• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Good idea?

• Yes, the original will always be there

Votes: 1,371 67.6%
  • No, they shouldn't have remade it

Votes: 657 32.4%

• Total voters

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
Remakes should be done in order of the series, but whatever. I'm not sure about this.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
It's one of my favourite games but I'm not really excited. Not interested in them not having Paul Mercier (or any characters) or cutting areas. Except from prettier graphics and more modern controls, there isn't that much I feel they can bring to the table compared to a lot of other classic remakes. They got it so right the first time.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
tenor.gif

Azaan60

Mar 18, 2020
I was planning on playing through all of the RE games at some point. I'll probably wait for this to release and then play em all.

Last edited:

Wariobenotware

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Calling it right now based on the past two remakes. This will be inferior to the original in every single way. The only way for Capcom to do this game justice is to spend 4-5 years developing it and that is not going to happen.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
This is the one game where I would legit salty if they cut out any of it.

I am also legit bummed Capcom isn't (apparantly, as of right now) doing this inhouse tbh.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Hope not just because RE4 still isn't completely outmoded imo. Code Veronica needs a remake/re imagining more than 4 imo. Unless the current goal is to write it out of canon lol

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
If this is a thing, I'm hoping for no real major overhauls to the combat. I like the combat in RE2make but it's also a very different style of game and not one I'd ever want for RE4... That's my only major concern. Otherwise, sure, go for a full reimagining.

DerAuto

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I really hope they keep all the cheese in the game and, if possible, double down on it.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, would've preferred CV or Zero. CV because it just needs an update and Zero because I'm one of the few who actually like it and wouldn't mind seeing an updated train level.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
TBH RE4 is still relatively modern in its design, so barring the obvious graphical update, content and level expansion, improving controls, and integrating the Ada post game sections, I don't know what a "remake" would feasibly add to the game. But maybe that's really all the game needs.

The suplex better stay in though.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
One of the best games ever made without a shadow of a doubt. It's also still highly playable today, so this is interesting. I personally hope they take loads of liberties to re-imagine every locale in the game. This is going to be a must have on the next gen consoles!

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
I wonder how they'll do with their modern realistic seeting with the RE4 evil-dwarf-inexplicably-dressed-as-a-17th-century-noble.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Please no. Why remake it when it holds up perfectly well already, especially with the remaster?

That's like wanting to remake Super Metroid...