• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Death-Stranding-Reedus-1280x720.jpg

That's according to studio art director Yoji Shinkawa, who was asked if he could share any details about the company's second game during a video interview with Al Hub.

"Well yeah, I am doing something, for sure, and I could tell you probably that we can announce it quite soon," said Shinkawa, a long-time Hideo Kojima collaborator who is best known for his character and mecha design work on the Metal Gear franchise.

Kojima has teased his next project ever since the release of Death Stranding in November 2019. That month, he suggested he was watching horror movies in preparation for a future project, and in April 2020 he said he'd like to make a "revolutionary" horror game one day.

www.videogameschronicle.com

Kojima Productions likely to announce its next game ‘quite soon’, says art director | VGC

Studio has been staffing up for its second game since late 2020…

Could this be the rumored Death Stranding PS5 version? Or a whole new project? Only time will tell, I guess.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Tomorrow is quite soon.
XBOX Indie Showcase is tomorrow.
Kojima Productions is an independent studio.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I assume it'll be that horror game that Stadia didn't pick up. I'm sure they'd be able to get funding from someone.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Death Stranding was the most original and progressive experience last gen. I can't wait to see what they make next

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would love to see more Death Stranding, but honestly, the story is pretty much done (surprisingly for a Kojima game!). It ends perfectly.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I can't wait to see what it is, Im not even a huge Kojima game fan but the possibility for web meltdowns makes it so exciting

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding is a masterpiece.

Can't freaking wait to see what's next from them.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I'm imagining how excited I would be for this if the phantom pain and death stranding never happened.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Could someone verify VGC's translation? They have been off a few times lately on that.

EDIT: seems there was a translator on stream.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
If KojiPro is developing - I am gonny buy it. (general statement, not implying i think kojima is doing something with another dev)

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding didn't click with me but I respect it and I'll be there for Kojima on day one for the rest of my life.

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019
Its been 1.5 Its about time. Death stranding was announced at E3 2016. Officially, he was working with Sony for just 6/7 months by then. So it makes sense

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Sony summer showcase I think. Already nearly in April.. a couple of months away from the usual E3-ish time.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was multi-platform though after Spencer's little shelf show.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I want more AAA games that strive to be as original as Death Stranding.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I would love another game similar to DS but even less combat focused. Doesn't have to be DS2 but just a beautiful big scale game where traversing the hellish environment basically becomes a puzzle.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
I had a great time with Death Stranding but I'd rather a new IP again, a horror please.

A Kojima horror needs to happen.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
New game please!!!! Death Stranding was perfect as a one off

strife85

Oct 30, 2017
Not too into open-world games. Hope he sticks to something more along the lines of MGS1-4.

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to it. Death Stranding is magnificent and a stunning achievement.