• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): attempted thread derail; cross-thread drama
The PR Station isn't deserving of the award if you ask me.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
First of all, agreed. PS5 and Series X|S are off to great starts, One had its strongest year since 2016 arguably and Switch had a lowkey year but a vital one... but all of these pale in comparison to PS4's year. Tons of great stuff. Reminded me of PS3's last year in many ways.

Now, are we willing to trust VGC as a source, or respectfully disagree with their opinions, or are we just going to praise them to high heavens/shit on them depending on if they are favouring blue or green?

Hermii

Oct 27, 2017
Well, calling it "final year" may be a bit premature. We still got horizon 2 for next year.

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
Pretty much,

3 threads about VGC awards:

Both threads concerning awards to Sony are up and running.

The one thread about the award to MS followed the course predicted on page 1 and was locked.

It really highlights deficiencies that will hopefully get addressed one day.
It was over-defensive people like you who got it locked. Lots of valid points were brought up in that thread.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Couldn't agree more. Went out with an absolute bang.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
It was over-defensive people like you who got it locked. Lots of valid points were brought up in that thread.
What valid points? That the head of Xbox is a snake oil salesman PR guy? That the man who greenlit things like the adaptive controller or Xbox All Access did little for accessibility? That leadership teams that crunched their employees are more worthy?

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017

Bullshit, you warn the over defensive or derailing posts to keep a thread on topic so the discussion can what does locking it achieve aside from helping people who purposely derail?

(Yes the irony of getting warned or banned for this post)

On topic, definately deserved. My only complaint for my PS4's was my Pro become almost unusable with how loud it became .

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
lol no valid points were made it was a fairly transparent clusterfuck, led by website admins

Doesn't mean every other thread needs ruining, though. Both DualSense and PS4 are worthy winners.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory Generalization, Mod-Whining
Pretty much,

3 threads about VGC awards:

Both threads concerning awards to Sony are up and running.

The one thread about the award to MS followed the course predicted on page 1 and was locked.

It really highlights deficiencies that will hopefully get addressed one day.

One day? An admin posted the same PR bullshit lol. This place isn't any different than gaf in that regard. Some ways worse tbh.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017

The only valid point I saw brought up was about his 'association' with some toxic elements of the Xbox community.

The rest were just comments erroneously downplaying him as a ' corporate PR person', whatever the fuck that means, or people just voicing their own personal dislike of the guy.

It was a shitshow, and even as a PlayStation fan, the fact that in this thread and the DualSense thread, suddenly no one is calling VGC's legitimacy into question is very telling.

OT: this is totally deserved. Nioh 2, 13 Sentinels, GoT, TLOU Part II, FFVII Remake, P5R and stellar multiplatform content...most of my gaming was done on PS4 this year. They managed to top 2013.

Jssom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
You know all of you salty fanboys can go back to your "bubble" that you created and never post here if you don't like it. This is the 3rd thread that you ruined because of your persecution complex and yes I'm including the Phil Spencer one because as one of the posters above said you guys got overdefensive cause some didn't think your GOD deserves it.

All of this because of stupid awards from a site I never heard of.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Pretty cool. I think I only played TLoU2 and GoT as far as PS4 exclusives go. I started Nioh because I really want to get the second one.

With that said stupid awards like this are made to do nothing but fuel console wars to begin with.

I've never heard of a platform of the year award till this one lol.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
You know all of you salty fanboys can go back to your "bubble" that you created and never post here if you don't like it. This is the 3rd thread that you ruined because of your persecution complex and yes I'm including the Phil Spencer one because as one of the posters above said you guys got overdefensive cause some didn't think your GOD deserves it.

All of this because of stupid awards from a site I never heard of.
Oh ffs. We weren't the ones who derailed the first one.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
We're not going to do this. Thread is locked. Any further attempts to derail threads in the future by calling back to past grievances will result in much harsher actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.