• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
VGC understands at least one of the titles, Watch Dogs Legion, is currently planned to debut alongside next-gen consoles.

Yves Guillemot said that Microsoft and Sony had "made it possible for our developers to keep using their dev kits" and "to continue creating our next-generation console games" even as the company's staff worked remotely.

However, he expressed a willingness to delay those games if PS5 and Xbox Series X miss their end-year target.

"We are not seeing significant impact to our own timelines, but we are in touch with all our partners and if there's a need to adjust in order to do what's best for them and for our players, we will do so," he said.

Source: https://www.videogameschronicle.com...games-if-next-gen-consoles-slip-ceo-suggests/

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Fuck man, damn I don't want fucking Watch Dogs over AC Vikings. Jeez what a bad call Ubi. Just push Watch Dogs even further back.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, please.

Reading in an article one alternative was to cut back on scope, features? No, please don't of you don't have to.

That article didn't mention which companies were gonna do that. So far it seems it won't be this game.

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
I love how Ubisoft are pulling everything back and taking their time. Breakpoint's launch was a blessing in disguise.

Deleted member 59992

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2019
If WDL is a next-gen launch title then I am guessing the next AC would release either early October (like Odyssey) or Q1 next year.

Oct 27, 2017
I was actually looking forward to Legion this year but I was wondering if they could pull their crazy premise off. If they get more time to get it right eventually it's okay I guess.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oooh damn! I sure hope Watch Dogs Legion is included in the titles that get free upgrades via patch since I already have it pre-ordered for current gen at a major discount.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Im 50/50 at this point with PS5 coming out this year

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think the bigger headline is that they are NOT seeing any significant impact to their timelines. And since Sony and Microsoft apparently aren't either, things are looking good for both software and hardware launching this November.

raviolico

Oct 27, 2017
What about the PS4 version of WDL? Wording in the interview seems to focus next gen versions. Maybe Sep/Oct for current gen?

OP
OP
Toumari

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I think the bigger headline is that they are NOT seeing any significant impact to their timelines. And since Sony and Microsoft apparently aren't either, things are looking good for both software and hardware launching this November.
This seems true for Ubisoft, but not for every company. Japan doesn't seem to be adapting well to working from home as an example.

Oct 24, 2019
I love how Ubisoft are pulling everything back and taking their time. Breakpoint's launch was a blessing in disguise.

Agreed. Sacrifice a game from their one franchise I don't really give a shit about in order to further polish & strip out the samey-ness from all the games I actually do care about (Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, Far Cry, Gods and Monsters, etc.)? Couldn't have turned out better!

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This seems true for Ubisoft, but not for every company. Japan doesn't seem to be adapting well to working from home as an example.

That's true. I'm not expecting EVERY title to launch as planned. But if enough of the heavy hitters are ready, the systems should launch as planned and we'll have enough to play on them. Exciting!

JorRaptor

Feb 19, 2018
So do they mean that the game will come out on both PS4 & PS5/Xbox One & Xbox Series when the next-gen system is available? Or do they mean that the game will be available at launch when the next-gen systems release, but maybe already be available on PS4/Xbox One prior to that.

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
So do they mean that the game will come out on both PS4 & PS5/Xbox One & Xbox Series when the next-gen system is available? Or do they mean that the game will be available at launch when the next-gen systems release, but maybe already be available on PS4/Xbox One prior to that.
Launching at the same time on both PS4/Xbox One and PS5/Xbox Series X.

OP
OP
Toumari

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Out of curiosity, do you know why Japan in particular is having a harder time adapting to WFH compared to companies in other countries?
From what I've been reading they seem pretty old fashioned in some cases and still rely heavily on paper. CERO (the Japanese games ratings board) had to entirely shut as they rely so heavily on paperwork.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Ubisoft is the company with probably the most international studios and already has a culture of making games from several of these studios at the same time. Ubisoft Milan, Ubisoft Singapore, Ubisoft Belgrade ...

That already created network of collaboration between studios must have helped them to be one of the companies that most easily adapt to WFH. They have a flexibility that other studios and companies may not have thanks to being so decentralized.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
"We are not seeing significant impact to our own timelines"

Hopefully this quiets down all the know to alls predicting every game and the new consoles this year will be delayed.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it makes sense for Ubisoft to release at least one big game near the next gen launch.

I don't really care for Watch Dogs Legion so I hope the new Assassin's Creed will release also soon.

JorRaptor

Feb 19, 2018
Man if legion is at next gen launch what does it mean for AC? I wanted a new AC....
It will likely still happen, but maybe they release that earlier then? Ubisoft really likes to launch games in that early October window & maybe they were afraid that Cyberpunk would eat Watch Dogs alive on that spot so they put AC there instead?