apologize like I said, as should Sabat, incidentally, for his use of autism negatively even if it was in reference to Vic fans self-identifying as such to be derogatory themselves, but it's kinda hard to get mad when the people leaking the bad stuff they've said say far worse on the frequent AND support a sexual predator.

Like, if you're LGBTQ or an ally and genuinely insulted- that's fine and normal. I cannot and would not blame you. It's your prerogative to say "yeah, Sean's a guy I don't like and don't want to support even if he does apologize". Cool.

But you probably shouldn't barge in commenting on the "blooper reel" alone. Even if you don't mean to, it reeks of you supporting worse homophobia and sexual assault apologists, to be quite honest. You're no real ally to me as a queer man if you call out Sean and don't also take Vic and Nick to task.
While this is obviously people thinking this will take down kickvick (it wont), its more than dirty jokes its slurs and shit and that's genuinely not great and shouldn't be downplayed or removed. But also we should aknolwedge why the people dredged that up in the first place
This. As I said, it's unacceptable, and Sean should apologize.
Going to be funny when the other actors apologize and then nothing happens while certain groups on Twitter become surprised-pikachu.jpeg.
The worrisome thing is that I'm not sure that Sean will even though he needs to. But given this has come up due to bad faith actors, I'm really afraid he won't. Hopefully he sees the importance of apologizing. Then again I've never held much fondness for him so if it turns out he won't apologize, yeah sure, fuck 'im. But, I'll find it hard to hammer on him when there's bigger fish to fry.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Hey look some conVics remembered they had ERA accounts. Cool.

None of the things that any of those other people have said or did is okay even in the slightest. But if you really want to talk about them, really want to discuss what was said or done, then make a thread for it. Because I have nothing to do with Vic and his very stupid lawsuit.

Edit - I just realized the irony of the conVics to suddenly act offended over the f-word when they use Cuck as an insult all the time.

Cuck is also a slur that is meant to use someone's sexual preferences as something they should be ashamed of.

Not surprised at all but it's worth noting.

Last edited:

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Weird thing is, the first I heard of it was a youtuber (who I immediately unfollowed lol..) talking about this all offended, who suddenly swapped to talking about how poor innocent Vic got kicked out for a much much milder joke.

And I was just flabbergasted as I looked through the comments and there was literally only a single person pointing out that Vic had far more serious allegations than an offensive joke.

They're gaslighting the narrative -- anyone who's followed this fiasco from the beginning knows this shit started over sexual harassment/assault.

Tegami

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little in the dark on the timeline. Is there meant to be some sort of decision coming today or new development?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yeah I've seen a few on the Twitter try to claim this started over the "I just ate Monica" bean joke.

They definitely are trying to gaslight the narrative. Don't get how that helps anything except there own sense of smug.

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
the vic shitstains are trying sink funimation and crew to help vic get away with what he did
What is their ultimate goal though? Do they think someone else will dub Dragonball in English? Or any other of the Funimation Animes? This is like Saw in stupid. They are still sawing on their legs while Jigsaw just put the key right in front of them and walked out frustrated.