• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
The Night Sky Prince made this great video

Stella lives!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Yeah, I got to that last night and the only thing I could think of was Versus XIII/XV. I love that they referenced all of this too.

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
Got to that last night, and man, this game must be a fever dream for Nomura fans. Good stuff all around.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Probably wanna throw a spoiler tag on this. Considering how left field it is, it'd be a shame if it got ruined for people.

But yeah, it was a pretty crazy moment. Also, man, that game seemed good.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this should be spoiler--tagged. This is one of the best surprises and shouldn't be ruined for first-time players.

Oct 25, 2017
It's incredible how it happens out of nowhere, loved it.

Could we not spoil stuff like this for like a week or something, lol.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
How about not spoiling a game that just came out yesterday in the title of your thread?

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
First the Travis Strikes Again spoiler in a thread title and now this. I hope your satisfaction of e-karma was worth spoiling a 2-day old game for fans that waited for years.

OP
OP
AzureFlame

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
I'm sorry guys I thought it wasn't really clear in game that this referenced Versus 13 so i wanted people to know about that from this video.

Last edited:

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
This is a super poor way to present this thread since it's a huge spoiler to one of the best moments in the game. Give that title some reformatting man.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I was very confused when I checked out Giant Bomb's quicklook and it started with this weirdness.
This is a super poor way to present this thread since it's a huge spoiler to one of the best moments in the game. Give that title some reformatting man.

If this 60 second CG video that is entirely unrelated to KH3 is one of the best moments in the game then that speaks kinda poorly about KH3 I gotta say.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. This was a nice surprise in the game. I spoiled myself in the spoiler thread, but I know some people would not like knowing this and it ruins it for them.

Please don't take your topics from YT which is spoiler central.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny that another video game recently did something really similar.
Travis Strikes Again.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I also like how Nomura completely takes the piss out of how wacky the Dream Drop Distance plot got.

The game has been a blast so far.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Man this was really cool and surprising in game , why post this? It's not like it's a hidden Easter egg :/

OP
OP
AzureFlame

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
Man this was really cool and surprising in game , why post this? It's not like it's a hidden Easter egg :/

I thought it wasn't really clear that it referenced Versus 13 unless you pay very close attention to that short CG video and wanted to share a video that showed the refrences in a closer look.

I'm sorry I should have added a spoiler tag and now I don't even know how to add it.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it wasn't really clear that it referenced Versus 13 unless you pay very close attention to that short CG video and wanted to share a video that showed the refrences in a closer look.

I'm sorry I should have added a spoiler tag and now I don't even know how to add it.

It's extremely obvious in-game. The only way you'd miss it is if you were completely oblivious to Versus' existence.

[ spoiler ]-content-[ / spoiler ] or click the flag icon in the text box.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Saying there's a reference to VsXIII in KH3 isn't a spoiler.

Anyways, I watched this CG video earlier and honestly didn't notice it was a VsXIII reference since it looked like some generic hodgepodge of Nomura-isms.

OP
OP
AzureFlame

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
It's extremely obvious in-game. The only way you'd miss it is if you were completely oblivious to Versus' existence.

[ spoiler ]-content-[ / spoiler ]

I'm not to defend myself but I myself missed that it is a Versus reference, I thought it was some random mobile game commercial for SE till I saw the video I shared even tho I have followed Versus since the begainning and to this day I watch the old trailers :(, my bad.

Voxl

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At least he didn't spoiled any post game sequences days before release because he thought "it's industry relevant!"

Yeah, I'm still salty about Travis strikes again : /

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
"Seemingly complex character relationships".

The rhetoric around Versus XIII never ceases to amaze.

OP
OP
AzureFlame

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
RIGHT?! I've been actively avoiding anything KH3 related on Youtube and Twitter, yet this dumb title is something. Sure, people think It's not that big, but come on, that would of been a pretty great surprise for me. Well, I guess fucking not now.

Think before you make a thread OP.

Sorry I never expected this to be a spoiler, I my self didn't notice it even tho I've followed Versus very closely, won't happen again.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Saying there's a reference to VsXIII in KH3 isn't a spoiler.

It absolutely is. Unless Square put this in marketing this is something i want to find and be surprised by myself. If this was a post in the OT I'd say put it in spoiler tags, but i haven't even been in the OT to avoid shit like this. We dont need some dude shouting Easter Eggs in a thread title one day after the game came out.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I never expected this to be a spoiler, I my self didn't notice it even tho I've followed Versus very closely, won't happen again.
Don't lose sleep over it, it's fine. People here make it out to be a bigger deal than it is haha. But it's always safe to assume that, especially int he first couple weeks a game is out, there are folks out there who have been on media blackout, and want to keep all elements of the game under wraps until they play it (especially a fun easter egg like this).

I personally generally don't care much about spoilers, but I'm here enough to know some people are hyper sensitive to it, so it's not worth jeopardizing their experience.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
RIGHT?! I've been actively avoiding anything KH3 related on Youtube and Twitter, yet this dumb title is something. Sure, people think It's not that big, but come on, that would of been a pretty great surprise for me. Well, I guess fucking not now.

Think before you make a thread OP.

This is a ridiculous overexaggeration. OP did nothing wrong. This is a throwaway video essentially unrelated to the game. And the thread title says nothing, could've been just some poster on a wall for all you know.

18j2143luucg2jpg.jpg

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also like how Nomura completely takes the piss out of how wacky the Dream Drop Distance plot got.

The game has been a blast so far.

Considering the game writing up to this point and the fact that Pixar was closely involved in the parts regarding their movies, I can see that coming from Pixar.

I can picture someone at Pixar offices getting the draft and plot details of the game and demanding Buzz to say that. Lol

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
This is a ridiculous overexaggeration. OP did nothing wrong. This is a throwaway video essentially unrelated to the game. And the thread title says nothing, could've been just some poster on a wall for all you know.

18j2143luucg2jpg.jpg
Its literally the first thing you see when going to the Toy Story world. Part of why its so great is because its comes out of nowhere. Its absolutely a spoiler.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Its literally the first thing you see when going to the Toy Story world. Part of why its so great is because its comes out of nowhere. Its absolutely a spoiler.
Saying there's some kinda reference to VsXIII in KH3 isn't a spoiler, sorry. Now, if you're on media black out and are silly enough to click on this thread and then click on the video, well that sure is on you.