• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
New studio M-Two has seen its role significantly reduced on the unannounced project, the sources told VGC, and mainline Resident Evil studio Capcom Division 1 has been brought in to lead a new direction.

It's believed that the disagreements that led to M-Two's reduced role involved the studio's desire to stick faithfully to the template of the original Resident Evil 4, partly influenced by backlash to Resident Evil 3's remake, which did not include significant portions of the original PlayStation game, much to fans' disappointment.

Capcom's production team, however, is said to prefer a direction which would see RE4's remake inspired by the original, but with its own unique take on features, story elements and environments not necessarily confined to the blueprint of the original, similar to Resident Evil 2's use of Mr. X.

Sources said that the Resident Evil 4 Remake would now be partially rebooted under the new mandate, which could see its release delayed by as much as a year to 2023.

Sources: Capcom has overhauled its plans for a Resident Evil 4 remake | VGC (videogameschronicle.com)

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Thank god Capcom doesn't scare away from unique spin with their remakes after RE3R.
This news makes me happy.

Mar 23, 2018
Prob a good time to ask: What would you people remove from RE4?

I don't remember it pretty well, but I do recall the feeling of "That was awesome" once I was done with it.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Prob a good time to ask: What would you people remove from RE4?

I don't remember it pretty well, but I do recall the feeling of "That was awesome" once I was done with it.
The tropes around the female characters, especially the Lolita vibes with the President's daughter. The humor is also pretty lame and doesn't strike me as particularly self-aware enough to pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.