• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Skyrim and God of War in the top 10 lol. Fallout 4 being on this list at all lol

solid list otherwise, if a bit too western focused

nice to see Stardew on there. Bloodborne too low. Portal 2 too low. Let's Go getting props is nice, didn't expect that. hopefully the author doesn't get harassed. I'd probably just swap FTL for Into the Breach by the same developer. Fortnite probably way too low tbh. that feels like a hipster ass placement.
God of War is one of highest rated games this decade. What is Lol?

Oct 25, 2017
Agree with Witcher #1. Don't really agree with the rest of the order but not a bad list overall

Good to see Hitman getting some recognition

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
There's a few in there I wouldn't put that high myself but...yeah I can fuck with that top 10 list.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I think an actual discussion can be had that the only games in the Top 25 of the Decade that aren't big AAA titles with storefront displays, magazine cover stories, TV ads, etc are #13, 17, 18, 19, and 24.

But for now, let's stick to reddit upvote-farming comments.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Only AC, BotW, Odyssey and Pokemon Go/Let's go of Nintendo games in the list, why do I have a feeling that these games are only included to say "yeah we play Nintendo games too" because they only listed games from the 4 biggest nintendo series and ignored titles like Xenoblade and Fire Emblem.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Only AC, BotW, Odyssey and Pokemon Go/Let's go of Nintendo games in the list, why do I have a feeling that these games are only included to say "yeah we play Nintendo games too" because they only listed games from the 4 biggest nintendo series and ignored titles like Xenoblade and Fire Emblem.
I mean if I made a list fire emblem and xenoblade wouldn't be on it. Different tastes.

OP
OP

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
It's not just a lack of Japanese games, it's also a lack of any game that isn't 79.99 with a big window display at your local Gamestop lol.
The lack of smaller indie games or even just AA is disappointing when you get the the upper reaches of the list but their methodology will always favour games with a much higher reach as more people on their staff would have played them.

And they might genuinely just prefer the bigger name games overall.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I mean if I made a list fire emblem and xenoblade wouldn't be on it. Different tastes.
Yeah but there is no game from any Nintendo franchise that isnt Mario/AC/Pokemon/Zelda, and even only considering this franchises there are clear absences like Mario Galaxy 2, Mario Maker, ALBW.
It is also ignoring 3rd party exclusives like SMT4

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What's with that Dark Souls 3 blurb? Do they not know that all 3 games came out this decade?

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
i love shadow of the colossus, it's one of my personal favorites, but i think it really goes against the spirit of "game of the decade" to have the remake on this list

the re2 remake fits because it's a lot different from the original, both visually and mechanically. afaik, the sotc 2018 remake is basically a visual update. i'm not downplaying the work bluepoint put into it, but it doesn't quite change the experience that you get from playing the original ps2 version.

nice to see dragon's dogma and hitman 2016 on the list though!

anyway, when is resetera doing its own official game of the decade ranking???

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I like FO4 but in the top 10 I don't know, chief. Almost forgot that Mass Effect 2 released this decade. Not mad at it being #2.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thats a near perfect top ten.... ; ) im mostly being facetious and trolling, but i agree with most of it. Though even though i liked fallout 4 quite a bit, i think that spot is better taken by mario galaxy 2, odyssey, 3d world, or a link between worlds

mass effect 2, skyrim, dark souls, and red dead absolutley Deserve those spots

Last edited:

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017
Missing the GOAT multiplayer game....

GrotesqueSereneHammerheadshark-size_restricted.gif

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would put FO4, Skyrim and God of War out of top ten, otherwise it is pretty good.