• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, a bit strange. I'm pretty sure both DMC5 and RE2 on the X had better framerates and resolution advantage over the Pro. I don't think either of those are true 4K on the X though...
Actually DMC5 runs noticeably better on Pro. About 5fps higher on average, while the XBX has only 44% resolution advantage (1800p vs 2160p both using reconstruction to reach those res).

EDIT: gap is reduced during gameplay (2fps advantage for Pro), 5fps higher is total cutscenes + gameplay.

www.youtube.com

Devil May Cry 5 PS4 vs PS4 Pro vs Xbox One vs Xbox One X Frame Rate Comparison

Review Codes were supplied by Capcom. Devil May Cry 5 frame rate (fps) test comparing the performance on Playstation 4, Playstation 4 Pro, Xbox One and Xbox ...
docs.google.com

Devil May Cry 5 PS4 vs PS4 Pro vs Xbox One vs Xbox One X Frame Rate Comparison Stats

dmc5-all-1 Platforms,Xbox One X,PS4 Pro,PS4,Xbox One,Xbox One X Gameplay,PS4 Pro Gameplay,PS4 Gameplay,Xbox One Gameplay,Xbox One X Cutscenes,PS4 Pro Cutscenes,PS4 Cutscenes,Xbox One Cutscenes Frame Amounts Game Frames,17878,19442,18230,16268,11651,12001,11608,10322,6227,7441,6622,5946 Video Frames

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
RE7, RE2 and DMCV all ran at a pretty solid 60fps on the X (DMCV's cutscenes dipped pretty low, though, same with the Pro), not sure why Capcom has messed up with this one.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As an Xbox One X owner I'm still in, but hope they patch a performance mode but also leave this mode in place for future proof in case Capcom doesn't have any PS5/XSX upgrade/enhancement patches. At least it should be locked 4k and 60fps on XSX.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Ouch at the OG xbox one. 38 fps, why even bother running it at unlocked framerate at this point.

I gotta wonder if thats whats going to happen to PS5 games in 6 years. third party devs dont seem to give a shit about the weakest console.

Wouldn't that be Lockhart?

But yeah, the optimisation level understandably decreased with the release of the mid gen consoles.

It will happen again next gen.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
I see this follows in the footsteps of Ace Combat 7 and Sekiro with the X version lagging behind the Pro. Weird stuff, luckily I didn't pre-order this one like I did with those two and had to make exchanges.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
It's almost like someone forgot to turn on the variable resolution option in the settings for the X.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Still hopeful for that Day 1 patch.. :-/
cCibRdXix2pwmwNkpZqUeZ74YgmySX688yOkFMmBwld-AD4yTAaj3aegW-44nRJk617MBpKns23G1mHgl4Uifw12V3xHl4Qj2N-OqDIHzBpNtFbxmdI2bFGv1SaE7c2CVEfmmPewcME

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Ouch at the OG xbox one. 38 fps, why even bother running it at unlocked framerate at this point.

I gotta wonder if thats whats going to happen to PS5 games in 6 years. third party devs dont seem to give a shit about the weakest console.

The gap between PS5 and Series X is significantly smaller than Xbox One to PS4, so it's not likely.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not considering buying the game until X is sorted.

DarkCloud12X

Oct 27, 2017
Well yet another game going into the stress test pile for when I get the Series X. Enjoy sharing company with Just Cause 3 and Dark Souls (360).

Apr 19, 2018
From a performance standpoint, I thank my lucky STARS (har har) I invested in a Pro in this particular instance.

It's still disheartening that Capcom doesn't include a framerate cap to 30 for base users.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
The only reason to get the X version is if you're planning on playing this on series X because they aren't going to fix the framerate on X. It's not like they didn't know it runs like shit.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if someone will contact Capcom in regards to X performance?
It be nice to hear what they have to say.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The only reason to get the X version is if you're planning on playing this on series X because they aren't going to fix the framerate on X. It's not like they didn't know it runs like shit.

That's not really true. They needed to push this out. Capcom could have just lower the resolution, and it will run at 60fps. I wouldn't be surprise to hear about a patch soon.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Game is insane on PC based on the demo, one of the most optimized titles I've seen in a long time. I wonder what happened with the console builds that they're so shaky.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
it runs poorly on xbone x but the game runs at 4k. Pop this game on a Series X and its absolutely gonna sing at 4K60 I bet.

Game is insane on PC based on the demo, one of the most optimized titles I've seen in a long time. I wonder what happened with the console builds that they're so shaky.
Jaguar cores

RE Engine pushes GPU mostly to kinda sidestep the massive cpu bottleneck if I'm thinking right, but the cpu is still hot garbage.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's true. Capcom hopefully has some kind of announcement soon.
Yeah, I have no confidence Capcom will offer PS5/XSX upgrade/enhancement patches so at least the XB1X version is currently future proofed on XSX at a locked 4k/60fps. However I'm all for a performance mode option patch that lowers the resolution and maintains a stable 60fps on XB1 and XB1X.

Doctor Avatar

Jan 10, 2019

Fear not. PS5 will be the most common platform because it is almost guaranteed to outsell XSX, and it's only at most 18% less powerful than XSX.

It will be like the current Pro vs X situation. But far far far closer.

Oct 25, 2017
Sticking with my Pro pre-order then. If the X version ever gets patched and I enjoy the game enough, I may double-dip.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I'll buy on X anyway, I don't want to hear that fucking Pro jet engine while I play.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
That's not really true. They needed to push this out. Capcom could have just lower the resolution, and it will run at 60fps. I wouldn't be surprise to hear about a patch soon.

All you have to do is look at RE2R and DMC5 to know that they aren't doing performance patches. RE2 ran fine for the most part but they let DMC5 run as is and that could've used a patch.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
All you have to do is look at RE2R and DMC5 to know that they aren't doing performance patches. RE2 ran fine for the most part but they let DMC5 run as is and that could've used a patch.
I love those games on the X. You are talking about a game that ran around 56 FPS versus RE3 which us around 35FPS.
When Vanilla Xbox runs better than X, there's something odd here.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
It's ridiculous how many 1X games run at 4K or close to it with it terrible performance. 45fps is a terrible experience.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I almost wish they would have done a PC comparison to see if they made any compromises when doing the port. Is the engine native 1080p and doing reconstruction above that (like why? but...)? Are there any compromises at all or is it being left to brute force its performance and visual quality?

Dec 31, 2017
Actually DMC5 runs noticeably better on Pro. About 5fps higher on average, while the XBX has only 44% resolution advantage (1800p vs 2160p both using reconstruction to reach those res).

EDIT: gap is reduced during gameplay (2fps advantage for Pro), 5fps higher is total cutscenes + gameplay.

www.youtube.com

Devil May Cry 5 PS4 vs PS4 Pro vs Xbox One vs Xbox One X Frame Rate Comparison

Review Codes were supplied by Capcom. Devil May Cry 5 frame rate (fps) test comparing the performance on Playstation 4, Playstation 4 Pro, Xbox One and Xbox ...
docs.google.com

Devil May Cry 5 PS4 vs PS4 Pro vs Xbox One vs Xbox One X Frame Rate Comparison Stats

dmc5-all-1 Platforms,Xbox One X,PS4 Pro,PS4,Xbox One,Xbox One X Gameplay,PS4 Pro Gameplay,PS4 Gameplay,Xbox One Gameplay,Xbox One X Cutscenes,PS4 Pro Cutscenes,PS4 Cutscenes,Xbox One Cutscenes Frame Amounts Game Frames,17878,19442,18230,16268,11651,12001,11608,10322,6227,7441,6622,5946 Video Frames
I mean, only 44% more pixels seems like a lot to me for only a loss of 5fps. I finished both DMCV and RE2 on One X and both ran great. Pretty sure Capcom could have done a lot better here. I'll still play on X as I don't plan To buy a PS4 though, but I wish people would go the Halo 5 route and keep a 60fps all the way and just use dynamic resolution.

Joo

May 25, 2018

The problem is the other way around. One they don't "seem to give a shit about" is the lowest selling console. As PS5 will most likely sell the most I'd guess PS5 is actually the safest bet regarding solid performance with third parties in the future, just like PS4 has been. Still this shouldn't be a problem next-gen as both consoles are so close.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why did I preorder in x. I need to stop preordering games. Should have gone ps4

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
I love those games on the X. You are talking about a game that ran around 56 FPS versus RE3 which us around 35FPS.
When Vanilla Xbox runs better than X, there's something odd here.

I really hope you're right and they patch it. Otherwise I'm waiting until the new console is out. I'd normally get it for my pro but having the best console version interests me more, even if it takes a few months to get there.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can't wait to see the Series X vs. PS5 comparisons like these to be honest, especially in regards to framerate and resolution. I know some people think 60FPS will be a standard but I still think many developers will opt to go lower in favour of resolution/other features.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I really didn't notice the X demo being all that bad, I wonder if VRR on my tv was kicking in to smooth it over or not. Might need to try it again, although I'll probably be grabbing this on Pro.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait to see the Series X vs. PS5 comparisons like these to be honest, especially in regards to framerate and resolution. I know some people think 60FPS will be a standard but I still think many developers will opt to go lower in favour of resolution/other features.
The massive jump in CPU in next gen consoles will help to making 60fps standard or at least more common than the last 2 gens.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I think this is all but guaranteed. It's gonna stay that way unless 60fps becomes a selling point that the average consumer understands like how they understand that "4K" means that they didn't waste their money on that expensive TV that also says 4K on the box.

Oct 27, 2017
Someone at Capcom must have thought they were making a series X game instead of a 1X game. I guess I can wait a few months to play this properly.