• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
Yep. I don't fully understand why people are so outraged by this.
They're not. Most people are focusing on getting their kids back to school or going back to school themselves. In two weeks people will be ready to hear about new phones, consoles, etc. Just like every year.

The people complaining were complaining about Sony's and Microsoft's (relative) silence in the midst of a pandemic level shutdown. They're not really rational.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
What in the world are they waiting on? Is it gone again?

Its not like an SKU with no disc drive. Unless they plan on very lil explanation of it.

Maybe they are gonna reveal it later.

It doesn't make any sense to talk about the Series S until they talk about pricing, and both parties are holding off on talking about pricing.

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
Yep. I don't fully understand why people are so outraged by this.

Previous generations we've had quite a lot of info for the months leading up to this, and we're 2 months away and Microsoft still havent shown their mystery cheaper box, and we have no idea what any of the launch software is going to be from either company.

People have financial commitments, they'll need to know every bit of info soon so they can try to budget for their new hardware and software.

And some of us need to buy an eye-wateringly expensive TV before the console too!

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Previous generations we've had quite a lot of info for the months leading up to this, and we're 2 months away and Microsoft still havent shown their mystery cheaper box, and we have no idea what any of the launch software is going to be from either company.

It doesn't really matter though. This generation launch is not like others and everyone should understand why.

People have financial commitments, they'll need to know every bit of info soon so they can try to budget for their new hardware and software.

We know the general idea of what the price will be. People can budget now.

Jun 20, 2018
Not really sure why people are freaking out because of the lack of info. It really doesn't matter. We know they are coming and will be expensive. If anything, price and launch games will only convince people to drop their intention to buy at launch. I doubt anyone that wasn't planning on it anyway is going to be swayed by a high price and almost no games into suddenly ordering for launch. Yeah, people need to plan their budget, but they should already be doing that.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Getting worried about pre-orders. I need some certainty about getting XSX day 1.

If the Xbox One launch is anything to go by, there'll be more than plenty to go around — I remember seeing those 'Day One' models (that I bought myself) on shop shelves the following summer!

It was the PlayStation 4 that was super difficult to get hold of for several months after launch.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Well didn't November 6th leak a couple of weeks ago? And I can't imagine PS5 dropping on the 20th for various reasons. The 13th seems likely.
Can you elaborate on why the 20th doesn't make sense? Because my initial thought when I saw this thread was XSX on Nov 6 and PS5 on Nov 20. It's still before Black Friday (and the real start of the holiday shopping season), which isn't even going to matter since it will sell out before launch.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
I dont see why this is getting piled on. Post does say 'its' own games. Gamepass, BC really isnt a rebuttal to "its own games"

Wasnt there some Series X exclusive launching with the console? The Medium? Thats no longer launching with it?

Because this thread is about the release date, rather than the launch games...

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Look at Hallo and all these games getting delayed. It's hard enough to launch 1 console during a pandemic let alone 2. Anything is possible.
Halo is still coming out though, they didn't can it. They'd have to pull and ET and bury those controllers in the desert. Or less dramatically, recall them all and rebox them. It's probably not gonna happen.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Microsoft had the next gen narrative by the balls at the start of the gate, but my oh my have they botched any good will they have worked for.

Halo delayed, 2 bad reveals, no real gameplay of their actual console playing games, leaked info about a cheaper console making the choice more muddied, losing the exclusive deals on games. 3rd parties showing ps5 versions of demos and software.

Like what are they doing right now?

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Based on boxes already being street dated for 11/6, it's most likely Xbox on 11/6 and PS5 on 11/13.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I know everyone is like "when will these consoles release?!"

But come on, PS and Xbox release timing are always so predictable. Always a few weeks before holiday season begins, but not early Fall.

Most important aspect is still the pricing.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft had the next gen narrative by the balls at the start of the gate, but my oh my have they botched any good will they have worked for.

Halo delayed, 2 bad reveals, no real gameplay of their actual console playing games, leaked info about a cheaper console making the choice more muddied, losing the exclusive deals on games. 3rd parties showing ps5 versions of demos and software.

Like what are they doing right now?

to be fair, it's pretty easy to turn the narrative around with one good showing.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Is it a nice bridge because a lot of people think that's real.

I hope to god it's real (I've put aside ÂŁ600 for each console - if I can get my digital PS5 for ÂŁ349 then I've truly won) but I don't think it is.

For a start, I don't see a world where Miles Morales is $39.99 in the US and ÂŁ29.99 in the UK. Sony first party games don't have that large of a gap between US/UK currencies. The norm for their games is $59.99/ÂŁ54.99.

A similarly priced first party game like Predator Hunting Grounds, for example, is $39.99/ÂŁ34.99. That's probably what you'd see. I appriciate that this is being pedantic over a fiver but it points to made up numbers. They're not losing that money on GBP sales for their big first party release. USD and GBP are far too close (thanks Brexit) to have some of these UK savings.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
I mean, we've already seen leaked pictures of Xbox Series X accessories in the channel with "DO NOT DISPLAY UNTIL 11/6" on the cartons.

So, yeah, Xbox is targeting the first week of November.
Maybe. I seem to remember when I worked retail accessories sometimes being put on the shelves early in order to draw hype for the launch day. Third party accessories for sure.

It will probably be within a week of the 6th, though, at worst.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
I hope on xbox and playstation we can predownload the nex-tgen versions on a external har-drive (I think this is more likely on xbox). I just want to plug and play (correct me if I'm wrong, but transfers between drives is faster than downloading a copy online)

dumbo11

Apr 29, 2018
ExNFwaRrPFVtpN4bXLVvfV-768-80.png.webp
But doesn't the PS5 ship with a stand? (it notably wasn't on the pre-order list of accessories).

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
I hope on xbox and playstation we can predownload the nex-tgen versions on a external har-drive (I think this is more likely on xbox). I just want to plug and play (correct me if I'm wrong, but transfers between drives is faster than downloading a copy online)

mark cerny already said you can do that from ps4 to ps5 on the technical deep dive.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
This is exactly what Epic hinted anyway with Joker bundle releasing on 17th that will be ready when next-gen consoles are out, so both will be out before that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.