• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In our E3 chat with Paweł Sasko, the lead quest designer on Cyberpunk 2077, we learned about the arid Badlands surrounding Night City, where the game begins. Apparently, though, the Badlands are just one of three playable prologues players can choose between at the beginning of the game.

Sauce

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious to see just how different they are.

Either way, can't wait to experience all of them.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Sounds very good, reminds me a little about Dragon Age Origins and shows commitment to replayability.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I am ready to have my corporate bottom be fired :)
That's how all those of our kind start their play (with our last pay as start up money).
They are just jealous and frightened.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Ai6VQvq.gif

Gong Female V on all 3.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I bet one of them is what the footage we've seen so far was. It makes sense with Jackie dying in the trailer although he seemed like a major character.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
10 and a half years after DA: Origins but I'll take it.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
My favourite thing is going through a quest line, getting what's needed and the experience... Only to then kill the person I helped! The original Deus Ex and Dishonoured 2 are great for this.

But yeah, Thanos is a great lad. Love that guy.

0rFRSE3.gif

*Gasp* I generally play nice folk and so I can't really empathize (Granted I have save scummed in Fallout 3 and NV because I screwed around with certain important NPCs only to undo them right after). That said, I too love Thanos.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thats good, some of the classes would be a bit odd to have the same prologue.

Deleted member 54320

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
0rFRSE3.gif

*Gasp* I generally play nice folk and so I can't really empathize (Granted I have save scummed in Fallout 3 and NV because I screwed around with certain important NPCs only to undo them right after). That said, I too love Thanos.
Honestly, I find it really hard to play nice when playing games that offer such choices. Like, I will always play the bad guy (if I can).

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Character creation in this game is gunna give me anxiety. I can't even decide on gender let alone backstory and build

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
It is legit incredible how Dragon age origins like separate prologues for different classes/races where appropriate isn't more common in modern RPGs
Edit: THEY WERE SO PROUD OF IT THEY NAMED THE GAME AFTER THEM

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
Happy to hear this! I really liked the prologues in Dragon Age: Origins, I've played them all. I hope they will be different enough in Cyberpunk 2077. I will play each one of them anyway.

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If I choose Corpo I want to be fired by a trumpet inspired CEO, and later in the game return to fire him instead.

But anyways, excited!

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
That's certainly ambitious. I hope they end up in a situation where their ambition gets the better of them and the game suffers because of it.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
This was the best thing about Dragon Age: Origins so I'm very interested.

I need to see that badlands area so baaad

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is want I need from every RPG since DA:O was a thing. Made me replay the game like 6-7 times to see everything.

It is legit incredible how Dragon age origins like separate prologues for different classes/races where appropriate isn't more common in modern RPGs
Edit: THEY WERE SO PROUD OF IT THEY NAMED THE GAME AFTER THEM

Never thought about it like that lol.

Deleted member 56580

Banned
May 8, 2019
Can play corpo but not rockstar ?!

Disappointing but welcomed. Might do that full non lethal / almost not augmented run in the end

Zexen

Oct 27, 2017
Dragon Age : Origins is my fav game and it does this too. Could this be a good sign ?

This is really neat, it allows for better immersion in the character we will play for several hours, and it can only be a good thing.