• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
You got to be shitting me fuxking LOL.

You guys remember the legendary "PS3 board"? We need one to list everything MS is doing right compared to Sony because Holy Shit if they publish his next game.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
As the days go by the less and less I care about obtaining a PS5, especially now that I have a capable laptop.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Phil: "Hideo, I just bought Konami, so I can give you all your licenses back. Have fun, go nuts".

Gotta be more ambitious. "We'll give you all the licenses. Make us the Konami MCU game. Take Snake and Belmont and set it in Silent Hill. Go nuts!"

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
An episodic horror game would fit right in with MS's Game Pass model. On top of that, if it's the Stadia game it was being built with cloud latency and features in mind. Easily transferrable to Azure/xCloud. I'd be interested, even if I'm not a MGS/Kojima fan.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
User Banned (1 Month): Continued history of platform warring, trolling, & antagonizing others
And then, came the next Xplosion ... an Xplosion that will be our last
Well, there it is. Plosion

What's a game pass warrior?
A person who can't stfu about it for 5 mins. Every single post is about GP. A person trying to shove it down people's throat constantly. Like, f**k... over and over again. I don't even care about the game that abandoned thread was a breath of fresh air to me. But whatever..
Nobody was actually talking about that game though.
What? They were, people just weren't fighting over it. It's the reason this thread is even getting traction. Lol

Loveless

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think many people - if any - require a coping mechanism for the possibility that Kojima won't make a Playstation console exclusive game.
Oh how you're so wrong about that. There are way too many fanboys. This could be said about anything really, music, movies, people, etc, but gaming definitely has a lot.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Betrayalton, Kojima can kiss his business goodbye if true.
Kojima Productions just shot themselves in the foot.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase KP#2 for Xbox, nor will they purchase any of Kojima Production's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kojima Productions has alienated an entire market with this move.
Kojima Productions, publicly apologize and cancel KP#2 for X|S or you can kiss your business goodbye.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I wonder if he'll be able to use the decima engine. I assume not?
All of that time looking for a new engine to use only to have to do it all over again, lol
That's quite a turn of events.

Kojima Productions about to drop the Decima Engine?
It would have to depend on the licensing deal that Kojima Productions had with both Sony and Guerrilla whether or not he would need a new engine but I have a feeling that he will likely be able to use Decima again despite having nothing to really back it up*, simply because I have to imagine that Kojima and his business team probably wouldn't have signed a deal to use an engine potentially only once if the partnership with Sony fell through (which is presumably has given the Google rumors and now this) because switching engines would be costly and slow down development time of future games.

(*Other than that PR story that the guys from Guerilla gifted him the source code of Decima when he was engine shopping but that undoubtedly left out the business aspects of it)

Kojima could always do whatever he wants, and I know Sony has been cutting some studios, but I do not believe for a second they would take the PR loss of having his next game be not on PS5.

if it's on Xbox, I imagine it's on PS too. Maybe Xbox gets marketing rights, a la CP2077.

I will play it regardless of where it is of course
The PR loss is relative and most casuals wouldn't care honestly, so it would be no bigger a PR hit than the PS3/PSP/Vita store closures or the lack of backwards compatibility or the save transfer complications or all the other negative stuff going around on here. Most casual gamers probably don't know who Kojima even is and so the "PR loss" of his next game not hitting PS5 wouldn't be very relevant for the most part, and in terms of financials wouldn't be a bigger loss than the potential of the game flopping or not succeeding (since Death Stranding presumably didn't do as well for Sony as they would have liked.)

This is so exhausting lol, like I'm just tired. It really seems like Microsoft is making all the right moves and Sony is just chilling.

I'm an Xbox guy but I have to say that I don't think that Sony is "just chilling" or anything like that. They have several first party exclusive games and timed exclusive games coming out this year and their PS+ games have been phenomenal this year as well. Playstation is doing incredibly well in their own right so far honestly.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's like the reverse of last gen. Remedy doing a game for ps5 and kojima doing a game for xbox, lol.

Loveless

Oct 27, 2017
There was never a single good reason to believe that relationship was always gonna last more than 1 game.
It's pretty obvious that tons of people were expecting the Sony/Kojima relationship to be strong and last a long time, to even eventually when Kojima studios was going to be bought. And you didn't even have to be a fanboy to think that. But yeah ok, keep telling yourself whatever you want.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Xbox exclusives projects and publisher buyout are like Smash reveal now.
Wow, is that spot-on. Great post.

I hadn't realized the parallels but they are quite obvious.
  • Once every 3-to-4 months
  • The anticipation of whom it will be
  • The disappointment of who it turned out to be from the majority of the Era community
  • The excitement of who it turned out to be by a vocal minority of the Era community
  • The ridiculous amount of posts debating the merits of the revealed chosen
  • The inevitable realization that the clock has been reset for another 3-to-4 months

....I guess I'm glad I game on all platforms.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
A person who can't stfu about it for 5 mins! Every single post is about GP. A person trying to shove it down people's throat constantly. Like, fuck... over and over again. I don't even care about the game that abandoned thread was a breath of fresh air and
Can you show me the posts actually shoving GP down people's throats? Why can't people be happy over a service that provides them value and talk about it on an enthusiast forum? Like if you have issues with this just put the people on ignore. Comes of threadwhiny. Especially when it's a thread about a possible MS published game which will undoubtedly be on GP if the talks end with a deal.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
This is so exhausting lol, like I'm just tired. It really seems like Microsoft is making all the right moves and Sony is just chilling.
Sony is the comfortable market leader, MS is trying to build and grow something new.

One frankly needs to work a lot harder than the other.

But yeah, that means MS is certainly the more exciting of the two from an onlooker perspective.

Teuthex

May 31, 2019
Death Stranding surprised me by being my favourite PS4 exclusive, and I am 100% here for any future games by him, and particularly glad if it's indeed coming to Xbox.

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/CSX142857
All the deal's gotta be is a blank check and ability to get half of Hollywood in the cutscenes and Kojima will sign it instantly. Expecting this to be on e of the big reveals during their online e3 conference

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Its all coming toguether

tenor.gif

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
It would be extremely fucking crazy if Kojima used the Decima engine for an Xbox exclusive.

Sep 7, 2020
Sony has a ton of unannounced and announced stuff coming to and every thread is the end of the world. I am excited to see what they have in store during their summer event just like I am excited about MS and Nintendo. There is legit a person in this thread saying that an independent game developer betrayed an entire culture and country because he may or may not have decided to sign a contract to make a video game with a company that may not be coming to the playstation. That is insanity.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Don't care long as long as he has the funding he wants. And that it comes to PC.