• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
RISING 2

GIVE IT TO P*

RIGHT NOW

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

maxresdefault.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
Not that I don't believe the source as we've heard a lot of Silent Hill rumours for months now.

But the Metal Gear/Castlevania has to be VERY early since we've heard 0 about this other than fan wishes for a Bluepoint Metal Gear. I'd wait a little longer maybe for another source on this but it's Konami so who knows if we'll get one.

Oct 27, 2017

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
No, the reporting is now not the deals.

Huh? He's referring to info from KatharsisT who has said Bluepoint and Sony were in the process of making multiple MGS remakes. This seems to directly contradict that, since the implication here is they are thinking of outsourcing but have no deals and it will be years before anything happens. So either the information said here is incomplete/inaccurate or her information is inaccurate. Both don't really make sense together.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
omg KatharsisT predicted this. So if true Sony Japan - Silent Hill Bluepoint - MGS

I forgot who KatharsisT thought was working on Castlevania?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm game for another Metal Gear, just as long as it expands CQC and doesn't neuter it.

Make a new continuity, keep Solid Snake fighting giant robots and evil versions of the X-Men, ditch everything else.

Or shit, don't keep Solid Snake. Have a new character be codenamed Snake. New continuity, new rules.

Give Castlevania to an indie dev that made a pixel art Metroidvania in the past 10 years that people liked.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I'd want from MGS are remakes or spin-offs. Please don't try to shoehorn MGS6, the story is done and I say that as it's one of my favorite series

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Not that I don't believe the source as we've heard a lot of Silent Hill rumours for months now.

But the Metal Gear/Castlevania has to be VERY early since we've heard 0 about this other than fan wishes for a Bluepoint Metal Gear. I'd wait a little longer maybe for another source on this but it's Konami so who knows if we'll get one.

Possibly a bit more than fan wishes, considering we have a verified insider (take that as you will) that has actually said that MGS Remakes are happening at Bluepoint.

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
I'm only asking because if it was between a competently remade MGS with, say, MGS5 level tactical gameplay vs a straight 1:1 remake, I'd prefer the former. Stealth games have just grown so much since then. Even the jump to MGS2 was fairly massive. Going back to what was possible on the PS1 in terms of mechanics would just be a bit meh for me
That would be an entirely new game not a remake. Like changing level design completely and story pacing. I don't want any of that without Kojima. So a remake a la Demon's Souls would be pleasing to me.

Joo

May 25, 2018
Not gonna lie if the Japan studio rumor is any way real there should be an MGS by Naughty Dog, very real possibility it could be on par or even better than the originals.
Won't happen. ND should only focus on completely new or their own existing IP. They have always created some amazing new franchises, and it would be such a waste to shackle them to some existing IP they have zero connection to.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
I'm only asking because if it was between a competently remade MGS with, say, MGS5 level tactical gameplay vs a straight 1:1 remake, I'd prefer the former. Stealth games have just grown so much since then. Even the jump to MGS2 was fairly massive. Going back to what was possible on the PS1 in terms of mechanics would just be a bit meh for me

There's not a studio on Earth I trust to attempt that and not fuck it up save for KojiPro. They wouldn't be doing it for obvious reasons.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

One of the insiders here has said there is already MGS remakes (as in plural) being funded by Sony and developed by Bluepoint. But yeah, as I've said, this reporting seems to contradict that. They haven't addressed that inconsistency yet, at least in this thread

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously? That is whack ass hell. Game would be killer on the switch.
trying to find a source for it, someone said it was mentioned on a podcast and i think i've heard it on one of the giantbomb E3 talks, another source for it was on the otherplace and coincidentally you also replied to that post too lol

Jun 13, 2020
There are so many indie teams that could make amazing 2D Castlevania games. About a bigger budget, 3D one, I don't really have an idea. The series hasn't had much success in that area in the past.

With MGS they could really do anything. I think that storywise it has nothing else to give, but that won't stop anyone from trying. If things go well we can get something like MGR. Just make something that's out there and not safe. The limit in trying to make a new entry is the same limit I see in Star Wars, that the universe feels small and you can't really get away from the original story (in this case the Twins, Big Boss and the Patriots). All storylines that have been either completed or exhausted. In a way the only way they could make something interesting is by going "fuck the plot, let's make a fun game" like they did with MGR.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017

It would be a completely remade game. The original was 4 hours long.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
From Software Castlevania is like my dream game.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
You would think Sony would know better than to heavily invest in IPs they don't own after crash and spyro. But hey, its their company not mine.

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
One of my todos for when I hit the lottery is to personally finance a From Software made 3D Castlevania. Whatever it takes.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I imagined for a second Konami outsourcing MGS to KojiPro and I cannot stop chuckling.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I'd lose my shit at full MGS 1 to 3 Remakes, actually be dream tier announcements. Also just be happy Konami are opening their vault, they have so many of my favorite I.Ps that I've already accepted are dead, but there'd be some hope if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.