• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018

I watched this YouTuber. You have to understand Japanese a little bit for the live chat and commentary. But I can tell you that they get really emotionally invested by the third act, and a lot of people in the live chat was quite emotional by the end of the playthrough. It was great.

Thanks bro! I'm actually checking some of this out via youtube's horrible but better than nothing auto-translate function. Fascinating!

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn to make a work about a culture and land and then to be accepted,

Always makes me happy to see

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
That is so awesome. I kind of wonder if sony reached out first behind the scenes but that's just the cynic in me. Just so happy for SP for this game.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Does Youtube have auto translate for the Live Chat? Cus I think at some points the live chat was more fun to watch than the player haha. But either way it's pretty good to watch.

It does not, but what I do when I hit interesting parts is cut and paste the chat into google translate. It's amazing how much more civil Japanese chatters are compared to what you find stateside. Sure there is the occasional quip, but I see very little spammers and assholes.

Hotbug

Dec 3, 2020
That has to be a huge honor. I remember some people in here being upset at a western developer making a game set in historical Japan, but after finally playing it (and hearing the opinion of several japanese developers) it's absolutely clear that the amount of care and love put into it is astounding. Props to the whole studio, GoT is a magical experience.

I started playing it and I really love it. The only thing though is if you play with Japanese audio the mouth movements don't sync. I feel like that should have been standard.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Absolutely fantastic game and my GOTY from last year. So well deserved and heart warming to see!

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
What an honor! One of the most impressive ways to acknowledge and award video games (and those who make them) to date.

Ghost is one of the best games I've ever played.

IOTS

Dec 13, 2019
The major seems pretty business savvy. Its nice to see developers getting appreciated for work well done.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
I started playing it and I really love it. The only thing though is if you play with Japanese audio the mouth movements don't sync. I feel like that should have been standard.
Yeah, that was my biggest grip with it. I love, love the japanese cast, but had to play with english voices because of the lip sync. Hopefully stuff like the dynamic lip sync in Yakuza 7 becomes standard in the industry and is implemented by the time Ghost of Tsushima 2 though!

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
18zmoyztm8yh6gif.gif

for real though, congrats Nate and Jason

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that's awesome and well deserved. They did a fantastic job of honoring their culture for a studio on the other side of the world. Such a great game.

A Path Finder

Developer at ioi
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I am playing it on the ps5 right now and it's pretty damn magical. Such a beautiful and emotional game. Seems to me like it's well deserved.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Very cool - I am considering stopping by Tsushima when I plan out my next vacation in Japan.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Tsushima was such a great and beautiful game. I was shocked tbh that a western dev made something that tasteful about that subject matter. The care showed.