• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
the thing was it was moving away from any incest undertones. Until a law was under consideration that would have restricted the sales of incest stuff.

The novel author went all in on incest after that. Destroyed the characters of several popular charcters in the story all to justify the sudden shift and ending.

Kuroneko got robbed.

I didn't even like the show (cause it's bad) and it still makes me mad.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
"Just asking questions" guy is always a troll.

You can't square someone having the time and the interest to "ask questions" and waiting for answers, but not having the time or interest to just read up on the thread to understand the issue.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
This is a bit of a nitpick, but I'm pretty sure you have this wrong.

Funimation isn't being accused of breach of contract at all. They're just being brought in on the basis that the defamation and interference with contracts was by their employees - which is why Funimation's lawyers aren't just saying that it isn't defamation because it's truthful, they're saying that the defendants weren't acting as agents of Funimation for the alleged defamation so Funimation is in the clear even if (through some ridiculous turn of fate) the defamation actually goes through.

I think the contracts that are supposed to be and the ones with conventions, and maybe future contracts with Funimation and Rooster Teeth. Although it wasn't actually specified originally, which I had assumed meant they were supposed to be detailed later, but apparently Ty Beard just fucked up and forgot to tell us.
It's possible I have some of it wrong, either way no one in the suit is legally an employee of Funimation so it's not like they can get anywhere from that route either *shrugs*

(This all being said we really need to change the law and require companies to include independent contractors that they have a long term relationship with, employees from a legal standpoint, but it is what it is. some reference for this would be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8UQ4O7UiDs aka john oliver and WWE and how they abuse independent contractors.)

boredandlazy

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Dang can't believe this is now 126 pages.
If this court case had proceeded like any normal court case it'd be a pretty boring thing to follow, and this thread would be much smaller (but would spike up again when the court filings are heard etc.). However with both Vic's lawyers and stans constantly shooting themselves in the foot (a joke of a lawsuit, the Greg Doucette thing) it's been a never-ending stream of stupidity.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
If this court case had proceeded like any normal court case it'd be a pretty boring thing to follow, and this thread would be much smaller (but would spike up again when the court filings are heard etc.). However with both Vic's lawyers and stans constantly shooting themselves in the foot (a joke of a lawsuit, the Greg Doucette thing) it's been a never-ending stream of stupidity.
I swear the difference between malice and Actual Malice will be the last thing my brain remembers when i die because I have read that explanation so many times this last month lol.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
go to law school and you can live that experience every day xd
I've actually thought about it because I did enjoy learning law in college and naturally am drawn to researching things like it.
that being said one of the areas I like is copyright law and that is still stupid and mostly not properly defined :P

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ty getting very heated specifically over Little Nicky's deposition. Also, Vic destroyed evidence.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Everyone, let's get back to focusing on news on Vic Mignogna and not other unrelated topics. Thank you

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm a chat room with someone who's defending Vic and calling Monica Rial "Moronica" ....I don't want to get in trouble because I have good relations with some of the chat members but this person is REALLY starting to push my last nerve.
Refer to the creep as "PERVic".

Its equally as unoriginal but should bug them

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Ty getting very heated specifically over Little Nicky's deposition. Also, Vic destroyed evidence.

Going by replies from lawyers, that bit's actually not much of a problem.

But it sure does read like Beard has no idea what he's talking about, as always, so that's... good? I really do want to know how the eventual hearing goes.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

wow, i never would have guessed that there the people who sent an empty folder titled "risembool rangers" as part of their evidence might have not been sending all of the evidence

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I just think it's an absurd mental image that they had a folder full of stuff related to the Risembool Rangers, decided "this is going to make us look really bad, better not", and so they deleted everything in the folder and sent the folder itself.

Like, even if you're cherrypicking and destroying evidence and shit, why didn't they just not send the folder. Who is making you do that.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Rember when they were sending out those letters to not destroy anything. How the ConVics were all like "Yeah you can't trust them... Get them!" and screencaping everything so they could show the evidence when the time came.

Guess they were looking at the wrong people. Though I'm sure the ConVics will explain to us how it's different.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, neutral stances on sexual assault.

giphy-10.gif

What the fuck?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
What the Jesus riding a unicorn up his own ass while the unicorn is wondering why he wasn't on Noah's arc but the fucking snake was fuck.

Edit: seriously I am DONE with this "let the courts decide" bullshit.

"You" are not a lawyer. Or a judge. Or any of that.

You are you. Make a fucking decision on what you think! If you magically end up on a jury then fucking recuse yourself if you already have one.

Gulity till proven innocent does not apply to the public. Hell when I was 14 I thought OJ Simpson was innocent. That didn't matter to the trial.

Last edited:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Talking about stuff with Doug TenNapel of all people.
Alright, on tonight's episode we're here to talk about the ongoing Vic Mignogna lawsuit. Our guests tonight are Orson Scott Card, Jared Fogle, David Duke, and the guy who started saying "literally" to mean "figuratively".

sonicmj1

Oct 25, 2017

The actual funniest thing about this motion is that it's trying to quash something that doesn't exist. It's incredibly premature, though I wasn't sure why until I read its contents.

Basically, Funimation's filing of the TCPA motion automatically halts all discovery in the case. Because of this, nobody can request any new documents or depositions at this time. If they want new stuff, they need to get the court's permission, which, if all parties don't agree, will require filing a motion.

Rial and Toye's lawyers are aware of this. That's why they didn't send a subpoena to Nick Rekieta. Instead, they sent a Notice of Intent, declaring that they're planning on asking for this discovery, but that they can't until they get the permission of the court. At this time, there is nothing formally requiring Nick Rekieta to appear for a deposition. The draft subpoena they sent out is unsigned and has sections for the judge to fill in if he grants them permission to ask for discovery.

Vic's lawyers don't appear to grasp that this is what's going on, and have therefore filed a motion to take down a notice that has no legal force whatsoever. When the judge hears this, he will be very confused.

I appreciate that this motion is a better structured piece of legal writing than their last discovery motion (in how it presents its exhibits), but its legal reasoning is even worse.

Basically:

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
The actual funniest thing about this motion is that it's trying to quash something that doesn't exist. It's incredibly premature, though I wasn't sure why until I read its contents.

Basically, Funimation's filing of the TCPA motion automatically halts all discovery in the case. Because of this, nobody can request any new documents or depositions at this time. If they want new stuff, they need to get the court's permission, which, if all parties don't agree, will require filing a motion.

Rial and Toye's lawyers are aware of this. That's why they didn't send a subpoena to Nick Rekieta. Instead, they sent a Notice of Intent, declaring that they're planning on asking for this discovery, but that they can't until they get the permission of the court. At this time, there is nothing formally requiring Nick Rekieta to appear for a deposition. The draft subpoena they sent out is unsigned and has sections for the judge to fill in if he grants them permission to ask for discovery.

Vic's lawyers don't appear to grasp that this is what's going on, and have therefore filed a motion to take down a notice that has no legal force whatsoever. When the judge hears this, he will be very confused.

I appreciate that this motion is a better structured piece of legal writing than their last discovery motion (in how it presents its exhibits), but its legal reasoning is even worse.
Even funnier is that, if you read the emails, Ron and Monica's lawyer tried to explain this to Beard and he filed the motion anyway lmao

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes (well, every time) I just hate these "if someone has not been judged guilty in the courtroom for a crime, it didn't happen/no one should act upon the accusations" people. It doesn't take into account that not all of these things are (serious enough) crimes that anyone would go to court over them, that even if they are crimes they can be hard to prove (beyond reasonable doubt), that often victims don't want to prolong the whole shebang by taking it to court but just want to move on in their life (or don't feel SO victimized that they'd go to court), or even that the courtroom isn't infallible. Plenty of guilty parties have not been judged guilty because of a multitude of reasons (biased judges who don't want to judge "good men" just for these few women they harassed, not enough (condemning) evidence, some victim/witness dropping out because of harassment from deranged fans or some such).

In Vic's case it's just doubly idiotic because there IS photo evidence and even the man himself admitted to it. Even if there wasn't, decades worth of accusations from women & young girls plus THE FACT that he has been banned from some conventions due to this exact kidn of behaviour should say that there is quite a lot of of credibility to the accusations and that they aren't just some recent conspiracy.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Sometimes (well, every time) I just hate these "if someone has not been judged guilty in the courtroom for a crime, it didn't happen/no one should act upon the accusations" people. It doesn't take into account that not all of these things are (serious enough) crimes that anyone would go to court over them, that even if they are crimes they can be hard to prove (beyond reasonable doubt), that often victims don't want to prolong the whole shebang by taking it to court but just want to move on in their life (or don't feel SO victimized that they'd go to court), or even that the courtroom isn't infallible. Plenty of guilty parties have not been judged guilty because of a multitude of reasons (biased judges who don't want to judge "good men" just for these few women they harassed, not enough (condemning) evidence, some victim/witness dropping out because of harassment from deranged fans or some such).

In Vic's case it's just doubly idiotic because there IS photo evidence and even the man himself admitted to it. Even if there wasn't, decades worth of accusations from women & young girls plus THE FACT that he has been banned from some conventions due to this exact kidn of behaviour should say that there is quite a lot of of credibility to the accusations and that they aren't just some recent conspiracy.
A vic stan in my friend's discord said all the women are lying and vic is innocent cuz he cried.....

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017

People easily (on purpuse) forget. This is not a criminal act usually. There is a giant gap creeps have before it gets criminal. before that It's an HR and PR issue. If you are being a creep at work or while representing your work. You will be fucking fired. How the fuck hard is that. You don't have to be arrested to be let go for making other people feel uncomfortable.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you've ever been curious just how garbage Vic's Fullmetal Fantasy video is: