• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
LOL.
Imagine being grown ass multimillionaire made on selling cheesy hip-hop afflections and you possibly sacrifice your career sprouting dime store bigotry. You hate to see it

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Haven't even seen this dude since Wildin Out... I thought he went the way of Wilmer Valderama and the Yo Momma show. Shocked to know he even still had a job to be fired from.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Where and how did this "African Americas are the true Hebrews and Jews" thing start?

There's a bunch of fringe groups that believe this; Black Israelites, 5 Percenters...it's basically 'White people robbed us of our history, so this group of white people saying they are the chosen ones, must have stole that too'..along with borrowed white supremacist bullshit.Along with the whitewashing of judeochristian myths (white jesus, moses is usually an old white WASP looking guy in media, etc)

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
What did he ever offer? I don't understand why he was a thing in the first place.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Lotta people on Twitter seem to be conflating this with his comments on the savagery of white supremacists, which were fair. Saw the clip of the anti-semitic shit, and like, I've seen worse, but the refusal to apologize doing him in still makes sense. Shit still sucked.

Lotta people making this particular fucking "mistake" lately, it feels.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
My roommates watch Wild 'n' Out all the time. I'm sure I'll hear something about this from them. Either that or they wont even realize anything happened unless the rerun marathons suddenly just disappear.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why Twitter defending him saying this Anti-Semetic shit. Glad he's off the contract.
As a Jew who grew up in the Midwest. Antisemitism is alive and well. I️ got a ton of hate from minorities. Hatred isn't exclusive to white folks. At that time it was cuz a lot of folks were aggressively Christian. Now there's some new wave of Jew hate popping up

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, I've only had white kids give me the sieg heil salute growing up.
Yeah, the Nazi link makes the white side of it much more obvious and shitty. Still plenty of shit to go around, though.

TBH as ever it's the people who belong to multiple marginalized identities that get it the hardest. Not like there's not any PoC jews out there.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
As a Jew who grew up in the Midwest. Antisemitism is alive and well. I️ got a ton of hate from minorities. Hatred isn't exclusive to white folks. At that time it was cuz a lot of folks were aggressively Christian. Now there's some new wave of Jew hate popping up
This isn't new. This was around in the 90's and it's based of NOI beliefs. It's a pseudo history that can take hold when a lack of a real education is present. It's not more prevalent it's more visible because of social media.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't new. This was around in the 90's and it's based of NOI beliefs. It's a pseudo history that can take hold when a lack of a real education is present. It's not more prevalent it's more visible because of social media.
What's NOI stand for? Wanna read up on it more to be aware of who's gunning for my people next

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
What's with all the people defending him on Twitter? The only people on Twitter who seem to be mad at a dude who made anti-semitic comments seem to be alt-right weirdos who are claiming that Nick Cannon is "the black supremacist that Terry Crew warned us about".

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Why does it feel like Hotep and Hotep-adjacent views are becoming more popular? Is it a facebook thing?

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Why does it feel like Hotep and Hotep-adjacent views are becoming more popular? Is it a facebook thing?
Always been around. I see it way too often going back years. Thought it was harmless at first until a bit of research way back lol

Feel like it exploded on Instagram mainly.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
What's with all the people defending him on Twitter? The only people on Twitter who seem to be mad at a dude who made anti-semitic comments seem to be alt-right weirdos who are claiming that Nick Cannon is "the black supremacist that Terry Crew warned us about".
Well I know a lot of people don't want this to distract from the movement happening right now and believe it'll be used by the media and others to shift the focus from whats going on because usually, that's what happens with black issues. So they wrongly think if its just kinda meh'd away we can get back on task. It has been over 50 years since we've had any real movement in getting any kind of justice. This kind of shit shifts the focus from whats going on. I happen to think we can do two things at once though and people like him need to be called to the carpet. But yeah, I also don't want the focus to be removed because normally we never get any traction with actual justice and movement on black issues. So lets deal with him and those like him, and keep it moving.

May 15, 2018
Almost got my caboose kicked, fool, quit, you not gon' do shit
I let her chop my balls off, too 'fore I lost to you, Nick (eunuch)

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Man seeing nick cannon trending on twitter and looking at all the support he has is fucking wild. twitter comments filled with people that probably can't differentiate between a triangle and circle.

it's wild the lengths some of those morons are willing to go to excuse antisemitism.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
Man seeing nick cannon trending on twitter and looking at all the support he has is fucking wild. twitter comments filled with people that probably can't differentiate between a triangle and circle.

it's wild the lengths some of those morons are willing to go to excuse antisemitism.

Most of the comments I'm seeing are thinking he got fired because he said white people were evil or whatever.

Somehow the antisemitism gets missed even though Viacom themselves said that's why they fired him.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Many asses will be shown in the coming days regarding this. It will be interesting to see who defends him and who doesn't. Also I think you see a lot of support on Twitter because, like someone said earlier, Jewish people are seen as just white people to black people. It's very easy to gloss over that. It's not right in any way but there is a "reason" why the responses are like that.

PonyStation

Banned
May 24, 2019
In his last podcast he spoke relating the amount of melanin in the skin to a persons intelligence

To give an example of the type of people he talks with, this is a quote from a recent interviewee Richard Griffen
"If the Palestinians took up arms, went into Israel and killed all the Jews, it'd be alright. The majority of them [Jews] are responsible for the majority of the wickedness that goes on across the globe."

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the comments I'm seeing are thinking he got fired because he said white people were evil or whatever.

Somehow the antisemitism gets missed even though Viacom themselves said that's why they fired him.
I think this might be a twitter bubble thing (or I hope it is, anyway). Just searching his name turned up a few people sharing the clip of the white people comments with the typical "So WhY DoN't YoU cAnCeL nIcK cAnNoN" stuff on it, and people might be reacting to that.

Maybe.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I totally get his speech on white supremacy and colonialism being evil but doesn't sit right with me that folks are overlooking his antisemitism