• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you want co op in Horizon 2?

• YES, co op would be perfect

Votes: 380 22.1%
  • I dont care either way

Votes: 371 21.5%
  • Just keep it a single player only

Votes: 564 32.8%
  • I am okay with a co op mode as long as its separated from the main story

Votes: 407 23.6%

• Total voters

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If that's the selling point count me out. Aside from great combat the first game was a checklist Ubisoft style open world game which bored me to death. Really hoping the sequel would drop away from that format.

My idea: make the main series way more RPG with a focus on exploration and scavenging. Make a seperate free to play multiplayer monster Hunter style game focussed on combat.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
It's almost like the article has some information that nobody knew, like the inclusion of a co-op mode or a standalone game that would transfer the save to the sequel.
Strange! If only someone had mentioned that in a subsequent post...

At any rate, I wouldn't panic about co-op too much. The fact that they thought about it and didn't do it means to me that they're genuinely thinking about how to be incorporate it, and if it doesn't fit, it doesn't get implemented. I could see a fun Horizon game with co-op.

Oct 27, 2017
Extremely surprised to hear they would have been planning Horizon 2 on PS4, to the point where I even somewhat doubt it. Surely it would be more lucrative for Sony to have it be the BotW equivalent for PS5 and give it proper development time to become a "must have", rather than a "I guess this is the most interesting launch title".

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really think that co-op inherently fits with Horizon, but I could be proven wrong. I guess if it's like Monster Hunter... but I rather them focus on the story.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Co-op was something they planned for the first game, but scrapped.

Personally, I dont care. Just want to see the continuation of the story.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Extremely surprised to hear they would have been planning Horizon 2 on PS4, to the point where I even somewhat doubt it. Surely it would be more lucrative for Sony to have it be the BotW equivalent for PS5 and give it proper development time to become a "must have", rather than a "I guess this is the most interesting launch title".
I'm thinking because Sony's other big projects got delayed they decided to make this PS5 only but it also sounds like it won't be ready for the PS5 launch.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I just want this game.
The first one was the best new Ip this gen for me.
I did NOT expect to enjoy it nearly as much as i did.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to seeing how Death Stranding impacts DECIMA Engine going forward. HZD's world was gorgeous, but extremely lacking in terms of systems & interactivity, which really stood out next to BOTW. Say what you want about DS, but it's a neat sandbox.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Nice to hear. There's been a distinct lack of great trilogy's this gen compared to the output on PS3/360.

Hopefully it's more fuelled by Guerilla's excitement rather than Sony pressure (though I doubt they'd be made to work on something they aren't interested in).

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Co-op? Most times it just make the game worse for solo players.

Why just don't make a separate MP mode like UC and TLOU

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Kind of disappointed tbh. It's was hoping for Killzone
I'm guessing they won't touch Killzone for a while. Much like, say, Uncharted is likely gonna stay put for a while too. Sony *usually* doesn't demand studios to keep working on the same IP, so probably they'll only return to them when it makes sense for the studios.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Tbh I don't think so. She was one of the least iconic characters in gaming.
Yup, the female protagonist of a recent 10 million selling game is among the least iconic characters in all of gaming's decades long history.

Anyway, leave co-op out and focus on the main campaign. Unless it is a separate mode for MP similar to Mass Effect, a horde mode of sorts.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Don't like the sound of coop if they as that to the campaign I probably won't bother.

Not interested in another dead space 3 style destruction of a single player franchise I like.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I don't think so. She was one of the least iconic characters in gaming.
That foolishness aside, she is pretty integral to the currently unresolved story. There would have to be a bunch of Star Wars or MGS level retconning/padding to replace her. FF changes protagonists every game because the story changes every game. The majority of fans dont want that right now for HZD.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd be down for some Co-op stuff that wouldn't get in the way of the story. Co-op quests that can be dropped in or out like Borderlands but the main story must be single player only. Mecha Monster Hunter with friends sounds good to me.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope it means flying mounts and underwater exploration/combat. Shadow of the tomb raider made underwater traversal and exploration fun again

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Co-op I thought was going to be in the first game based off those leaked concept art long ago.

also in b4 pc port beggars

Jan 29, 2018
I really hope co-op isn't the main focus. It's always a bummer when you're playing a game solo and you see all the obvious spots where the level design expects two people. Horizon might be my favorite game this gen so I have high hopes for the sequel.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Trilogy good, larger scope, good

Co-op? Eh, fine, as long as it doesn't detract from playing it SP

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
I would love a Mass Effect style trilogy in that universe. Just copy Mass Effect 1-3, same coop, same structure on choice and carry over, with way better writing. That's all you have to do. It's not easy, but it's ambitious, and if it works, you go down as one of the best developers of all time.

With that said, they need bolder writing. I like Horizon, but it wasn't bold enough. Mass Effect 2, in hindsight,was a game that in the overall narrative of the trilogy was filler, but damn if it didn't make you turn your head and listen to what it had to say.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Forced co-op I hope not.
If it's a separate thing and there is still a single player story with just Aloy that's cool.
Games with co-op built in are never as good if you are playing alone and I don't have people to play with!

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
HZD was my PS4 game of the generation so I am really curious what they are going to do with the sequel(s). I just hope we get more and new machines.

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
The early concepts for Horizon seemed to suggest co op. I would be so fucking on board for it in the sequel.