• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
581a1fd33d96c9affebd1d22b4c7f7ba.jpg

what

2cc.jpg

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should be careful when they start tugging the nostalgia strings, the last package by supposed ex-Rare giants was a wholly mediocre one (Playtonic), Infact Nuts and Bolts was a much better product then the Banjo clone.

I'm always up for visiting Norwegian Fjords though, so put me down as an interested party.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
The lighting and texturing look very drab for this kind of a title. I wish them the best but I think they are going to need to work on some of the assets or it's going to be very hard to distinguish from titles that copy and paste open source resources.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The spiritual successor to yooka laylee

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, assets look cheap but if the platforming gameplay evolves (significantly) beyond what's in the video it could be good. Even great.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
How Rare and Rare veterans seem to hit that "the worst most hideous art design in the industry" mark each and every time is amazing. I liked Battletoads art style because it cribbed from so many of the great 80's animal fighterz of the era but then Googly Eyes took over completely over there it seems and fuck me if it hasn't been an unbroken boulevard of 3D Render Test mascot rejects since.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
"Golden age of Rare"

This might get them into trouble with people. It's a high bar to achieve. Also, the visual design is not cohesive. It looks kind of unfinished, despite having some nice effects. It could be fun though.

louris

Oct 27, 2017
Looks extremely bland and generic so far unfortunately, like those UE4 fan-made conversions or tech demos or something. And that Uzi segment was friggin bizarre. Feels like they wanted to show fof whatever they had until now to get some support/funding.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The rush of developers trying to capitalize on Rare nostalgia sure has been a ride.

Also before reading all the David Wise posts I was going to make a post about the trailer music sounding like it fell off some royalty free CD someone found.

Last edited:

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
the licensed beanie boos game we were all waiting for

it all looks uncanny as hell

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Looks extremely bland and generic so far unfortunately, like those UE4 fan-made conversions or tech demos or something. And that Uzi segment was friggin bizarre. Feels like they wanted to show fof whatever they had until now to get some support/funding.
yeah it honestly looks like a tech demo a developer might make for a kickstarter when they need extra funding

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
I'm kinda interested, but I really hope they can get it to look more.. unique, it just looks like one of those generic UE4 fan remakes.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I guess the idea in this one is that instead of playing as the twins and their dog you play as the creatures that you have to rescue on JFG?

jet-force-gemini-tribals.jpg

Could be cool but gee the character is not cute at all, will give a chance for that David Wise soundtrack tho.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Well i guess it's safe to say nobody thought "Cute cuddly fuzzy critter" when thinking "Jet Force Gemini spiritual Successor"
Then again, the early press screens of JFG featured character designs that were much more kewpie doll-like in their appearance than what was in the final version.

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hard to get a handle on what the combat and platforming involves with that jarring editing. Looks quite pleasant on the surface.though.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Alright I'm interested. I've wanted a JFG2 since forever, so I guess this'll do. Dancing ants is all you need to convince me.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
The characters and world have clashing art styles like those awful "nintendo game" remade in unreal engine 4 videos, also the world itself just looks dull and boring. Still hopefully this turns out good, it looks neat. And yeah the ants look ripped right out of jet force gemini

Last edited: