• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
How much is normal/expected? To get a comparison.

lol unlimited isn't really unlimited. They will force choke your bandiwdth.
I guess it variates from ISP to ISP, but are there any examples of which ISP that reduce the bandwith after a certain amount of data has been downloaded? Which ISP is that, and how much is the bandwidth reduced with (and how much has to be downloaded for that to happen)?

Last edited:

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
Someone correct my numbers if I am wrong here, but putting this here for reference;

Netflix - 1GB/3GB/7GB per hour for a SD/HD/4k stream
Disney+ - 250MB/750MB/3GB/7GB per hour for a Low/Med (SD)/High (HD)/Ultra HD stream
PSNow - 2GB-3GB per hour for a 720p stream
Stadia - 4.5GB/9GB/15GB-20GB per hour for a 720p/1080p/4k stream
XCloud - TBD

The video services use a decent amount, and for the amount of hours people spend on those, that is shewing through tons of data right there (Hulu, Amazon, etc likely in the same ranges)

I would imagine that in order to have the quality, XCloud will come in around Stadia numbers give or take. Data caps be damned if you use multiple services like these lol.

Last edited:

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
It'll be interesting to see how many ISP bill horror stories show up on news sites when Stadia celebrates its first month "anniversary".

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Someone correct my numbers if I am wrong here, but putting this here for reference;

Netflix - 1gb/3gb/7gb per hour for a SD/HD/4k stream
Disney+ - 250mb/750mb/3gb/7gb per hour for a Low/Med (SD)/High (HD)/Ultra HD stream
PSNow - 2gb-3gb per hour for a 720p stream
Stadia - 4.5gb/9gb/15gb-20gb per hour for a 720p/1080p/4k stream
XCloud - TBD

The video services use a decent amount, and for the amount of hours people spend on those, that is shewing through tons of data right there (Hulu, Amazon, etc likely in the same ranges)

I would imagine that in order to have the quality, XCloud will come in around Stadia numbers give or take. Data caps be damned if you use multiple services like these lol.

gb- Gigabit
GB- Gigabyte

8 bits = 1 byte

So in your post, is it bit or byte?

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
My fiber connection at home is unlimited, but my LTE plan has a 30GB limit. No way I'm able to stream games regularly.