• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
For my contribution:

This song perfectly captures the bittersweet emotions of journey's end. It's my favorite song in video games.

That Nintendo left this track off the 30th anniversary Zelda soundtrack album is a travesty. LttP got five tracks while Four Freaking Swords Adventures got ten. Mind-boggling.

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2wzMZzdNJA
It's cliche as hell but it's the Ocarina of Time title theme for me.

Those opening notes when combined with the sound of Epona galloping somehow combine to create a very specific time machine, one that takes me back to being ten years old in my pyjamas, fishing at Hylia Lake with my little brother while I wait for my mum to wake up.

Jacobson

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The ending song (Lullaby For You) in TWEWY really hit me hard. Fantastic ending to a fantastic game.

denseWorm

Banned
May 15, 2020
Vanilla WoW, in part because i played with the music off for 99.9% of my 350-odd days in that game

Cyberclops

Mar 15, 2019

This a variation of the normal end theme that only plays when you're about to attempt your final run at completing the game. I won't spoil it more than that but it's an amazing music crescendo to an outstanding game. Somehow both serene yet stressful.

This is all assuming that you don't activate it too early by accident lol

Yes

Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely tell no one and delete after reading, but we were in an event where a live orchestra played different video game music. I got so overwhelmed by the feels, jeez. So good. Highly recommend. Halo's theme song almost made me cry.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017

I can't really play Xenoblade anymore because its gameplay has aged terribly for me after getting into the Souls games, but man that OST is absolutely one of the best ever.

It's hard to explain exactly what emotion(s) this tune makes me feel. I love it.

Hecht

Pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
This entire album:

DammitLloyd

Oct 25, 2017
Such an amazing VG soundtrack in general, but this one really hits the feels for me.

rest in peace, buddy.

HOSKINGJ

Jan 5, 2018
What Remains of Edith Finch - Gregory (though that's an existing piece of classical music rather than an original composition)

Florence - just the opening piano keys really start to move me

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017

This one always makes me incredibly somber, especially right after finishing the ending of InFamous 2.

Half as long.
Twice as bright.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Need to find what the track that plays on either Suikoden 3 or 5 during the party ending montage, but a song that I can post right now is this.

Fire Emblem Fates has a lot of issues, between it broken into three part story, which has some pretty bad writing, especially over in Conquest. But in the end it a game about gathering a team to defeat some big evil. After their party ending montage, this track starts playing. Makes me feel a bit sad to be done with the game and the characters.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Irrespective of anything in the game, when I got the Bit.Trip collection the CD sampler is a journey. Specifically when you reach the last track, Catharsis.

Reminds me of something like Surface to Air by the Chemical Brothers, where something wordless and with no context can take you on an emotional ride.

May 28, 2020
For nostalgia (but still an amazing collection music nonetheless) it's Grim Fandango.

www.youtube.com

Grim Fandango Remastered Orchestral Soundtrack (Director's Cut edition)

A big THANK YOU to Double Fine and Tim Schafer!Please consider buying the soundtrack at:- Sumthing.com [*]: http://www.sumthing.com/p/grim-fandango-remastere...

In terms recent-ish releases, the Hollow Knight OST is something really beautiful imo.

www.youtube.com

Hollow Knight Official Soundtrack (Full Album)

Humble Bundle Monthly, get over $100 worth of games for only $12 https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly?refc=8yIsjS Tracklist in description below. Soundtrack ...

Aureon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Too many to list.

But there's also Undertale's titular track, To Zanarkand and Suteki da Ne from FFX, a ton more from IX, and most recently Hollow from FF7RE.

Jan 11, 2020
There are too many to choose from tbh.
But from a nostalgic point of view, this one hits pretty hard - and it is not often referenced even though it's a great track! :)

youtu.be

Vietcong music( Pseudo Hendrix )

This is the famous menu theme of the game Vietcong, written by Rude Kostry ...Please add comments !!

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017

This one got me from the first note of the theme. I still wait for a game that will top Mass Effect's Sigil.

klauskpm

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil

This game hit me in every single step and the music is a important part of the game. I can remember each part of it when the music starts playing.

Both the reveal and the game had music that were essential. Although I put Gris in a whole league apart, I still remember some specific scenes while playing some songs.

Now, there are also game trailers that have the most hype musics ever. I just listened to them for days.

Try to guess the games:

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Came here to post Virtue's Last Reward and delighted to find this is already a Zero Escape thread. Kudos, OP!

Anyway this one (don't listen OP if you haven't finished VLR):

S2KTeDDy

Jan 22, 2018
All my faves are listed except for Eternity: Memory of Lightwaves

Just recently managed to learn most of this on piano during lockdown... amazing