• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you want co op in Horizon 2?

• YES, co op would be perfect

Votes: 380 22.1%
  • I dont care either way

Votes: 371 21.5%
  • Just keep it a single player only

Votes: 564 32.8%
  • I am okay with a co op mode as long as its separated from the main story

Votes: 407 23.6%

• Total voters

nullZr0

Alt account
Banned
Mar 2, 2020
At 10 million sold, they deserve to talk about a trilogy. What pisses me off is devs with an unproven franchise dropping the T bomb.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My problem with the melee is not that it's not powerful enough, it's the fact that it's not useable in most conditions. Because Aloy is way too slow to hit with her weapon, you are usually hit before, her motion is almost absurd, like in slow motion. She can run, jump, use her bow like wonderwoman but she is suddenly 2 times slower when she want to hit something with her stick.

I thought the melee attack was stupidly OP when upgraded. You could knock robots big as tanks over with nearly every swing.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
My problem with the melee is not that it's not powerful enough, it's the fact that it's not useable in most conditions. Because Aloy is way too slow to hit with her weapon, you are usually hit before, her motion is almost absurd, like in slow motion. She can run, jump, use her bow like wonderwoman but she is suddenly 2 times slower when she want to hit something with her stick.
I guess I can see that that should be improved, but I didn't use melee enough to make that distinction myself. I think the game was definitely made with melee in mind only as a last resort for defense and at least personally I prefer it that way.

Nov 18, 2018
I'm glad the world is going to be bigger; the first game was a good size but I loved it so much I could have happily sunk a lot more hours into it.

A separate Monster Hunter style co-op mode based around the hunters lodge would be perfect, I really hope they go down that route.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
I'm glad the world is going to be bigger; the first game was a good size but I loved it so much I could have happily sunk a lot more hours into it.

A separate Monster Hunter style co-op mode based around the hunters lodge would be perfect, I really hope they go down that route.
The world, especially Frozen Wilds, was just so beautiful bigger is only welcome.

amnesties

Nov 17, 2017
please don't call it "Horizon Zero Dawn 2"

maybe something like "Zenith Zero Dawn" or something

if they absolutely have to make it numbered then at least make it roman numerals. Horizon Zero Dawn II

Last edited:

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
What an Horizon sequel really need is way better melee combat with a diverse variety of weapons (swords, axes, scythes etc..), better story and characters, and a better quest system (enough with this "follow the footsprints" bullshit).

Not that I disagree, but in fact co-op might be a reason for GG to do that. If you have a - hopefully seperate from main quest - co-op mode, then they can throw in all sorts of weapons that they don't want Alloy to use. Big hammer dude could now hammer stuff as a playable character.

More than anything I want improved interactivity and physics - riding a big dino/Stormbird is not that awesome if you can't burn down trees, stomp huts and rip limbs from other dino mechs. Bonus points if you can fly a bird and joust with Alloy's spear like a knight 🤤

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda surprised that the co-op part of the story is getting this much discussion, for me personally the idea that the game world is described as "gigantic" is a bit of worry...

Horizons somewhat compact world while still being diverse in terms of biomes was one of the highlights for me, hope they don't make the world too large like some other open world games to be honest.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Man Co Op will be GLORIOUS in Horizon. Taking down Dinos together with friends?! Bruh come on now

I wonder if they will go in and do things like online clans etc. RESETERA CLAN

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I agree with the name change.

I still don't know why Rockstar did

Red Dead Revolver
Red Dead Redemption
Red Dead Redemption II (and for a prequel!)

May 25, 2019
London
Not really psyched about co-op because I view Horizon as the same sort of game as Mass Effect for me. I want to explore, I want to investigate, I want to absorb the lore and the story. I don't want to be prodded into ignoring key parts of the world because somebody wants to hurry up and go hunt Thunderjaws.

As people have said, co-op wasn't the straw that broke the camel's back with Dead Space 3, but it still blocked off content that might have been interesting to me.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I agree with the name change.

I still don't know why Rockstar did

Red Dead Revolver
Red Dead Redemption
Red Dead Redemption II (and for a prequel!)

Because it's second game in the 'Redemption' saga or they made 'Red Dead Redemption' the new name for the franchise instead of just Red Dead.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
"Horizon" was a weak name. Could've named it something much more interesting.

I suppose the theme of naming it after solar/lunar events is cool though

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Guerilla's baby; Horizon & Aloy, even featured in Monster Hunter.

They ought to be inspired from it for co-op/online.

I've said it before in the past, the current 'feel' if Horizon had an MP is via Monster Hunter.

It would be evolution for Horizon adding Multiplayer components.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I'm not bothered by the potential of co-op, as long as the game overall doesn't suffer. I believe GG can deliver whatever they decide to do.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Why are so many people against the idea of co-op, if single player can still also be played?

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
The thing about adding co-op is that you can't just plop it into this kind of game seamlessly without making heavy design changes. Monster Hunter works because it's quest based. Minecraft works because it's built with no story. GTA:Online and RDR:Online have multiplayer completely separate from the main game. Soulsborne games have very strict rules for co-op, such as locking you out of going to other areas and ending the session when the host dies or the boss is killed. I'm pretty sure that Ghost Recon game that had co-op had to be built from the ground up for it and had to give the player annoying AI companions if they were playing single player.

If they're going to add co-op, something's gotta give. It's a design limitation, not a technical one.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Why are so many people against the idea of co-op, if single player can still also be played?

The eternal question

The thing about adding co-op is that you can't just plop it into this kind of game seamlessly without making heavy design changes. Monster Hunter works because it's quest based. Minecraft works because it's built with no story. GTA:Online and RDR:Online have multiplayer completely separate from the main game. Soulsborne games have very strict rules for co-op, such as locking you out of going to other areas and ending the session when the host dies or the boss is killed. I'm pretty sure that Ghost Recon game that had co-op had to be built from the ground up for it and had to give the player annoying AI companions if they were playing single player.

If they're going to add co-op, something's gotta give. It's a design limitation, not a technical one.

How was HZD not quest based though

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
You don't have to force design changes - such as a companion in solo play - to make a game work with co-op. Just design the game around 1 player but allow them to play as 2 if they wish, who cares if the game 'breaks' because it wasn't designed with 2 players in mind. Just sort the technical issues needed to have 2 people in the world at once and let them have fun.

Every single player open world game should allow co-op if people wish. It's so much fun, had an absolute blast playing Far Cry 5 with a friend, need more of those experiences please.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to it. The first one is my favorite new IP of this generation and I can't wait to play it again on PC.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
The eternal question

How was HZD not quest based though
I should have specified instance based. HZD is open world, and you passively take on many quests at once AFAIR.

In MH, you start a quest by loading the level, and when you finish the quest you go back to the hub. Like Overcooked or Mario 64. That's what I meant by quest based, not that MH happens to have quests.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Ugh. I loved Horizon to death but co-op/any sort of forced online component in general is pretty much the last thing I ever wanted to see in a Horizon sequel.

As long as it's 100% optional and the story can still be played entirely offline as a single-player experience, though, that's fine by me.