• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

melloon

Jan 17, 2021

Same Clip as the one thats 67 seconds but upscaled to 720p and on Youtube

Idk if it's really news or not but I was was able to read the timeline at the bottom of this one when the sellsword looking guy appears and it says there's 1:25 seconds left, which means the whole trailer is probably right around 2 minutes

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Got excited seeing those bright fantasy colors and environments, then they throw in the dark/dreary "soulsborne" look and I HATE that. I hate the dreary dark settings of the soulsborne games, just give me a bright fantasy with the combat mechanics. I don't like dark/dreary/depressing environments in games...minus some horror games.

Oct 25, 2017
I think there's a modicum of a chance we'll see support for high refresh-rates actually. They may be incentivized to support it now that the new consoles are supporting it and we know they experimented with it in Sekiro (that's why it's the only game of theirs that in any way even can be run at 120fps), they just didn't go as far to support it officially.
That makes sense, actually. Would be amazing. I'd be content with 60fps, but I'm sure my PC could do higher if the option were there
oh shit. "you've crossed the sea of fog"

I understood that reference
What's the reference to? DS3?

If it somehow mixes the classic Dark Souls feel, with agility options like Sekiro, then it will be amazing. Also, I want to see From go at Chalice Dungeons again and actually make them good and replayable.
Don't expect agility options like Sekiro, but definitely stealth options.

I suspect this is being positioned to replace Dark Souls.
For sure. Miyazaki has just never seemed thrilled about doing sequels, but I'm sure it's different if on his terms. Plus we can assume GRRM gave them a lot of lore so maybe that inspired them to do multiple games.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe, if anything, Omni was reserved with his teases. This is genuinely insane. I've never needed a video game more.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I'm so glad this isn't "dark dreary Fromsoft fantasy".

Looks colorful and exciting. I'm intrigued.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, horse back and large environments with souls combat?....oh lawd, gimme now

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I'm so glad this isn't "dark dreary Fromsoft fantasy".

Looks colorful and exciting. I'm intrigued.
Got excited seeing those bright fantasy colors and environments, then they throw in the dark/dreary "soulsborne" look and I HATE that. I hate the dreary dark settings of the soulsborne games, just give me a bright fantasy with the combat mechanics. I don't like dark/dreary/depressing environments in games...minus some horror games.
Boo you guys

I hope we get miasma-filled swamps and crumbling dark castles and sinister catacombs too :P

Latria and Bloodborne > *

But I know we will. We saw glimpses of torch usage in some dark ruin. Dark Souls had both Anor Londo and the Depths. We'll be fine.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't seem a relistic expectation, it's only a finishing animation but Sekiro has a single weapon so making the animations is FAR easier, also you need to take into account magic here too.
Ah, true forgot about that. Would be too much work if they have to account for every weapon.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sure, it's blurry and extremely low-res ... but this gives me DS2 vibes. Please allow me to be slighly concerned, Soulsbornekiro-era.

Day one purchase but I was honestly hoping for a much darker open-world experience for a change.
Quoting myself after watching the upscaled version. Seeing the vegetation a bit clearer gives me even more DS2 vibes (Things Betwixt and Majula); also other stuff like the models and color palette direction. I'm almost sure a lot of artists of the DS2 team are working on ER.

Looks rough, judging from what we've seen. I will likely enjoy it regardless.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
This looks like the least depressing Souls game, even the tone of the music sounds hopeful. Any more cheery than this and its basically the Adventures of Cookie and Cream.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Boo you guys

I hope we get miasma-filled swamps and crumbling dark castles and sinister catacombs too :P

But I know we will. We saw glimpses of torch usage in some dark ruin. Dark Souls had both Anor Londo and the Depths. We'll be fine.

Gonna be wild when the fog in the Sea of Fog is poison!!!

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
the balance between brighter environments, more visually stimulating color pallets, and the classic nightmare-fuel ass enemy design is a nice midpoint imo, but yeah I'm hoping we get a fair share of gritty, fucked up areas too.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
This looks like the least depressing Souls game, even the tone of the music sounds hopeful. Any more cheery than this and its basically the Adventures of Cookie and Cream.

Haha, that's why I have hope that I'll enjoy it. Souls-likes with visuals/environments that are less depressing are something I really enjoy. I know many love them, but I'm not into the Medieval Dungeons/Dark & Brooding settings.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Cmon folks, this is From, of course theres gonna be fucked up areas with macabre level design, its basically a given.

Raspyberry

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This looks great. It's a shame that they still haven't figured out the work from home thing.

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine what drives you to seek From Software games, regardless. I suppose you can't be talked into turning back. Very well then.

So long as Miyazaki is involved with these games, there will be dark/dreary settings. He's said specifically that this approach allows people to appreciate the moments of brightness and colour differently. That won't change.

Oct 26, 2017
That makes sense, actually. Would be amazing. I'd be content with 60fps, but I'm sure my PC could do higher if the option were there
What's the reference to? DS3?

Don't expect agility options like Sekiro, but definitely stealth options.

For sure. Miyazaki has just never seemed thrilled about doing sequels, but I'm sure it's different if on his terms. Plus we can assume GRRM gave them a lot of lore so maybe that inspired them to do multiple games.

Yeah, unlike Dark Souls it seems this was conceived as an IP with multiple entries from the start.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Quoting myself after watching the upscaled version. Seeing the vegetation a bit clearer gives me even more DS2 vibes (Things Betwixt and Majula); also other stuff like the models and color palette direction. I'm almost sure a lot of artists of the DS2 team are working on ER.

Looks rough, judging from what we've seen. I will likely enjoy it regardless.
Cmon bruh, you know you cant tell anything from these low res(upscaled or not) videos lol. Especially the assets. I can see what youre saying concerning the color palette though. But I think the game will have a day/night cycle will give all areas different feels depending on time of day.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Gonna be wild when the fog in the Sea of Fog is poison!!!
Hehehehe
Morrigan, my dear. After five games of it, they needed a change in art direction. I was simply getting tired of the oppressive darkness.
But...

DARK-SOULS_-REMASTERED_20180527041540.png
DSLj0njUIAARd9p.jpg

DARK-SOULS_-REMASTERED_20180528015346.png
DARK-SOULS_-REMASTERED_20180526013904.png

DARK-SOULS-II_-Scholar-of-the-First-Sin_20151014014938.png
DARK-SOULS-II_-Scholar-of-the-First-Sin_20151013230531.png

DARK-SOULS-II_-Scholar-of-the-First-Sin_20151013233925.png
DARK-SOULS-II_-Scholar-of-the-First-Sin_20151014004143.png

DARK-SOULS-II_-Scholar-of-the-First-Sin_20160917015232.png
DARK-SOULS-III_20160502170820.png

DARK-SOULS-III_20161028001114.png
DARK-SOULS-III_20170329001427.png

DARK-SOULS-III_20170401005117.png
DARK-SOULS-III_20161103225609.png

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Give me a dragon or a creature of some sort hunting my shit dinamically throughout the open world, Miyazaki-sama. I need my dynamic boss fights out when I'm exploring. It's the first thing that came to my mind as soon as it became known this is more open.

Oct 26, 2017
Boo you guys

I always presumed Miyazaki came to Britain one day and thought, this slaps

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
This looks so damn rough.

FROM really needs to work on their animations.
I respectfully disagree. Obviously they are not naughty dog level, but they are good, stylish and very functional. I can replay the original Demon, and the firts Dark Souls without any problems with its animations, and the newer games have awesome ones. weapons transformations in Bloodborne are so satisfying!

convo

Oct 25, 2017
People who apparently lost internet since 2019 seem to come in and ask why this looks like a Fromsoftware game. I go a step beyond for my japes and claim their efforts to make an ER trailer not look like Dark Souls is the reason this game will be delayed for another 2 years.