• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019
They haven't even announced a date. The delay is because an Insider leaked it.

I'm glad he owned up to it, though.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
This sucks, the multiplayer was so good and I was genuinely looking forward to that part maybe the most :(

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
The primary factor holding up development, beyond the pandemic, is the original Mass Effect game. It currently does not live up to the quality of the rest of the package. It would make a poor first impression for new players, and it might disappoint fans who then won't go on to play and experience the impressive upgrades for Mass Effect 2 and ME 3.

This is a problem with both the visuals and gameplay. The people working on the game understand the issues, and they want to do right by the franchise's fans.

Certainly won't deny the human models and textures have aged like hot milk on a summer day, but the alien NPC models actually hold up relatively well.

The gameplay updating has got me curious though. Hopefully the Mako will finally drive like a proper vehicle and not be chaos incarnate on the mountainous worlds.
Can't wait for the eventual gameplay trailer~

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Guys, ME1 combat is fucking trash. I love the game to death but the combat is utter trash. It's kinda fun in how broken and bad it is, but the combat is 100% bad.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ME3 multiplayer made that game worth playing. That game has enough fans to support multiplayer.

This might be a bigger remaster fuckup than Prince of Persia.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
yeah, reading this is wierd, since my favorite is ME1 and i like how it is, was hoping to play them just like they were but with visual upgrades and nothing more. now i'm worried.

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
Gonna go ahead and address everybody angry that they're changing something:

*inhales* THE ORIGINAL STILL EXISTS. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS ONE THEN JUST GO PLAY THE ONE YOU DO LIKE. REMAKES AND REMASTERS DO NOT MAGICALLY ERASE THE ORIGINAL. YOU ARE NOT OWED ANYTHING.

Christ. Same shit different thread. Can't wait to see what they do. Was gearing up to start another playthrough of the series, but I think I can wait.

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
I'm very much ok with the delay. With folks working from home with potentially 4K assets, etc, I say give them time.

Fingers crossed EA doesn't make too many changes to ME1. I know a lot of folks hate the jank--and I get that--but I hope they just smooth out the edges in terms of gameplay and graphics and not remake things. I absolutely adore ME1--warts and all.

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ME1 has some real RPG elements, what came after were shooters with an RPG lite flavor at the expense of the RPG mechanics and world building.
2 and 3 specifically had better worldbuilding than 1, 3 especially with how well Patrick Weekes handled the lore behind the Krogan rebellions. Not to mention the RPG mechanics in 2 and 3 were deeper than 1 with 2 just offloading lots of the stat progression to the lab/armory.

Nothing worked well in 1 besides "ambition", Sovereign was a dumb loser the second he just started talking shit, and Saren undermined how interesting he could have been by just being about mind control the whole time.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Good news. ME1 needs the work to bring it to parity with the other games, mechanically at least. I hope they take inspiration from what Bluepoint did with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune in the Uncharted Collection, cause that was tight.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
I tried to play ME3 on PC years ago and got bored. Other than that, I never played other ME title.. so I'm excited to give the series another chance.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
ME1 is an old and clunky game since it's a very early attempt at merging RPG and third person shooter gameplay, but stripping it of its RPG combat elements isn't the correct change to make now (and imo wasn't then either)

All ME1 'needs' is ME3's combat backported. You can gatekeep as much as you like, that combat system was dated then and is ancient now.

i wish the internet had never learned the term "gatekeeping". how on earth does that apply here

Mad_Rhetoric

Banned
May 7, 2019
This is good news because it confirms they are improving ME1.

Ill happily wait till 2021 and play it on my Series X.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Sounds great to me, ME1 is rough to go back to gameplay and load times are trying.

Also I never gave a damn about ME3 multiplayer so all of this sounds great.

Hopefully this does come to switch as I probably won't bother with a ps4/xs1/ps5/xsx port outside of gamespass.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly maintain that Mass Effect 1 was the only truly great game in that series. 2 and 3 are both fine, but ME1 was something special. Landing on planets and being able to explore mostly empty wastelands with really interesting, at times, skyboxes just felt good to me.
I hated every second of planet exploration frankly, super glad it was ditched.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
God help them if they mess with Shepherd's sweet dance moves.

HKFSnkX.gif

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Never played the MP aside from a handful of times so can't say I mind at all. I'm just hoping the games get a real good upgrade.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
As long as they don't put the cover shooting system of the second game into the first i don't think they could make the gameplay worse for me. The first game's gameplay might not be that great but is still way better than the second one's. Still haven't finished it because i always get bored of the awful cover shooting. Maybe they could make it more like Andromeda where the combat is more free form. Though i don't know how much work they really want put into this and it might be just too much work.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
This is good news besides the ME3 multiplayer. They need to do this justice and a simple upres is not enough.

Deleted member 23475

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No MP?! I spent nearly 500 hours back in the day in this multiplayer, it was THAT good.

Please EA reconsider if you read me, keep it how it was it's fine!

Otherwise for the rest of the collection seems only good news

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
All signs point to there being no Switch version right now at all.

There have been three different listings for Switch version, "all signs" point to a Switch version.

Grubb's reasoning for no Switch version is that he knew what 7 games EA would bring to Switch in one year, so he said Mass Effect Switch should be at least a year away. But we already know that his list is false.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Said it in the other thread:

- Put ME3 Combat in past two games.
- Put back holstering in ME3.

Remaster done.

Also change the shit ending. 😁

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
No ME3 MP is a real disappointment. That multiplayer mode was just so much fun.
711d125fd34c4944c22d9896f6bb6020b587b1bb.gifv

tumblr_mw0qqvOE3B1qlu897o5_r1_400.gifv

tumblr_mvn4o8aXvm1rnpgngo1_400.gif

Losing MP for ME3 is really getting rid of a huge chunk of that game's appeal.

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh I literally just commented in the last thread that my biggest wish was for them to bring over the multiplayer, to the get immediate confirmation of fuck you no multiplayer

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they reconsider their stance on this whole "no MP" thing, a lot of people loved the multiplayer.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a soft spot in my heart for ME1 but yeah the combat is bad. Tried replaying it a few months ago but I didn't finish it. If they're going to bring the game up to par with ME2 then I'm all for waiting a bit longer. I just hope the additions are worth the wait.

And fix the Mako while you're at it.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, sounds like they want to do more than just the bare minimum at least. Hopefully they can win people over again.