• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Good idea?

• Yes, the original will always be there

Votes: 1,371 67.6%
  • No, they shouldn't have remade it

Votes: 657 32.4%

• Total voters

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So development resources will be split between projects? Again everybody knows that a new game will come out eventually but Capcom needs to slow down. Recent RE games needed more time in the oven.
It doesn't work like that. If the rumored RE4 Remake team wasn't working on it, they'd be working on another project that is not RE8. It's the same thing as the notion of a multiplayer team taking away resources. I remember so many people thinking the ME3 multiplayer team was taking away from the singleplayer when in reality they had MP experience that wouldn't add to SP. The RE7 team is likely working on RE8, and M-Two isn't involved in that.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think this would be rad. The remakes of 2 and 3 didn't at all replace the originals for me, and were just exciting reimaginings, and while I can see this being closer to the source that they were, having another version of 4 would be fantastic.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not alowed to be upsett they went with the safest boringest choice in favor of giving dev resources to a completely new project or at least something that would benefit ten times more from a ground up remake?
By all means be upset, but wishing failure and for it to be terrible like a big baby is the stupidest way to go about it when the original 27 versions of the game will forever exist. Just ignore this release.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Skipping Code Veronica is a mistake.

Can't help but feel like this is a lot of remakes back to back, and that's not even getting into the difficulty of remaking a masterpiece like RE4, but we'll see where this goes, I guess.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
It seems to me like Capcom is in the process of creating a relatively coherent universe by remaking most of the games to fit the tone of 7, 2 Remake, and 3 Remake. Makes me wonder if Revelaitons 1 & 2 are even canon at point.

The tone of Revelations 2 wasn't really that different to the more recent ones, if anything it was a bit more serious

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I have a hard time thinking this would be better than the original. 2 and 3 remakes are significantly different in terms of gameplay so there's justification there, but 4 already plays and hold up well. I also don't want to see 4 get the remake treatment in terms of tone, because that game needs to be goofy as hell.

Oct 28, 2017
18c.gif

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Leon better still be round house kicking, suplexing and CHEESEY as HELL.

I want my Krauser knife fight QTE kept intact too.

Literally, the same exact game but in the new engine.

Thanks.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Leon will be same as in RE2, this shouldn't even need to be said, though I hope they keep the most memorable one liners the tone will definitely be different.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Can the ganados actually speak with Spaniard accent instead of the weird latin american accent they use

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Yeah... there's definite quality of life improvements they could add

The tone of Revelations 2 wasn't really that different to the more recent ones, if anything it was a bit more serious
I remember when Moira was out of place as she cursed like a sailor in a franchise that almost never had it. Then REVII and onwards steadily upped the profanity.

Like, the goofiest shit in Rev 2 was Moira's befuddlement at the nonsense inherent in an RE game, and the melodrama of Alex Wesker. Carlos had plenty of comments on goofy club locks in RE2 remake, and while not quite to Alex's level, Nicholai became increasingly a Bond villain as the remake went along. It's not too tonally off--and her backstory with guns honestly is super grounded.

Mighty_Bison

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the comments in this thread are embarrassing. The original RE4 will be always be there, and Capcom are doing something new with RE8.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
RE4 still holds up fine today so I don't feel a remake is necessary, Code Veronica could make for an incredible remake though.

Oct 25, 2017
RE5 at least it had the deep combat system of action-RE.

RE3R just gives you RE2R's combat system and just throws a ton of ammo and enemies at you. Just why?
I do prefer RE5's mechanics, and hope they come back for RE4R, but RE3R's dodge/counter make a really considerable difference, imo, especially against bosses, and the enemies are individually probably more fun to fight than the ones in RE5. It would be even better with the melee system of RE5, but it's still really good!

Using an acid round to stun a Hunter Beta and then stabbing his head open while he's in stun animation, and then finishing him off with perfect dodge knife attacks to conserve ammo will never not be fun as hell.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not alowed to be upsett they went with the safest boringest choice in favor of giving dev resources to a completely new project or at least something that would benefit ten times more from a ground up remake?

If you don't see what's wrong with your post then I'll just be blunt, you're a horrible person.

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine considering yourself a gamer and not wanting a re-imagining of Resident Evil 4 to be made. Just like RE2make and RE3make, RE4make will be its own thing, not a replacement for the original.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized REmake 4 Leon won't be voiced by Paul Mercier.

Now that's why the remake won't surpass the original.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Resident Evil 4 without all the stupid dialogue isn't Resident Evil 4. The hamminess was part of the game's charm. Come on. :(

If you're not on board with stupid shit like "your right hand comes off?", then why the fuck do you want Resident Evil 4 at all?
I think we're getting to a point now where so long as the characters and locations are present, it's enough to make people satisfied for any and all remakes. You can remove every single piece of magic from an original game's magic so long as the recognizable faces and places are there, and people will surround it in a phalanx with "it's a REMAKE" on their shields.

Boya

Jan 1, 2018
By all means be upset, but wishing failure and for it to be terrible like a big baby is the stupidest way to go about it when the original 27 versions of the game will forever exist. Just ignore this release.
I'm not upset at them for potentially ruining RE4.
I'm upsett at them for alocating a major development team to remaking a game that doesn't need it.
A development team that could have been remaking Code Veronica, a team that could have been giving us a additinonal completely new entry in the series instead,
a team that could potentially have given us a modern Onimusha game, a modern Dino Crisis game or a completely new IP.