• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

Switch in docked mode renders at a native resolution of 1920x1080. Switch in portable mode renders at a native resolution of 1280x720.

Portable mode is also not capped at 30fps and appears to also drop below 30fps at points such as during the scene at 2:58.

ELYjFO5.png

I might be mistaken but the game also seems to have the PS4/XB1 visual changes such as the wider field of view.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
The few dips (from quickly checking out the video) slightly below 30 wouldn't be much of a problem if they just locked the game to 30fps. But this just wildly changes from 55fps to 28fps. Will never understand why you would opt to do that.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Wow. People may as well just go and dig out their old PS3 copies from ten years ago if it's gonna be like this.

Oct 27, 2017
I hate the Resi games on Switch. Framerate is all over the place. Instead of a locked 30 they are ~20 to 60 fps. I hate that.

Yahabane

Alt Account
Banned
Sep 29, 2019
Unfortunately, Capcom probably won't release any updates to fix these issues or add gyro aiming. How disappointing. And ERA members would also jump on you if you dare criticize the quality of Capcom's ports because "they don't owe us anything".

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
B-but capgods

The game is also bigger than on PS4, same for RE6. For some reason.

Am I able to download this from Nintendo shop on web to download on my switch?

I can't find it
Yeah, just go on the store page (like https://www.nintendo.fr/Jeux/Jeux-a-telecharger-sur-Nintendo-Switch/Resident-Evil-5-1575781.html ) and you get a "download demo" button above the purchase one on the right. Should be the same for every NOE website at least, no idea for the US ones, different layout.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's almost like you consistently heard reports about inconsistent framerate on Switch games, whether it's new/old port, even first party games.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
It's almost like you consistently heard reports about inconsistent framerate on Switch games, whether it's new/old port, even first party games.
You can replace "Switch" by any other platform (hell, you should if you're talking about first party games only), not sure what's your point there.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
That performance is fucking awful. I was down to get this but not in that form.

Capcom RE ports have all been shit besides Revelations 1 and 2. The game is dropping to 22fps during the first major combat sequence. Literally no excuse.

Last edited:

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I tried both demos and was convinced to pass on both of them. 5 feels consistently bad, 6 is all over the place. Sometimes it felt good, but never when it mattered. Running at a good framerate in a hallway doesn't count for much when it shits the bed as combat starts. Having just finished up playthrough of 4 and 5 on an X, the feeling was immediately noticeable and had a significant impact on my ability to aim.

After being happy with the Revelations ports, I'm really bummed out by these. I would love to have all of these games on the go, but I can't support these low-effort ports (especially at the $30 price point).

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not surprised considering the fact that this game didn't run at a locked 60 fps on X1X and PS4 Pro.

It would be nice if Capcom gave players an option to cap the frame rate at 30fps.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
These ports feel bad playing and felt sick of after playing. Even if capped at 30fps. you get still get performance drops in the 20s.

Apr 19, 2018
RE5's performance does look rough but not entirely surprising given just about every other HD release of the game.

I'm glad RE4 Switch turned out a lot better, hitches and all.