• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yggfk

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Here we go again

pt_homem_estrela.jpg
Saudades Dilmãe.

LULA LÁ 2022!!!

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Microsoft making all these moves before even having any big games out. We are going to hit a point this gen where Microsoft is just going to hit us with game after game like Sony did last gen.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the amount of "ugh, I'm gonna be forced to get an Xbox" in this thread is super weird.

You guys are acting like you're being forced to take some nasty cough syrup or something.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
True, this will lead to more exclusives, but as someone who owns a PS5 and Gamepass on PC, it doesn't effect me. But this will also cause both Sony and MS to invest more in games so that's a plus.
I own a ps5 and pc as well, but it still bothers me that a significant amount of people are being shutout of playing their favorite games.

This goes for both Sony and MS. I feel like it will only get worse as the generation continues. Sony will be forced to make 'moves'.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kojima is not exactly making mainstream stuff. He's weird. But let's turn this into console warring sure.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
All according to Phil-kaku
This is the best post.

Kojima productions exclusives for Xbox and Remedy's for Playstation. Oh my lol how far the tables have turned
lol this would be quite amazing. Now all we need is for Mario to release on the new Sega console and....

About talks, to be clear. Don't know if a deal has been signed. Think it's the game they were talking to Google about.
This makes all the sense. MS is a natural partner to make a crazy cloud-only game with Stadia stepping away. Amazon could also manage it, but.. Anyway, that's not something Sony or Decima could ever have delivered.

Still, we'll see if it ends up really going through at the end of the day.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Console wars, trolling, history of similar behavior
Kojima with Xbox? The game will bomb, I'm sure.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't the rumor that the game he wanted to make with Google was supposed to be episodic? Would be interesting if that's what this turned into, as the episodic thing feels like the one natural method for content for GamePass that it feels like MS hasn't fully explored yet.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
About talks, to be clear. Don't know if a deal has been signed. Think it's the game they were talking to Google about.

Interesting. Then I'm glad it's coming to a platform I actually use, if this all bears out.

Let's just be excited that Kojima continues to get work without the smug gloating, shall we?

shan780

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
UK
I'm on board for basically anything kojima puts out. he's never missed for me

being a primarily PC guy, this works out just fine for me

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
Wasn't the rumor that the game he wanted to make with Google was supposed to be episodic? Would be interesting if that's what this turned into, as the episodic thing feels like the one natural method for content for GamePass that it feels like MS hasn't fully explored yet.

I believe he was also interested in ideas that were only possible with streaming as well.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They probably don't want to touch that subject with a ten foot pole for another couple of years, otherwise people will bring up XBOX ONE TVTVTV SPORTS TV QUANTUM BREAK TVTVTV

If they do release a big game in the episodic format, they won't make a big deal about it at all. They'll probably only briefly mention it and then change the subject.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Goddamn that Abandoned hype train got derailed so fast. One might say it has been....abandoned.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017

While I don't love the idea. If it more along the lines of something like Black Mirror I'll be down.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
They probably don't want to touch that subject with a ten foot pole for another couple of years, otherwise people will bring up XBOX ONE TVTVTV SPORTS TV QUANTUM BREAK TVTVTV

I mean, episodic doesn't have to mean TV show. Having a game where you can pump out a new "episode" month after month for an extended period of time seems like a natural fit for a monthly subscription service, and can also allow a studio to get something out quicker.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Interesting, I didn't really like DS very much and haven't actually enjoyed a Kojima made game since MGS 3 but I'll at least try it on GP if this is accurate.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn that Abandoned hype train got derailed so fast. One might say it has been....abandoned.

Half that thread became a wild conspiracy theory. I'll like to see more but so much of that shit is nonsense. I'd love for Remedy to make a PS game, but I believe that's still a rumor. This is also still a rumor.

But you know, it has to explode just because...

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
I mean, episodic doesn't have to mean TV show. Having a game where you can pump out a new "episode" month after month for an extended period of time seems like a natural fit for a monthly subscription service, and can also allow a studio to get something out quicker.

I think it'd be more like a season than an episode.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's time for the haters to admit it...

The used car salesman is REALLY good at selling the benefits of being on Xbox Game Pass

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
KJP revival was always meant to be an independent company. They aren't tied to one major company or another. Sony fronted development of both the studio and Death Stranding (which Sony recouped in sales of DS, merch, etc). Makes sense to see if MS approached KJP with a sack of cash asking for a title.

I am curious to see about Decima licensing. If that engine will be reused again for Xbox platform, that is. Already exists on PC.

It'll be wild to see an Xbox case with a Decima engine logo.