• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Slightly off topic. But I just found out Kojima is nearly 60?!

Man he don't look it, like at all...

mc4UJw.gif

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
If this is true, it'll be interesting to see who ultimately owns the IP. If you have a situation where Microsoft owns the IP, and the next Kojima game proves to be a major hit on the levels of Metal Gear Solid, you'll have a situation where potentially more than one Kojima game is Xbox exclusive should he want to continue working on the game.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
as a PlayStation (& switch) only owner with no intention of getting a xbox, am i nihilistic for wanting this to be true? lmao...

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be the first to admit I rolled my eyes at the people picking apart The Shelf lmao. But uh, carry on I guess??

Hope the rumours are true about this being a cloud-powered game. Devs have talked about cloud tech having the potential to elevate game design for years but nobody's delivered on it yet. Would love to see what Kojima can cook up with that
Microsoft Flight Simulator?

Microsoft Flight Simulator Game Boosted by Microsoft Azure (futurumresearch.com)

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Kojima still keeps tweeting about horror related media.

So an episodic Game Pass horror game would be great.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Kojima about to abandon PlayStation... oh boy...
Why are people so surprised? Independent developers most of the time pitch their games around the globe and go with the partner that makes the most sense or agrees a deal. With Xbox push for cloud and the rumored Kojima cloud game, it is a match made in the clouds. 🥁

Why are people so surprised? Independent developers most of the time pitch their games around the globe and go with the partner that makes the most sense or agrees a deal. With Xbox push for cloud and the rumored Kojima cloud game, it is a match made in the clouds.
That, and Sony kinda just got rid of everyone that was left in Japan that Kojima had a relationship with.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
If I knew you all cared so deeply about random twitter guy I wouldn't have said anything. I'm sorry.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, it could be horror... My faint heart would have to skip out on that, then. Dang.
Boktai/Lunar Knights sequel for Xbox.
A man can dream.

I know, I know.
Boktai would actually be sick. Sadly, Konami would have be involved in that...
They have an extremely broad and varied slate of games on the horizon. The only real glaring hole MS have currently is Japanese games. So unless your taste is extremely narrow and you only care for Japanese stuff I don't get how nothing MS has coming up appeals to you.

They'll have FPS, TPS, massive RPG's, racers, flight sim, etc.
My gaming palette is kinda broad, but also weirdly specific in ways that Microsoft doesn't cater to. I like first person shooters, but games like Doom Eternal or Dusk, not Halo. I'm more into JRPGs than Western RPGs, and the lack of Japanese games definitely hurts their appeal for me, not just in RPGs but in things like character action games, shmups, and generally weird things like what Suda makes. Strategy games hurt my brain and self-assurance, and it legit makes me annoyed that Microsoft's main idea for catering to PC gaming is half strategy games. More puzzly stuff would be real nice, too, or a big-budget roguelike, like Hades. I also like racing games that I can actually play after I actually paid money for the damned thing before Gamepass was actually out on PC.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Listen. I need this to be true, and then see MS buy Konami.

😬
I think the best idea for Microsoft, Sony or someone else would be the get the gaming relevant IP and perhaps the one or two studios still there for PES. I don't think the company itself is worth it, considering neither MS or Sony are into their now main business.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Someone posted this in the PS OT from last year, it originates from Famitsu:

www.gamesradar.com

Hideo Kojima discusses new Kojima Productions projects

The interview was published in the February 6 edition of Famitsu

As far as games go, Kojima Productions "is planning to work on multiple game projects, one of which would be a 'big' game". But Kojima is planning on making some smaller games, too, including episodic and digital-only titles.

So is this Xbox title supposed to be the "big" title, or the smaller episodic one?

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just saw the trailer for Abandoned, not sure how anyone thought that to begin with?

Looks nothing like anything Kojima has done and the dialogue, while bad, is like the opposite of Kojima. Flowery but short, not insanely overwrought and drawn out.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021

www.gamesradar.com

As far as games go, Kojima Productions "is planning to work on multiple game projects, one of which would be a 'big' game". But Kojima is planning on making some smaller games, too, including episodic and digital-only titles.

So is this Xbox title supposed to be the "big" title, or the smaller episodic one?
Sounds like the smaller one, which would be a bummer. I'd love a full-fledged AAA kojima exclusive on Xbox

Jan 4, 2018

www.gamesradar.com

He said in 2019 that he had "one big thing" in mind related to streaming. So that's difficult to know I guess.

We'll start seeing completly different games these next five years as 5G spreads. There's one big thing I have in mind related to streaming as well. I can't say anything more as I don't want to spoil though (laughs).
www.dualshockers.com

Hideo Kojima Teases a "Big Thing" Related to Streaming and Cloud Gaming

Hideo Kojima believes in cloud gaming platforms like Google Stadia and wishes to leave his mark in a future where movies and games became one.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
the game may be free with gamepass

but will the mandatory light sensor be mailed to gamepass subscribers also? 🤔

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Kojima about to abandon PlayStation... oh boy...

"Abandon"?

The relationship between Kojima's projects and PlayStation has always been one of business, not some "Loyalty to the Family", nor is "Honor and Shame" huge parts of it.

He and his studio will find any business they can to get the money coming in, be it with Sony, Microsoft, or anyone else, with their games on whatever platform they can get them on. I mean, the big rumor was is that his next title was going to be for Stadia before Google cowed-out on the platform and shutdown all development.

trapt777

Oct 25, 2017
Kojima just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Kojima's next game for any system, nor will they purchase any of Microsoft's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kojima has alienated an entire market with this move.

Kojima, publicly apologize and cancel your unannounced game for Xbox or you can kiss your business goodbye.

driqe

Jan 21, 2021
Kojima just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Kojima's next game for any system, nor will they purchase any of Microsoft's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kojima has alienated an entire market with this move.

Kojima, publicly apologize and cancel your unannounced game for Xbox or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Mod Edit: Removed prohibited link

Last edited by a moderator:

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
choosing between PS5 and XSX is going to be a heart breaking choice when they become available

It doesn't really have to be though. You can own both consoles...one of the companies even offers a pretty good next gen console that is a great Gamepass machine for $299.

Oh shit, I think I just became a Gamepass Warrior.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
choosing between PS5 and XSX is going to be a heart breaking choice when they become available

I chose PS5 because they've got a bunch of stuff I'm interested in coming in the short term, but there's no way I'm limiting myself to Sony this gen. If xcloud isn't where I want it to be in a year or two then that Series S is gonna be looking mighty appetizing lol. Exciting times!

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Yeah makes sense. I expected current PlayStation to not particularly fight for another Kojima exclusive. Doesn't really check a box for them and Death Stranding didn't set the world on fire either.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
From a purely spectator point, this is a baller move by Microsoft if true. My god, they came to play this gen. Phil is not phucking around.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
meh, whats the point? the game will get cancelled just like the platinum games project, especially once Kojima starts bringing in the A list movie stars and the budget skyrockets 10 fold lol

meh, whats the point? the game will get cancelled just like the platinum games project, especially once Kojima starts bringing in the A list movie stars and the budget skyrockets 10 fold lol
Scalebound falling apart has no bearing on how a Kojima project would be handled, especially since he is coming off of a massive AAA open world title that was made in 3 years time.