• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I can get not launching with adaptive triggers but not having gyro is strange. All that R&D was spent to ignore a much like feature in multiple other controllers for half a decade?

still good to see them being open to it. Hopefully it comes out this year

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yes please.

I don't know if I'd run out and buy a bunch of new controllers but the force feedback in the triggers are a genuine innovation and the option to have that would be great.

Plus it would mean higher adoption all around.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Seriously though, the other two already have a gyroscope & either embraced or are starting to embrace gyro aiming. Microsoft finally adding a gyroscope to their controller would be the last major hurdle cleared to have gyro aiming become more common in shooters. And since the XSX|S is now the king of shooters, this would only cement their dominance in the genre.

AceAlli

Oct 27, 2017
I'm also genuinely surprised at how many people seem to dislike the adaptive triggers. Those might be my favorite DualSense feature so far. Different stokes, I suppose.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Big hell yes to the xbox series controller getting the advanced rumble the ps5 has. The rest of the features I don't care about but I'll take them as long as they don't mess anything up.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That would be great, but isn't it too late?

The system has already launched and the base config doesn't have these features.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Swapping out the rumble motors with what Sony is using would be cool. Adaptive triggers only if they can add the feature without changing the feel if the feature is off. Everything else I don't care. DualSense is kind of a bad controller outside of the haptics.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if they can do it without sacrificing the feel of it at the moment, then sure.

The tech in the DualSense is impressive but I definitely prefer just holding then XSX controller.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Gyro is the one feature I'm surprised it doesn't have. I actually wasn't aware of that until a few months ago.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
lol. I knew we would get Xbox controller revisions with those features added soon enough. They even had a patent for some of those features as far back as 2018.. I said this before once they see how devs make use of these features they would have to reconsider, also having all the talented developers under the XGS umbrella taking advantage of some of those features would be really nice. Hopefully new revision comes out just in time for Halo and Forza Horizon next. would also be perfect for Psychonauts, Starfield and Perfect Dark and probably Flight Sim too.
They should also find out what their devs think about it.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Nobody wants gyro outside of era, it's time people stop asking for it.
I totally understand that we're in an echo chamber so yeah, we do inflate what we think the public wants.

but the PS4 controller, Wii U controller, Steam controller, Switch Joycons, Switch Pro Controller and PS5 controller all had some form of gyro controls since 2012. It just seems standard imo. If no one wanted it, why would so many different companies keep putting it in?

Jun 17, 2018
Yes, there is no other answer. I also want Gyro, even though I've only used it on handheld Switch games and didn't like it, I appreciate that it's something to get used to and can see it being very useful in all FPS games.

neptunez

Apr 21, 2018
could they actually implement these into each console (X|S) before the user base gets too large?

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Gyro aiming, please.

Playing Immortals, I find myself trying to aim with the controller due to BoTW muscle memory.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
if cost isnt increased that significantly then sure. even if you dont like them you can disable.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
could they actually implement these into each console (X|S) before the user base gets too large?

They did several revisions of the Xbox One controller (totally changed the bumpers, changed it to Bluetooth instead of propitiatory WiFi, etc) so they totally could. We'll definitely see revisions of the controller through the life of the Series X/S.

However, as I said earlier, they do these surveys about other platforms all of the time. They asked us about joycon and microSD support on the Switch three years ago when it came out and we're yet to see those hit Xbox.

Litigator

Oct 31, 2017
I like this. I wish the console makers asked their audience for feedback and what they want more often. I don't care whether they add haptics to the Xbox controller but I like that they're bothering to ask.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Not if it compromises the life of the controller or price, or battery life. I'd be fine with gyro as I'd imagine that would be minimal or non-existent for all three.

Oct 27, 2017
Haptics - yes
Adaptive triggers - no

Don't care about Gyro (find it to be rather annoying tbh)

But pretty much agree with others who said they don't see this happening. Xbox has sent out these kind of surveys before.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like gyro aiming. My hands must not be very steady because it feels way worse than just using the sticks. Give me the actual exciting DualSense features though. I already paid too much for an Elite. Keep the paddles though.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I need any of it. Just give me the paddles from the Elite if you insist on making anything else standard.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I don't like gyro aiming. My hands must not be very steady because it feels way worse than just using the sticks. Give me the actual exciting DualSense features though. I already paid too much for an Elite. Keep the paddles though.
But it's the cheapest thing to include of all of them & you can just as easily turn it off. More options are never a bad thing.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
lol I feel bad for only enjoying the adaptive triggers in astrobot šŸ˜”.