• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
Postie just delivered the two I ordered, impressed with how quick they arrived here in Scotland. The packaging and quality of the actual grips are amazing and now I have so many great games to play as they were intended. Gonna start with Dragon Blaze and Ikaruga, what a treat!

I'm in Scotland and haven't received mine yet :(

Oct 29, 2017
Mind just arrived, it is an excellent product! Remarkably well designed and built, it actually feels like a first party quality accessory!

Well worth the money! Very pleased with it! :D

they were asking 42.5k for this?
This is like, a weekend project. You can search it on thingiverse and there are many variants done already. (this and this looks good).
Maybe it costs that much, but the cad models were fully done already and there's no breakdown of the spending.

(before anyone gets tilted, I recognize this is a much more polished product compared to what I found on thingiverse, but they asked for 42.5k)

There's a massive difference between a cheap, 3D printed piece of tat and a proper, well designed and well built product. This is most certainly the latter!

Sure, the concept is simple and it's easy to make something that does the same job; but making a well designed product that accounts for ergonomics, stability, console ventilation and a quality feel is much harder! That $42.5k was peanuts for a product this well designed and well made!

Mr_Bubbles

Jan 28, 2018
Received mine today, feels very sturdy and I really like the simple yet cute design.

My Cyber Gadget Joy-con grips even fit just barely on the rails, but I probably need to file off 1.5 mm of plastic on either side of the grips in order to make it a perfect fit (the R trigger for instance doesn't work now because of the strain). Portable TATE mode with perfect grip :D

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Christ, why for over a week my tracked package is still in LA waiting acceptance, when it said its accepted...

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I've received mine, and I'm in Melbourne, Australia. I know of another guy who has, too. Just FYI.

Oct 27, 2017
I think the one thing that kinda stinks is that it makes me realize how few games are playable this way. Tempted to get the SNK compilation.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite is Namco Arcade because the whole GUI rotates. Ikaruga is the same way and is a stand out game for the grip. The new Atari collection's auto rotate is nice as well.
Yeah, I'll likely grab Namco the next time it goes on sale. Unfortunately, of all the retro compilations on Switch, I think this one is the worst value.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'll likely grab Namco the next time it goes on sale. Unfortunately, of all the retro compilations on Switch, I think this one is the worst value.
Agreed, it's insanely overpriced. Picked it up last night and it's fine — the games are classic and it's a fun time with nice menus, but it should be USD 20 at the very most, especially considering that there are other compilations for its retail price that contain many, many more games.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
My favorite is Namco Arcade because the whole GUI rotates. Ikaruga is the same way and is a stand out game for the grip. The new Atari collection's auto rotate is nice as well.

I would love it if the Arcade Archives ever update to support rotated menus. It wasn't too bad to set things up for Donkey Kong and Punch-Out, but it would get super annoying if I had to switch between Flip Grip and the TV on a regular basis.

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I don't like about it is that when I slide the switch in it hits the volume buttons and raises it all the way up or down. Then I don't have access to the buttons without pulling it out, which causes it to hit the buttons and adjust it again.

Other than that it works really well, and feels super solid. They didn't cheap out on the plastic at all.

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I don't like about it is that when I slide the switch in it hits the volume buttons and raises it all the way up or down. Then I don't have access to the buttons without pulling it out, which causes it to hit the buttons and adjust it again.

Other than that it works really well, and feels super solid. They didn't cheap out on the plastic at all.
I just hold home once it's in the slot and turn the volume down/up.

Has anyone tried Route-16? It looks charming.

JeremyParish

Retronaut
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I just got a notification that my copy will be delivered today, so we'll know soon enough! I'll be sure to update the Retronauts article either way.

Oct 28, 2017
Yo, are you positive the Atari collection auto-rotates in the correct direction? I've been trying to find confirmation of that.

Yup, I have a physical version of the game.

You can have it either prompt you before you play compatible arcade games or you can set it to do it automatically every time. It only rotates one way which is luckily the way that works with the grip.

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, I have a physical version of the game.

You can have it either prompt you before you play compatible arcade games or you can set it to do it automatically every time. It only rotates one way which is luckily the way that works with the grip.
How is the Atari collection? I bought one of them for the PS4 a couple years back and was vaguely dissatisfied, but 150 games (or more likely, variants?) of Atari classic games is kind of hard for me to pass by.

JeremyParish

Retronaut
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Raleigh, NC
It seems OK. The auto-rotation feature on the 8 vertical arcade games is neat, but I hate the auto-controller orientation. If you're playing with Joy Cons detached (say, with Flip Grip) it assumes you're holding them sideways for two-player action and you have to go in and rearrange the orientation on a game-by-game basis every single time you return to the menu. Suuuuucks. But the breadth of the catalog is impressive and I haven't been horribly offended by the emulation quality so far.

Turrican3

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
S
Yeah, were a few here to seem to have this problem. Iv email fangamer about it, not answer yet...
Sorry for the double post but I wanted to give an update.

Well, the tracking turned out being totally unreliable: as a matter of fact, the FlipGrip arrived today!

So I would guess there's something weird going on with Italian addresses. But as long as stuff shows up...

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
S

Well, the tracking turned out being totally unreliable: as a matter of fact, the FlipGrip arrived today!

So I would guess there's something weird going on with Italian addresses. But as long as stuff shows up...
Ohhh interesting! Ill cross my finger and hope to see it arrive by next week!

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair to FanGamer shipping in the US right now is fucking bananas with the ramp up to the holiday. I have some stuff from Amazon estimating anywhere from tomorrow to January. I had a package that said it was lost in transit, showed up the next day, merchant reached out to me and apologized, told them it showed up no bigs, and they refunded the entire order anyway for the trouble. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
S

It's just that the USPS tracking stops outside the US, you then have to manually convert the tracking number into something in use. Here in France I gave up and just waited. It arrived today, and I can't wait to try it on some shmup!

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I feel lucky that I'm in Australia and managed to get it! Fingers crossed it comes for everyone else ASAP.

Turrican3

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
It's just that the USPS tracking stops outside the US, you then have to manually convert the tracking number into something in use. Here in France I gave up and just waited. It arrived today, and I can't wait to try it on some shmup!
I can understand that, problem is, their status message totally misled me because it stated "Package Acceptance Pending".

So it felt natural to think something was wrong until I talked to a couple of friends of mine and they told me they were experiencing the exact same thing.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
I can understand that, problem is, their status message totally misled me because it stated "Package Acceptance Pending".

So it felt natural to think something was wrong until I talked to a couple of friends of mine and they told me they were experiencing the exact same thing.
Oh definitely.
Hope you enjoy the Grip, it's really nice!

Deleted member 15123

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My flip grip arrived here in Germany yesterday. I'm really happy with it; it is indeed a solid, well-designed product, with the only issue being the volume rocker getting activated when I attach it to the console.

johan

Oct 29, 2017
Got mine! The product is of excellent quality and works as intended!

Good for them schmups

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Was wondering where my order was then realized I never did the survey to confirm my address.

Kinda annoyed but at least it I fixed that so it should be here in the next couple of days.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone in Canada receive it yet? God, i want it to arrive before the 18 to play Attack From Mars!

Edit: just check my email and after emailing fangamer iv receive this information

´ The shipping method used does not have tracking- it is a customs number only and will stop updating after it leaves the Los Angeles international sorting facility. Please let us know if your package has not arrived by December 31st and we will be able to re-ship it for you. ´

So im guessing we have to stop panicking over the tracking number,.