• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_2021-03-01_at_18.40.27.png

Hnnnnng give it to me now

IteAH7A.gif

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
It sucks that so many companies are just sitting on reveals these days. Trailer was made last year? Seems this game has been far along in development for awhile now and yet they still don't want to show it. Disappointing!

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I don't know why I had this mental image of the game having more Western design sensibilities when the developer is From and the publisher is Bandai Namco. Shown player character is anime as fuck. Guess this will lean closer to Berserk than Dark Souls.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Wow the world design seems to be insane for an open-world game. First From game that might click with me.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
You'll get a capped 60fps and you'll like it.

Sekiro eventually got a mod for unlocked framerate, but it'd take some time to do the same for ER, I'm sure.
I think there's at least a modicum of a chance we'll see support for high refresh-rates actually. They may be incentivized to support it now that the new consoles are supporting it and we know they experimented with it in Sekiro (that's why it's the only game of theirs that in any way even can run at 120fps), they just didn't go as far to support it officially.

Last edited:

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Ahw man, that blows. Hate stuff like that... usually incompetent marketing departments not giving a shit.

(Sore subject)

Tongobonbgo

Feb 23, 2021
This has turned my downer of a day into a good one. Horse combat does look awkward to me though. That's been one aspect that I've really been worried about.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
It sucks that so many companies are just sitting on reveals these days. Trailer was made last year? Seems this game has been far along in development for awhile now and yet they still don't want to show it. Disappointing!
I like the way From typically has short reveal to release schedules, if it's true it's not coming out till next year then let them keep their silence. Must have been Bandai's request to put out the original CG reveal trailer so long ago.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Again, from this thread's information.
FROMSOFT didn't want it shown because they felt it was too rough and gave a bad impression that it was too similar to dark souls. Thus, the creator's intent didn't come through.

If i was FROMSOFT, I wouldn't want to show anything until it represents my final vision for the product. Who knows, maybe technology has pivoted and changed since next gen systems have been tinkered with since then. We don't know.

The best and most interesting thing from this trailer is the epic landscape shots.

JayBabay

Oct 25, 2017
California
Finally we got something and it looks like Souls gameplay alright, just curious to see with an open world how they do their magic with map design. Maybe some very intricate dungeons.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's not the intention, I just noticed the watermark that is way more clear on the last clip. That said, I'm sure that I won't be the only one to notice that and that probably sucks for whoever leaked this.
Whoever leaked this either already left or will be promptly getting the axe, depending on how tight BNE's chain of custody controls are around confidential content.