• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmgdbug

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (3 days): Trolling
giving phil spencer person of the year is like giving cyberpunk 2077 game of the year

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
XwI9wHq.gif

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Phil isn't the worst of them but I just kind of can't stand corporate PR dudes. Especially not for person of the year.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Person of the Year game awards (which is weird anyways) should go to Creatives/Programmers/Designers not Executives.

No issue with Phil though.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Well deserved. Phil is amazing. Really turned Xbox around (albeit not alone of course. All of team Xbox is great).

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Phil is easily at least the least worst of the corporate people i've read about. So i guess iam not disappointed with this.

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
Lol yikes

He isn't a bad dude and he certainly isn't Hitler but person of the year is a huge stretch

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Phil is easily at least the least worst of the corporate people i've read about. So i guess iam not disappointed with this.
Least Worst Corporate Person of the Year.

What I do like about Phil is 1) he worked his way up from making people coffees at Microsoft when he was just 18 and now he's reporting directly to the CEO and 2) he's a real gamer and uber-nerd but with charisma and doesn't just pretend to be like people in similar positions elsewhere.

What I don't like about Phil is he says the word "frankly" repeatedly in interviews.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I nominate myself as criteriondog's person of the year

thank you all

I will make sure to enjoy gaming even more now

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose if you absolutely must pick one person in gaming, he's not a bad choice.

Games are so much of a collaboration outside of the smallest of indies though that picking one seems odd.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Well-deserved recognition for a genuinely positive force in the industry, someone who cares so much about the games being made at Xbox (and everywhere) and supporting and enabling creators as he's able.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
He's a pretty cool guy eh. He buys studios and doesn't afraid of anything.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
"He never feels like a corp suit..."

Kinda crazy to award one of the highest level execs at trying to sell a brand aka doing his job.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
User Banned (3 Days) - inflammatory point of comparison
Phil Spencer invokes the ire of a segment of Era the way that Obama made the Republicans seethe for 8 years.

Every piece of positive press on Phil is met with a deluge of whataboutism.

TazKa

Oct 27, 2017
Who was nominated at all?

I do not know who to vote, but Spencer because gives interviews left and right?

Sundrowned

Oct 27, 2017
MN
Honestly can't name a single individual in the industry who deserves it more than him, if anyone does at all.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Person of the Year game awards (which is weird anyways) should go to Creatives/Programmers/Designers not Executives.

No issue with Phil though.
This is my thought too. I have no problems with Phil, but he's a PR person and I would love to see this going to developers or people driving change in the industry (like people championing accessibility and whatnot)

Steak

Oct 27, 2017

Don't give a shit about normal phil, my only concern is: when will wide phil get the recognition he deserves.

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
Can't wait to see how Phil will find a way to say "thanks" to VGC using over 500 words.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
This is my thought too. I have no problems with Phil, but he's a PR person and I would love to see this going to developers or people driving change in the industry (like people championing accessibility and whatnot)

Accessibility?
www.xbox.com

Xbox Adaptive Controller | Xbox

Connect switches, buttons, joysticks, and mounts to create a custom controller experience that is uniquely yours.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Lol what

They're talking about Spencer like he's Xbox incarnate and can be used as a stand in for the entire Xbox business.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
I mean in this respect, Phil is certainly driving change in the industry, possibly the most we've seen for a while. Gamepass will bring subscription options, which it's already doing, and their massive commitment to xcloud will try and bring in millions of people who otherwise wouldn't care for console games.

Factor that in with pushing and releasing a very budget conscious console and I'd say he's certainly trying to drive change in the industry.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (permanent): Extensive history of platform wars and concern trolling, ignoring a final warning
What are these silly arbitrary awards people make up? Also, does this person not realise what happened to Halo infinite and the fact they are still selling the broken Cyberpunk 2077 on their store?

Status
Not open for further replies.