• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Yes it's absolutely stunning. I've been taking so many screenshots.
Of course a tropical island always helps if you want to show off graphics

Nov 9, 2017
DLC seems great, looks next gen. Pardon my ignorance, but why is this only included for Game Pass Ultimate members instead of regular Game Pass? Is it because this is DLC?

Mido

Oct 27, 2017
Does it spoil the Gears 5 storyline at all? Haven't finished it yet.

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat it.
Absolutely stunning graphically.
Also damn, gears is just fun as hell.
Would really love them to push the abilities stuff even more next game. The shooting is literally perfect and I think adding more abilities and more depth to it, is the way to go.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
15-12-2020_22-49-34-b27kgo.png

15-12-2020_22-42-53-j4okwb.png

15-12-2020_23-23-54-t93jb9.png

15-12-2020_22-44-14-qlvj0a.png

15-12-2020_22-42-32-cadjg1.png

15-12-2020_22-42-00-fbkjm0.png

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
100%

So good looking. Setting certainly helped as well. Glad to see Gears getting some varied colour palettes since TC took over.

Apr 21, 2018
Series X is my first Xbox.
Gears 5 is the first game I played (and have now beaten). Oh what an amazing and underrated game.

There are tons of jaw dropping moments, tons of modes, and this DLC looks incredible. The campaign was a ton of fun.

Can't wait to jump in tonight.

killa2max

May 17, 2018
Seattle, WA
Damn those screenshots look reaaalllll nice. Might have to try that out tonight, even though I haven't played through the normal campaign yet.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Is the DLC free ? I decided to get it on steam for $9 back in the sale instead of having to use the dreaded windows Xbox app

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I downloaded it last night; can't wait to play it. And its only 3 hours long which is just perfect for me right now.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Only played to the first hive...but yes. The lighting especially. Looks a decent jump over gears 5.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Colorful Gears is always welcome.

I finished Gears of War 2 not long ago and oh my gosh what a fucking depressing visual style.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
How do I access this if I bought Gears 5 and have GP ultimate? Do I automatically get it?

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
I don't like the IP much, but it's one of the most visually impressive games I've seen.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Did they target next gen for this? What makes it look better than Gears 5?

If you're comparing Gears 5 on Xbox One X to it on Series X, they bumped it up to PC Ultra settings and beyond on the latter. If you already played Gears 5 maxed out on PC, the jump is much less significant, though they've added the new effects they did for Series X to the PC version now as well—some improved lighting and shadow effects, basically. (All these improvements apply to Gears 5 in general and not just Hivebusters.)

Can you install this without installing gears 5? that game is too big

They added an install manager to Gears 5, so you can actually do a base install (~40 GB, seems to include shared assets and the first act of the campaign), then launch the game and pick what other parts you want to install. I only have that base install and Hivebusters installed (on PC Game Pass).

Does this have screen space GI on PC?

Yes, they've added that now, along with all the other Series X effects as far as I can tell.

How do I access this if I bought Gears 5 and have GP ultimate? Do I automatically get it?

You'd have free access to this through Game Pass Ultimate. Exactly what menus you'd have to jump through to get it depends on your platform, but I expect you could just launch Gears 5 and follow any in-game menus that advertise Hivebusters.

Screenshots are amazing, is this like Uncharted Lost Legacy, or an actual DLC?

If you mean in terms of how it's delivered, as a fully stand-alone thing or DLC add-on, it's the latter. You'd need to have Gears 5 already.

Last edited:

HMD

Oct 26, 2017

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
If you're comparing Gears 5 on Xbox One X to it on Series X, they bumped it up to PC Ultra settings and beyond on the latter. If you already played Gears 5 maxed out on PC, the jump is much less significant, though they added the new effects for Series X to the PC version now as well—some improved lighting and shadow effects, basically.

They added an install manager to Gears 5, so you can actually do a base install (~40 GB), then launch the game and pick what parts you want to install.

Yes, they've added that now.
Nice, will check it out.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's absolutely gorgeous -- a great showcase for the Series X.

I wonder if this was originally supposed to release last month. Perhaps it would have made a bigger splash then. Can't complain too much though, it's nice to have a steady stream of releases.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
It really does look exceptional, especially as you run through some of the later areas. It also helps that the pacing (so far for me) has been so great.

What exactly is this mode?

New story campaign add-on, takes places before the main game, with a totally separate cast. Short-form, different tone, and included for free if you have Game Pass Ultimate.

CabooseMSG

Jun 27, 2020
DLC seems great, looks next gen. Pardon my ignorance, but why is this only included for Game Pass Ultimate members instead of regular Game Pass? Is it because this is DLC?
Yea, the normal game pass games haven't been special editions or had DLC, and when you download this through Game Pass Ultimate you download the Ultimate Edition

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I saw this pop-up today and didn't know what it was. Looks like I'm going to need to download it!!

Edit**

My copy of Gears 5 did update recently. Was that part of the update, or do I need to download something separate??

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

It'a like Lost Legacy but smaller. It's only about 3-4 hours long.

But, yeah, in principle it's a similar thing. Side story told through a new separate campaign starring different characters.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
It'a like Lost Legacy but smaller. It's only about 3-4 hours long.

But, yeah, in principle it's a similar thing. Side story told through a new separate campaign starring different characters.

Just checked Steam, and I'm sad to say it requires the base game to install :/