• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Real

Oct 28, 2017

Starting January 29, new Fios Gigabit internet customers will get a Stadia Premiere Edition on us. Stadia Premiere Edition includes a controller, a free three-month Stadia Pro subscription for access to games in up to 4k/60fps, and a Google Chromecast Ultra to enjoy your favorite games on your existing TV.

"Fios has long been known as the leading Internet service for console gaming and streaming entertainment," said Brian Higgins, vice president, consumer device marketing and products, Verizon. "With the recent surge in adoption of cloud gaming, led by Stadia, Fios will continue to serve as the backbone for the best cloud gaming services."

"Google working with Verizon to deliver incredible cloud gaming experiences is a great step forward for the industry," said Brennan Mullin, vice president, Devices and Services Partnerships, Google. "Verizon's commitment to delivering fast, reliable Fios internet matches perfectly with Stadia's exciting new cloud gaming, delivering an unmatched gamer experience"

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol failure of stadia is now complete. Joking aside makes sense if i am correct in thinking it didnt sell well.

Squirrel09

Nov 4, 2017
Verizon also offers Disney+. Sprint Gives Hulu. Comcast Gives Peacock. Sprint gives Amazon prime too.

Obviously not all the same thing, but partnering with a internet provider is a common tactic to increase users. And add value to the providers offer.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
There can't be a Stadia thread without complaints uh

Btw it is not "just Destiny" and, well, neither the thread title nor OP imply that. Please inform yourself before shitposting

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
There can't be a Stadia thread without complaints uh

Btw it is not "just Destiny" and, well, neither the thread title nor OP imply that. Please inform yourself before shitposting
Thread is about a free stadia device why do they also need to give out it's current gaming line up?

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Thread is about a free stadia device why do they also need to give out it's current gaming line up?
I know, I just forgot to quote the user that was quick to complain about free stuff (I mean, even if you dont give a shit about games you get a Chromecast Ultra for free...).

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
I was about to look if I can play Stadia from my chrome browser and looks like is not available in my country lol

Stadia は 14 か国に対応しておりますが、お住まいの国では現在のところご利用になれません。サービスを展開する際にはお知らせいたしますので、しばらくお待ちください。

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got excited and then saw I have to be a new customer. T-T I'd take a free Chromecast and Stadia controller, I wanna try it.

Sampson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Wait just a minute.

Didn't everyone tell me on this forum how ISPs were going to be the death of this service? Surely they would kill it right?

It wouldn't make any sense for them to push a service that, you know, actually makes people more reliant on the ISP in the first place. Because that makes too much sense.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Smart. I think I read that they are doing something like that in the UK as well.

As long as there are no exclusive deals then I'm good. Although I think Microsoft may have already done that in South Korea.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Sooooo it bombed then right? Maybe I'm being too pessimistic but it seems kinda crazy to give away/bundle for free something that's $130. Also, do we know when the official launch is?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Partnership with ISP on deals makes complete sense. Another chapter in the Doomsday book for the forum though.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
Wait just a minute.

Didn't everyone tell me on this forum how ISPs were going to be the death of this service? Surely they would kill it right?

It wouldn't make any sense for them to push a service that, you know, actually makes people more reliant on the ISP in the first place. Because that makes too much sense.

nope i've stood by and called routing or lack of proper topology or net features as the fault line in this tech. Most aren't going to customize their net connections to optimally connect to stadia either.

You can bypass your isp not that most will though.

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
Wait just a minute.

Shhhhhh.
No facts and talking sense in Stadia threads.
The people don't like it. They'll get mad. You don't want that.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
User warned: ableist slur
Sooooo it bombed then right? Maybe I'm being too pessimistic but it seems kinda crazy to give away/bundle for free something that's $130. Also, do we know when the official launch is?
It launches when the free tier comes out, they used the term early access instead of beta because their PR is retarded

Visuwell

Jan 22, 2019
nope i've stood by and called routing or lack of proper topology or net features as the fault line in this tech. Most aren't going to customize their net connections to optimally connect to stadia either.

You can bypass your isp not that most will though.
How are you able to bypass an ISP? Like vpn?